Join other players on play.universemc.us

Denied MrWiId's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by MrWild, Jun 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrWild

MrWild Network YouTuber

MrWild’s Staff Application - UniverseMC

• Introduction:

Before I get started discussing my character traits, hobbies, and why I would like to apply for staff on UniverseMC I would like to give a short introduction. My name is Wild, I am a gaming nerd/weeb, always playing games. I play soccer for fun, which I can't really anymore due to foot injuries. I also go swimming a lot! I hope you take time to read my application, thanks!

1) Simple Information

• Minecraft Username:

MrWiId

• Previous Minecraft Usernames (if applicable):

https://namemc.com/profile/MrWiId.1

• What's your timezone?:

United States, CST (Central Standard Time)

I am currently 14 years old.

• Are you staff on any other servers?:

No, I am not currently staff on any other servers.

• Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone? If you have discord, please list your full discord name and tag. Example; Example#1234:

I'm currently associated with discord as my primary social media usage. However, I'm available to any others if necessary. Feel free to contact me on discord. MrWild#0775

• Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?:

I am a YouTuber on the server currently, so I do in fact have a way to record hackers, or videos to present the server in a nice manner and may even be able to bring people in the server!

• Do you have a donator rank on any of our game modes?:

Yes, I do! They will be listed below by the server.

Neptune:

Elite

Jupiter:

Comet

2) Elaborate

2) Where are you most active on the Universe Server?:

As of now, I'm most active on the Jupiter, Mars, and Neptune servers enjoying the wonderful player experience of being able to be free and to just enjoy myself. I am also quite active on the UniverseMC discord when things get boring.

3) How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:

Summer Schedule:

Monday - (8:00 AM - 11:00 PM CST)

Tuesday - (8:00 AM - 11:00 PM CST)

Wednesday - (8:00 AM - 11:00 PM CST)

Thursday - (8:00 AM - 11:00 PM CST)

Friday - (8:00 AM - 11:00 PM CST)

Saturday - (8:00 AM - 11:00 PM CST)

Sunday - (8:00 AM - 11:00 PM CST)

School Schedule:

Monday - (4:30 PM - 10:00 PM CST)

Tuesday - (4:30 PM - 10:00 PM CST)

Wednesday - (4:30 PM - 10:00 PM CST)

Thursday - (4:30 PM - 10:00 PM CST)

Friday - (4:30 PM - 12:00 AM CST)

Saturday - (8:00 AM - 12:00 AM CST)

Sunday - (8:00 AM - 10:00 PM CST)

(This schedule is not as dependent as it may change over holidays or school breaks. This means I might be more active than the times I listed.)

4) Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details (if applicable):

Yes, I have been banned on a very popular server twice, the first time due to me using an autoclicker for a speed bridge and the bot caught me using it and I got banned for a few days, and then continued playing. I don't currently use any type of exploit, or auto clicker on Minecraft. The second time was because I shared my Minecraft account info with my old friend because we were on a Skyblock server, and I let him AFK with my account. One day, I was being a little disrespectful to him, and he turned around and hacked on the popular server and got me banned permanently for cheat detection. I have no trust in anyone and no longer trust anyone with my account information.

5) SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?:

If I muted a well-known player and they proceeded to spam me constantly, I would warn them politely not to spam. However, if they continuously kept spamming, I would mute them just to ensure the Guidelines are being followed by keeping the rules balanced evenly.

6) Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?:

The last time I made a mistake in the last year was when I was sick a whole week and I came back to a bunch of homework and I waited so long to do it, that some of them turned into late assignments. I learned that I should always do it as soon as possible and keep it easy for the teachers to keep up with.

7) Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? If not, please explain how you could do as staff even without having any previous experiences. (Minimum 200+ words):

Words: 1,007

Yes, I have had previous moderation and leadership experiences.

In Minecraft

RenaissanceMC:

In the past, like a year or two ago I was Moderator on a server named RenaissanceMC. This server had DrugCraft, Bedwars, Skywars, Cakewars, and more. I was only staff for about 3 weeks before I got fired due to a false punishment made by accident. A player was lagging and I thought he was teleporting to different spots on the map. I froze him and got into a call and screenshared him. He did in fact have a hack client, but it had not been opened since last year. I didn't check that until after I banned him. This is now let me learn that I should check everything before I go banning people. But since this was over a year ago, I have learned from my mistakes and I have become a better staff member. I am not sure if RenaissanceMC is still up or not, but I think they may have shut down.

Demoted/Resigned:
    Demoted

Baitservers:

Baitservers was a server with all types of game modes such as, Factions, Skyblock, and Bedwars. I used to be a Helper on Baitservers, and I was Helper for about 6-7 months. I have had most of my staff experience on that server, since I was staff for so long on that server. Unfortunately, they are being shut down due to inactive players. The owner is currently lacking on updating the server, due to school and no motivation. I gained a lot of knowledge on how to handle certain situations based on guidelines and permissions of the server.

