Join other players on play.universemc.us

Denied ksklboys Application (2)

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by ksklboys2, Oct 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ksklboys2

ksklboys2 Network Helper
    Helper

Ksklboys' Application (#2)

I was previously denied due to lack of format and organization.

(1) Minecraft Username:
    ksklboys

(2) Previous Minecraft Usernames (if applicable):
    none
    (
    https://namemc.com/profile/ksklboys.1)

(3) What's your timezone?
    (GMT-5)

(4) Age:
    I'm 15 years old.

(5) Are you staff on any other servers?:
    None anymore.

(6) Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone? If you have discord, please list your full discord name and tag. Example; Example#1234:
    Yes I have both discord and a working mic. (ksklboys#8037)

(7) Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?:

Yes, but I think I'm getting a new pc soon so I'll probably change systems.

(8) Do you have a donator rank on any of our game modes?:
    Yes, I play mainly on Jupiter and I have galactic rank.

--- Elaborate ---

(1) Where are you most active on the Universe Server?:
    I play mainly on the Jupiter Dimension.

(2) How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:
    Monday: 4:30-7 pm (Practice usually at 7)
    Tuesday: 7-9:30 pm (practice at 5 pm)
    Wednesday: 6:30-9:00 pm (practice at 4 pm)
    Thursday: 4:00-6:30 pm (practice at 7)
    Friday: 6:00-12:00 (practice at 4 pm)
    Saturday: 12:00-5:00 pm
    Sunday: 12-5:00 pm
    ( I have a set practice schedule on most days but some may differ every week )

(3) Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details (if applicable):
    I was falsely banned for ban evasion about 2 years ago. (I was banned whilst playing on the server while my brother was banned for spam/spam promotion) I'm not quite sure if this really counts though.

(4) SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?:
    I wouldn't unmute the player until their punishment was over, unless told by a higher ranking staff member. I would also report this behavior to a higher ranking staff. I would tell the player to drop the subject until the staff member could help me deal with the problem, but If they couldn't, I'd just leave the discussion as it is.

(5) Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?
    In biology, I had a unit test that I was advised to study for, but I didn't do all the required work and I didn't do well on the test/unit. I dealt with my mistake by not doing it again and always staying on track during class and homework. I learned not to get distracted when I should be prioritizing the things that mattered the most in the class. I also learned how to manage my time better, not just in that class, but in school in general which helped quite a lot.

(6) Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? If not, please explain how you could do as staff even without having any previous experiences. (Minimum 200+ words):

I've moderated on about 2 or 3 servers, none of them being nearly as popular as Universe. I learned a lot about judgment, whether it was to pick the right side or to judge whether the punishment I gave was just or not. During my time moderating those servers I've learned what it is to be a staff member and how pivotal it is to help the server become a fun place for the players. Since none of the servers were quite as popular as Universe, I'm hoping I'll be able to do all of those things, even with a significantly larger player base. I still think I could be a helpful staff member because of my judgment since I know right from wrong. I know how to deal with the players' problems whenever they need it. With my amount of experience, I could definitely make the players feel more welcome and open to ask for help whenever needed on the server. In my time both playing and moderating servers, I've had many encounters with rulebreakers/hackers, and I know how to tell If it is hacks or not. On top of that, I know the general punishments for the rulebreaking from experience, both from this server and others. Since I've played on the server for almost four years, I've had a lot of time to familiarize myself with the server rules and guidelines posted on the forums.
    Another experience of leadership I've had was on a server where I had a manager/operator role. I gained experience in reading and judging applications for the server's staff team. Although it might not apply to the helper role, I thought it would just be another good thing to add in, experience-wise.
    One of the servers I moderated on was called CometPvP. It was a small faction server with around 300 players. I learned mainly how to deal with rulebreakers in chat (profanity, player disrespect, racism, etc.) since not many people would hack. However, I do know how hacking works and I know how to deal with it and what exactly hacking looks like.

(7) If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?:
    I play tennis on a team and I'm on a swim club. I also enjoy mountain biking. I've played tennis for almost 2 years, I've swum for almost 8 years and I just recently started mountain biking almost a year ago.

(8) SCENARIO: You're on a busy game mode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a junior moderator for a hacker, someone then messages you on discord telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?:
    I'll listen to every one of the problems/complaints and put them in a set order based on the importance/urgency. Generally, I think it's vital to have all points of view when coming to a decision about anything, especially something that could change a player's perspective on the server/server's staff team. I'll quickly, yet efficiently get through every problem one by one until all of the players are satisfied. However, If I can't handle all of it alone, I will contact another staff member for assistance on discord, and hopefully, we would work together to solve all of the players' problems.

