Join other players on play.universemc.us

Denied Lophaven's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by Lophaven, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Lophaven

Lophaven Member

1) Simple Information

• Minecraft Username:

Lophaven

• Previous Minecraft Usernames (if applicable):

My name have always been Lophaven

• What's your timezone?:

I am from Denmark so EU

I am 15

• Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone?:

Yes i do and i use Disocrd evey day, and I have a working microphone

• Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?:

Yeah i can record minecraft!

• Do you have a donator rank on any of our game modes?:

I have Eclipse on jupiter and Nobel on Mars (but have some alts with other ranks)

• What is your full discord name? Example: Example#1234:

Loppen9990#0958

2) Elaborate

2) Where are you most active on the Universe Server?:

For example when Jupiter is relaseing I play alot on that and the same with Mars. I only play Faction!

3) How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:

I would say alot Because I play Minecraft alot every day and I am already much online as a normal player.

Monday: 2-5 hours

Tuesday: 2-4 hours

Wednesday: 3-6 hours

Thursday: 3-6 hours

Friday: 4-8 hours

Saturday: 4-12 hours

Sunday: 4-12 hours

sometimes it is more or less! ( I know i don’t have a life)

4) Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details (if applicable):

I got a ban for spamming Bosses, and then some false ban but else not.

5) SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?:

I would tell them that they should stop or I would block the person, or say to the person that done is done and need to take the time they got, and there is nothing i can do about it.

6) Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?:

Can’t really remember any!

7) Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? If not, please explain how you could do as staff even without having any previous experiences. (Minimum 200+ words):

I don’t really have any experience about begging staff, but I know the rules good and I am fast at learning things. In real life I had a job were I talked a lot with people and had to handle some new things each day, and I think I can use this skills on Universemc. I have also played faction for long time so I also know how it works.

But I think I would be a great staff on universe because I am already a well known player in the community and knows about the thinks there is going on, and i would like to help people.

8) If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?:

My hobbies is gaming and spending time together with my friends. My activities is Fitness.

9) SCENARIO: You're on a busy game mode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a junior moderator for a hacker, someone then messages you on discord telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?:

I would tell them that I have many there is texting me so I will take one by one and then choose which case that need to be solved first. Or I would ask them if they have access to record them and then send it to Junior moderator.

10) SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?:

I will check all the proof they have about it and then take a chose .If I am still uncertain I will contact a higher staff, and get there answer. I would better take my time then do something there not is right.

11) Anything else we should know?:

I have some problems with typing English. I am leader of the faction Vanguard. /Lophaven

#1 Lophaven, Feb 10, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    Tank likes this.
  2. Tank

Tank Self-Appointed Staff Application Critic

Hello! @Lophaven

I like the colors, they contrast nicely.
    On top of this, we have been looking for EU staff members, which is a plus.

Although, some suggestions.
    -Grammar needs a check. Multiple occasions I saw misspelt words and uncapitalized pronouns (Like "I").
    -Scenario questions need some more detail. These are the most important responses and could use more substance.
    -I would also like to see a detailed schedule of when you could be on for the server (I understand that this would be stretched depending on variables, trust me I definitely don't follow the schedule I included in my application, but it would show some great insight.)
    -Try to keep slang and acronyms like "bc" and "hmmm" out of the application. Think of it like applying for a job.

Besides that, we could really use a member like you on the team!
    I highly suggest revising your application because I believe you have a great chance to achieve the role.

Good luck!

Lophaven likes this.
  3. Lophaven

Lophaven Member

Thank you for the suggestions. i fixet some of them!

4. ShadeyPvP

ShadeyPvP Former Staff Member

Hey, @Lophaven! I'm glad to see that you took the time to apply for staff on universeMC & because of that I would like to give you some feedback so you can improve your chances of getting staff.

The application lacks detail, add some more especially to the scenarios.
    No past staff experience on Minecraft.
    Does exceed the age requirement.

I hope you will use this feedback in order to improve your chances, Best of luck!

Lophaven likes this.
  5. Lophaven

Lophaven Member

Thanks for the feedback!

6. PenguinNerd

PenguinNerd Nerd/Weeb

Hello, @Lophaven Here are some Suggestions.

Suggestions:
    - Add more overall detail to your application, especially the scenario questions
    - Fix Minor Grammar Mistakes throughout your application
    - Try not to use slang in your application
    - Become more Globally Active (Forums, Discord, All Server Platforms, and Twitter if applicable)

Best of Luck.
    -Penguin

Lophaven likes this.
  7. Lophaven

Lophaven Member

Thank you! i think i alredy removed the slangs but, i also Fixed the Minor Grammar Mistakes. I will try be more online on the servers platforms! Thanks again

#7 Lophaven, Feb 11, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  8. Spoonite

Spoonite Member

Would add feedback but everyone pretty much said everything that needs to be fixed on the application,
    anyways good luck!

Lophaven likes this.
  9. Darknetic

Darknetic Member

I would
    - add more detail to you scenario questions

- Best of Luck

Lophaven likes this.
  10. WeeGuy11

WeeGuy11 Network Helper
    Helper

Hiya, @Lophaven, Please take my feedback into consideration when editing your staff application!

- Add as much overall detail to your application, especially the scenario questions.
    - Fix the minor grammar mistakes throughout the application.
    - Try to not use slang in the application as if you are accepted we want to look professional at all times!
    - Become more globally active, this concludes of, Twitter, Discord, Forums and the Network as a whole.
    - Meets age requirements.
    - No previous staff experience.
    - Please add a detailed schedule of when you can be active on the server.

Best of Luck.

- Wee

Lophaven likes this.
  11. EasilyStrafed

EasilyStrafed Member

Does not meet minimum word requirement

12. Zarinaw

Zarinaw Magical Unicorn <3
    Junior Mod

Hello @Lophaven!

Please consider taking everybody's suggestions stated above in your application.

- Add more detail into your scenario questions (Most important ones on the application)
    - Do not meet minimum words required on Q7
    - Be more globally active on all platforms.

Good luck!
    ~ Zarinaw

13. Dnoxal

Dnoxal Network Staff
    Helper

Suggestions
    Add more Detail
    Be more active
    Fix grammer mistakes

14. RoboticSavage

RoboticSavage Network Senior-Admin
    Management Team Senior Admin

DENIED - Hello there!

Your application has been intensely reviewed by the management team and it has been decided to deny your application; you may reapply in 1 week.

Be sure to look at our writing guide, this will help you when writing your next application https://universemc.us/threads/application-writing-guide.864/ and our general requirements, https://universemc.us/threads/staff-application-requirements.15/

For these reasons your application has been denied:
    - Grammar mistakes (If your first language isn't English there is many grammar sites out there to help correct your work)
    - Lack of dedication, effort and detail.

Please take care to fix this up when creating your next staff application in 1 week.

Thanks.