Demoted/Resigned:
    Resigned

Helper

AnubisPVP:

I started off as a Helper on AnubisPVP, then about a week later I got promoted to the rank Moderator. I was really active and loyal to the community, which caused me to get ranked to one of the owners after the second owner had to step down due to family reasons. Later on, our playerbase expanded as I had more motivation and determination then the previous owner did, Within the next few months the server later got shutdown due to inactive socialization, and inactive players. I was able to retrieve quite a bit of experience for being staff on AnubisPVP.

Demoted/Resigned:
    Resigned

Owner

VoltixMC (previously VoltixPVP):

VoltixPVP was planned to become a new generation of Factions, and Skyblock with fully re-programmed plugins I was an Owner for the server, handling all the expenses such as our host, buycraft premium, xenforo, plugins, advertisements, etc. The server, however, failed to continue due to me shutting it down from losing interest in working with the staff team. I have succeeded greatly in developing for the server as well as communication and socialization I had with the players of the community. I have worked on this server for about 2 weeks with a discord server of about 40 members.

This next section is after the rebrand.

VoltixMC was put back up and rebranded to VoltixMC instead of VoltixPVP because our team decided it would be a nice change since our server was then coming to be a Skyblock server. It gained about 60 players in the Discord. I hired a couple builders to help me a couple months ahead. We were 12 hours from release and they decide to spawn 19 million blocks of TNT in, and blow it up causing everything to go away, and they deleted the backups in console since one of them did in fact have console.

Demoted/Resigned:
    Resigned

Owner

SynexMC:

SynexMC is a OP Factions & OP Skyblock server. I applied for staff about 2 months ago or so before they went into Beta. I was accepted as a Helper about 1 week later. I then was pretty immature, which I fixed, and I am mature now. I was also pretty inactive, since I was playing on UniverseMC quite often. I lasted as Helper my whole time being there. I unfortunately resigned May 8, 2019 because I chose to apply here instead of being staff on UniverseMC.

Demoted/Resigned:
    Resigned

Helper

Anime Craft:

Let me start off by saying this owner was not very professional at his job. He would constantly use lower case letter and used acronyms like crazy. I do believe he is autistic, so that might be why. One thing I also noticed was he was constantly changing and deleting discords. He was quick to promote anyone asking for promotions and I as a joke asked, and I got promoted instantly from Support Team (lowest) to Co-Manager (3rd highest). He then put us all down to Support and kept moving us around. So before I resigned, I’m not sure exactly what “role” I was assigned, but I left with Support. The minecraft server was also a template. Wasn’t my hottest experience, clearly.

Demoted/Resigned:
    Resigned

Co-Manager/Support

Outside of Minecraft

Flood Donations:

There was a flood a couple months ago where I live. It caused major damage to the community and peoples houses were getting torn down. We have a church nearby that was taking donations. I went to the church and told them I would sit there for a couple hours and work for that time. They were amazed and they thanked me. I ended up staying there longer than I expected, and I actually ended up getting tons of donations from the community! This was pretty successful.

WP Support:

During my wait to reapply for UniverseMC I honestly directed my focus to a Discord bot for a new product I was going to sell. This product was a very easy way to change your Discord game status in minutes. I coded this Discord bot & the product which was called “WildPresence”. I would say I was a decent leader, considering I recruited 2 current UniverseMC staff members, Zoxide & PenguinNerd. They would help somewhat, but mainly just give opinions, which was good enough for me, considering they would constantly stop, to go help on UniverseMC which shows really good dedication for both of them!

8) If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?:

I currently have two hobbies/activities that I like to do outside of Minecraft. I play on the school soccer team and I did 1 practice and 1 game a week, which meant 2 times a week I was involved in soccer. Due to a severe foot injury, I can no longer play the rest of the season. I am involved in some advanced school classes, so I have some homework every night, which isn't that bad. I also like to hangout with my friends sometimes, but pretty rarely. I will go swimming quite a few times this summer considering my friend has a membership to a pool down the street and is willing to take me whenever.

9) SCENARIO: You're on a busy game mode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a junior moderator for a hacker, someone then messages you on discord telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?:

If I was being spammed with questions regarding a player hacking, I would politely ask them not to spam. Then I would proceed to ask them, What's the hackers username? What hacks are they being accused of? Do you have any sufficient evidence that they were hacking? If not, are you near the hacker? After asking those questions I would quickly contact a Higher Rank staff member to help handle the situation by repeating what the issue is to the Junior Moderator or Administrator with appropriate and sufficient evidence to support their case. Next, I would warn the person continuing to blast music on the discord to prevent them from causing continuous problems. If they continued, I would temporarily mute them for failing to abide by the Discord Server Rules.

10) SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?:

If there were 4 people spamming me and arguing that I have falsely punished a player, I would check with higher staff members to take a look at it. If however, it was a false punishment, I would politely explain how I made a mistake then apologize for my actions.

11) Anything else we should know?:

I hope this application gets accepted. I am a YouTuber on the server currently which is really exciting and a great opportunity, and being Helper would be even better! I am pretty well-known in the community. I would greatly enjoy joining the UniverseMC Staff Team. I'm really looking forward to constructive criticism to better help me improve my application in the long run. I would like to thank you for taking the time to read this.