The Order that I would put them in would be
    1. The hacker since that should always be dealt with immediately
    2. The players that are asking questions since it would be easy to quickly help them
    3. The music blasting in the discord since the player could just leave the channel until I deal with it.

(10) SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?:
    If I knew the incorrect punishment was actually incorrect, I would simply apologize for the inconvenience and pardon them of that punishment and tell the players to drop the subject. For the players who were spamming me, I would warn them (not /warn) by telling them that if they don't stop I'd most likely warn them or even give them a short mute depending on the amount of spam I received from them. If I didn't know if the punishment was just or not, I would contact any staff member who would know that and, based on what they told me I would make my decision either to pardon or not pardon the player.

(11) Anything else we should know?:
    One last thing I'd like to add is that I feel I generally have a good reputation on the server, meaning I'm not too toxic, immature or unfit for the role. I don't tend to hacksuate or get into arguments with other players on the server. I also just wanted to add that in my 4 years playing on the server, I've had a lot of time to familiarize myself with the server rules and guidelines. As soon as I started playing on the server, I started seeing many occurrences where players have been punished for breaking the rules, which helped me learn most of the basic rules in my first couple of years on UniverseMc. On top of that, during some of my recent years playing Minecraft, I've made time to moderate other servers, learning how to judge punishments and help out on those servers. I believe that what I learned on those servers could apply to Universe, if I were to be accepted to the staff team. On top of this, I've had conversations with some of the server's staff members about applying on the server, and clarifying anything that I was confused/concerned about in regards to my application.

Since this is my second application, I put a lot more detail into it
    and also added a lot better formatting and color, based on the feedback I recieved from other members and staff members.
    Thank you for reading my application!

#1 ksklboys2, Oct 12, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  2. T0PB0Y

T0PB0Y Network Helper
    Helper

Hey ksklboys2
    Grammar - only a few grammatical errors. But you also had the typo 'soemthing', this tells me that you probably didn't look back over your application once you finished it. This further leads me to think that you don't really care about the application. I'd recommend you look back over your application and fix any typos or grammar mistakes.

Detail - not that bad. But you spaced out your questions quite a bit, I know that a lot of people try to do this in order to make it seem like they wrote a lot more than they actually did. Which I'm not saying you have, because if you were to bring your questions closer together you would still have a decent amount of detail.

Design - not too bad but I'd suggest you try sticking to only two colors. This makes the application seem more professional. But all the less, your application is readable and you shouldn't be held back due to the design of it.

Overall, if you apply my advice you should have a good run.
    Best of luck!

3. ksklboys2

ksklboys2 Network Helper
    Helper

Thanks for the feedback! I'll keep it in mind for revisions.

4. droppedexe

droppedexe Non-staff Staff Critic

I actually highly disagree, coloring the application, and the way that it is colored makes it look more visually appealing, and it is easy to read. I don't think there is a problem with spacing out paragraphs as it just makes the page bigger itself, it doesn't make it look like there is more words, it just makes it look neat. +1 From me.

5. Archie

Archie Ex- Nooberator

Agreed with top two points except the Design as I really like the way it looks just improve on your activity and you have a good chance!

Best of luck!

6. vanden

vanden Member

I really like the color scheme, you definitely improved on organization. There are a couple grammatical errors but over all, I think it looks great! Good luck! - vanden

ksklboys2 likes this.
  7. ksklboys2

ksklboys2 Network Helper
    Helper

Thanks!

8. ksklboys2

ksklboys2 Network Helper
    Helper

Thank you!

9. Triqes

Triqes Censorship
    Junior Mod

The color scheme is great but maybe if you could tone it down one shade I think it would look a lot better

10. ksklboys2

ksklboys2 Network Helper
    Helper

Alright, thanks for the help!

11. ksklboys2

ksklboys2 Network Helper
    Helper

-Thanks for the feedback!

12. dtplayer

dtplayer Network Moderator

Not sure if it’s a typo but your questions seem to differ from bold to normal. Otherwise I really enjoy readying your application.
    Wish you the best of luck!!

-dtplayer

13. ksklboys2

ksklboys2 Network Helper
    Helper

Thanks!

14. Tank

Tank Staff Application Critic

Denied - Hello!

After long consideration, your application has been denied for the following reasons:

Denied due to:
    -Recent toxicity/Infraction found through chat logs (http://prntscr.com/pkejym)
    -Minor grammatical errors
    -Minor formatting errors (conflicting color schemes, such as with question 3, and some prompt errors, such as the example in prompt 6.)

Note: Overall your application is pretty good; normally I would not nitpick these minor errors, however, your in-game behavior very much held-back your acception chance. I highly suggest reviewing our global rules located here.

(You may reapply in one week)

-Tank

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.