Join other players on play.universemc.us

Denied Lonnocs Staff Application

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by Lonnoc, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Lonnoc

Lonnoc Member

) Simple Information
    • Minecraft Username:
    My minecraft username is Lonnoc.
    • Previous Minecraft Usernames (if applicable):
    My previous minecraft username is _Renko_.
    • What's your timezone?:
    My timezone is EST.
    • Are you staff on any other servers?:
    No i am not staff on any others servers anymore.
    • Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone? If you have discord, please list your full discord name and tag. Example; Example#1234:
    Yes i do have access to Discord and a working microphone. My discord is Lonnoc#8138.
    • Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?:
    I cant on my computer because my computer is laggy when i record, but i can record on my phone.
    • Do you have a donator rank on any of our game modes?:
    I have Solar on Jupiter, but no rank on Mars or on Neptune.

2) Elaborate
    2) Where are you most active on the Universe Server?:
    I am mostly active on Jupiter but i am starting to play mars now. I am going to play mars and Jupiter for this year now because i feel like i can start helping out new players on both faction dimensions.
    3) How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:
    Sunday: 4-10 Hours

Monday-Friday: 4-7 Hours
    Saturday: 4-12 Hours

4) Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details (if applicable):
    I have not been banned before, but i have been muted. I was muted because i was spamming "Im new i want a faction please". I did this last year i believe it was when i was new to the server.
    5) SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?:
    I would calmly explain in a respectful manner in why he/she was muted and would ask if they are willing to have a mature talk on discord to help better understand why he/she feels like they have been wrongly muted, I would also make sure that they know that if they dislike my staffing methods then they are free to create a ticket explaining the situation at hand, and why they feel like the treatment they are getting in unfair or unjust whilst making sure that the ticket does get reviewed by another staff member, ensuring a better experience for the player(s) involved.
    6) Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?:
    Do not argue if you know deep down that the other person is correct and no reason to argue! I have dealt with it because I have argued with friends about things that I knew were right and just wanted it to have it my way so I learned to be more respectful and not everything is evolving around me! another lesson is patience is key. I have been really impatience but tonight I have learned it. and I deal with it but wait. I need to give people time because some people need it and I try to rush them. what I did to learn was my mom slowed things down around the house I was rushing her to make dinner because she was making a big meal for Christmas and she kept telling me to be patient so that's when I learned.
    7) Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? If not, please explain how you could do as staff even without having any previous experiences. (Minimum 200+ words):

Well on Server 1 my main job was to help train new staff members on a factions server, I was the main core to that server promoting staff wise and doing punishments to staff members that have broken the rules in the staff policy. My main role on that server was Head-Admin. For Server 2 my main job was to watch over chat to make sure no one was breaking the rules and record / write down ever punishment I did on that user so that I knew what each punishment was given to that user and what next punishment was needed for that user. I helped the lower staff members whenever it come to last input making. On this server I only made it to Mod. On server 3 I was mainly helping answer questions on chat, I only made it to Helper on this server because I didn't like how things were running and thought that everything was half assed and the owner let the staff members do as they wished and didn't really discipline the staff members if they broke a rule within there own staff guidelines. On Serer 4 it was a Skyblock server, my job on there was to make sure everything for the players went smoothly and help out the players with all I could, The highest rank I got on there was Sr.Mod (Officer), I was able to help with staff promotions / demotions however I also helped make the rules,staff policy and also staff rules. On Server 5 I made to Admin however got demoted to Mod after debating to the Owner about another Admin not doing there part, I recently got fired from that server for also "punishing to many users". I followed the staff guidelines the Admin left whenever they resigned and was punished for no reason. I didn't want to give out the server names because I know some staff applications require to not have them. If you would like to know more information about these servers you can dm me whenever!
    8) If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?:
    I work a full time job at a restaurant called Bucks, I sometimes work over time and it may cause me to not always follow threw to my plans were I put my time stand down.
    9) SCENARIO: You're on a busy game mode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a junior moderator for a hacker, someone then messages you on discord telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?:

I would first ask the players politely and calmly not to spam me, then begin to ask, What realm is the hacker on?, What hacks are being used, Do you have any evidence such as a video to prove this player is hacking? Once those questions have been answered I would swiftly contact a Moderator and relay all the information to them so they may handle the situation from there. I would next warn the player blasting music or either mute them or move them to a different channel so they may not cause any more problems. Of course I would then continue with my duties and wait for further instruction.
    10) SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?:
    I would first explain to the 4 players why the person was punished and then tell them to not spam me. I would then check if I had made a false punishment with higher staff/administration and if I had made a incorrect punishment then I would kindly apologize to the player and continue with my duties.
    11) Anything else we should know?:

I am very familiar with different hack clients such as Worst Client, Liquidbounce, Jigsaw, Vaplite, Wolfram Client, Impact Client, etc. I can also thoroughly tell the difference between hacks and player lag. I can also report and record hacking evidence correctly in viewable quality. All evidence will be posted on my YouTube channel. I am always willing to help players in need, and I will always take jobs to help people in need even when I'm not asked to. Being able to help people is very important to me, and I will take any chance I can get to do that. On UniverseMC, I would love to be able to be a helper and help players have a fun and enjoyable time playing on UniverseMC, because I sure do when I play on the server. I very much hope this application is accepted as I would love the chance to be on the UniverseMC staff team again. To all who read this feel free to give me your constructive criticism and I may improve on my application. If I am accepted then I will work as hard as possible to fulfill my duties as a Helper, but if I'm denied then I will just work even harder to make the best possible application. Thank you for taking the time to review this application. I hope you have a wonderful day and hope to see you all on the network.

#1 Lonnoc, Apr 22, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
  2. PenguinNerd

PenguinNerd Sr. Staff / Weeb / Nerd
    Senior Mod

Hello, @Lonnoc Here are some Suggestions.

Suggestions:
    - Change the Color Scheme to two lighter corresponding colors, as the dark red is hard to read
    - Bold the questions, so they stand out a bit more
    - Add more detail to the scenario questions
    - Become more Globally Active (Forums, Discord, All Server Platforms, and Twitter if applicable)

Best of Luck.
    -Penguin

3. SourPatchSkidz

I completely agree

4. Dorito_

Dorito_ Junior Mod
    Junior Mod

Hey @Lonnoc, here are some suggestions for your application:

» Change the colors around. You probably shouldn't have your questions white and have your answers a more vibrant and bright color

» Un-bold your answers. (If you want to, you can bold your questions)

» Add more detail on the scenario questions

» Space out your answers from the questions

» Fix some grammatical errors

» Become more active on Mars and Jupiter as it is required to be active on all servers

Best of luck on your application!
    - Dorito

5. RoboticSavage

RoboticSavage Member

DENIED - Hello there!

Your application has been intensely reviewed by the management team and it has been decided to deny your application; you may reapply in 1 week.

Be sure to look at our writing guide, this will help you when writing your next application https://universemc.us/threads/application-writing-guide.864/ and our general requirements, https://universemc.us/threads/staff-application-requirements.15/

For these reasons your application has been denied:
    - Plagiarised from PenguinNerd's App.

Please take care to fix this up when creating your next staff application in 1 week.

Thanks.