Hackers:

I know the difference between people that are lagging, and people that are hacking. I can tell by how they move, what they do, etc. I know this stuff from previous staff experiences. I also am able to record hackers to prove my punishment was correct.

Schedule:

In the summer, I am active 9-10 hours a day on weekdays and weekends. On normal school weeks, I am active 5-6 hours a day on weekdays, and 9-10 hours on weekends. I have listed 2 schedules below.

Summer Schedule:

Monday - (8:00 AM - 11:00 PM CST)

Tuesday - (8:00 AM - 11:00 PM CST)

Wednesday - (8:00 AM - 11:00 PM CST)

Thursday - (8:00 AM - 11:00 PM CST)

Friday - (8:00 AM - 11:00 PM CST)

Saturday - (8:00 AM - 11:00 PM CST)

Sunday - (8:00 AM - 11:00 PM CST)

School Schedule:

Monday - (4:30 PM - 10:00 PM CST)

Tuesday - (4:30 PM - 10:00 PM CST)

Wednesday - (4:30 PM - 10:00 PM CST)

Thursday - (4:30 PM - 10:00 PM CST)

Friday - (4:30 PM - 12:00 AM CST)

Saturday - (8:00 AM - 12:00 AM CST)

Sunday - (8:00 AM - 10:00 PM CST)

Fun Fact:

This entire application is about 2,700 words and 14,400 characters long.

I hope I can become staff on UniverseMC because I want to be able to have a chance at becoming a staff member on a server with a big player base. If anyone is reading this, feel free to give me your constructive criticism in the reply section on how I can improve my application to return back to the Interview stage where I was previously denied. If I'm accepted as a Helper, I will work really hard to do my duties as a staff member, to make the server run nice and smooth.

Thank you for taking the time to review my application. I hope to see all of you on the server. Stay safe, be nice, and have a great day.

Regards,

MrWild

2. PenguinNerd

PenguinNerd Fluffy Penguin <3

Hello, @MrWild Here are some Suggestions.

Suggestions:

- Add more detail to questions 5, 6, and 10 as I believe they are lacking slight detail

- Become slightly more mature, as your behavior in response to your last denial was not the correct way to handle it

- Become more Globally Active on our platforms (Forums, Discord, All Server Platforms, and Twitter if applicable)

Other than the suggestions above your application appears to be quite well organized and filled with effort!

Best of Luck.

- Penguin

3. Wild_Yogurt

Wild_Yogurt Active Forum's Member

You put your schedule twice no idea why maybe to make it longer?
    Organized the purple hurts my eyes a little but its alright
    Become more active on forums maybe
    its a bit spread out maybe condense it?
    but I like it but until I see change I will keep it at a neutral not opposed or in favor of you being staff

4. MrWild

MrWild Network YouTuber

Hey @PenguinNerd, thank you so much for your feedback and I will those into consideration! I do one reply though.

- Add more detail to questions 5, 6, and 10 as I believe they are lacking slight detail / A: I don't seem to think the same way, honestly. Last time I passed this stage just fine using those answers.

Hey @Wild_Yogurt, thank you for the feedback. I do have some replies to your comments though!

-You put your schedule twice no idea why maybe to make it longer? / A: I didn't really notice that. Last time I did it I did just fine passing this stage, lets hope I get through again. :D

-its a bit spread out maybe condense it? / A: I don't see a problem with it atm. If I get someone else requesting it, I can definitely change it.

5. 9HD

9HD Member

you’re arguing with staff and just players giving you advice and good advice what too do with your app and all you say is my old app seemed to good with that don’t think if you use the same exact app you may not get accepted

6. MrWild

MrWild Network YouTuber

@9HD,

You see, I've actually asked current staff if re-using an old application that I made and changing it a bit was fine. They said yes, it is fine. You may be confused though, and I am here to clarify it.

If someone puts their all into an application they cannot remake it, unless they want to put so much time into rewording a 2000+ word application. I can redo my whole application if you want I guess.

7. 9HD

9HD Member

Let me clarify myself though if you got denied befote correct you should work on making your application even better even if the reasons of getting denied were nothing related to your app making your application better will never hurt but good luck!

8. MrWild

MrWild Network YouTuber

I got denied last time because I didn't do well in my interview.

9. Razvygames27

Razvygames27 Member

5-6 hours on a school day does not seem plausible especially when you are going to start high school after this summer. Also, when MrWild said you are arguing with players that give you suggestions, you just argue back. If you don't think someone's suggestions are good, ignore it, you don't have to change just because other people want you to change.

10. Tank

Tank Media Manager, Admin, Staff Application Critic
    Administrator

DENIED - Hello there!

Your application has been intensely reviewed by the management team and it has been decided to deny your application, you may reapply in 2 weeks.

Be sure to look at our writing guide, this will help you when writing any application you may choose to create in the future. Also, check out our general requirements.

For these reasons your application has been denied:
    - Immaturity.
    - Cannot accept criticism. Argues/debunks any suggestions.

Please take care to fix this up when creating your next staff application in 2 weeks.

Thanks, Management.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.