Join other players on play.universemc.us

Denied Kiira Application - xoxo

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by Kiira, Oct 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kiira

Kiira Member

Listen, I know I have been toxic and everyone else knows too, so anyone sharing anything would be pointless as I clearly shared it with UNI public Discord and many private channels. In my own fucked up way this was me giving constructive criticism, and I am big enough to admit that it was a bit childish. I have stopped and hope I can rejoin the team and share my opinions in a more mature and efficient way.
    ________________________________________________________________________________

• Minecraft Username:

_Kiira
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    • Previous Minecraft Usernames (if applicable):

ProfessorKush
    Paradox__

______________________________________________________________________________________
    • What's your timezone?:

PST (Pacific Standard Time)

I am currently 18
    • Are you staff on any other servers?:

Nope, cleared that up in hopes for staff on here :) .
    • Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone? If you have discord, please list your full discord name and tag. Example; Example#1234:

I do have a working mic and have access to Discord, my tag is: Kiira#6969
    • Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?:

Yes, I am able to record.
    • Do you have a donator rank on any of our game modes?:

Yes I have Nebula on Jupiter
    Celestial on Venus
    and
    Noble on Mars

2) Elaborate

I am most active on Venus but as I am a social butterlfy, Im on every other expansion.
    3) How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:

I pretty much work on my computer during school, home, and my job. I can contribute a minimum of 5 hours a day, but I usually can put around 8h a day.
    4) Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details (if applicable):

Banned On UNI: So I was a Moderator on Universe MC before. Personally, I like to think I was popular and loved, I hope the OG’s can vouch for me on that one. One day I caught (on video that I may still have) another moderator abusing his permissions to raid a base. I contacted the head of staff at the time, who if I remember correctly was Seth, and he just verbally warned the mod. I have seen staff demoted for less so I was angry that there was no further action taken and I regrettably got to dedicated to punishing the mod and was demoted/banned for my outbursts. That was two years ago.

Aside from that, I would say I have only been banned for advertising which I did when I was way younger and was for my garbage servers I have made in the past.
    5) SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?:

Being a well-known player is irrelevant, at the end of the day if he quits or stays due to his punishment I still have a job to do. I am assuming I muted him for a just reason in this scenario. First I would state that he already broke one rule, and mute bypass and harassment is against the rules and I will be forced to further his punishment if he persists. I will not need any staff getting involved because this is a simple rule being broken and I know how to handle this.
    6) Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?:

I made a big mistake recently which I paid dearly for. I was on a server applying for staff and I worked hard to get to the interview stage, but I got involved in some drama. I took two well-known players of the server and as one was my friend, I tried to solve an issue myself. The staff of the server got involved and was disappointed that I tried to solve this alone when I should have reported to the staff. I could have avoided unwanted attention and the issue could have been solved instead of giving the person more of a reason to hate me and the friend, I learned a lot from this and I hope I can show that here.
    7) Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? If not, please explain how you could do as staff even without having any previous experiences. (Minimum 200+ words):

I Major in Software development / Cyber Security.
    My skill sets are expending daily as I tinker with everything I can. Currently, I am exceptionally experienced in the following.

- System Administrator:
    I run my Game Server Host company on Ubuntu 18 OS and have in the past used Windows Server 2016 and have come to be a professional and both and can manage any type of service on them with ease.

- Management / Support:
    As stated many times I own and run a game server hosting company and manage it all on my own, other than my three support agents. I am head of the support team and answer 33% of all medium priority tickets and 90% of high priority tickets.

- Minecraft Administrator Experience:
    Again as stated above, I run and own a game server hosting company and I host many Minecraft servers. Almost daily do I receive questions on development and other subjects that server owners who are experienced have, these are not your simple “I have an error with my config” issues, these are real issues decently popular Minecraft server owners have.

Staff Experience:
    I have been staff on many servers, and here is the list.

BRUH Servers: three years ago, I owned a Rust server that had 300 players average (have proof) and lasted a year, the server was immensely popular financially and player base wise, as it was in the top 5 for most popular Rust server. The server eventually died as I was not the best at Cyber Security and I was a target of DDOS, this kept taking down the server and I eventually lost all trust from my players and they did not want to put the time in a server that was gonna go down from a DDOS attack. This killed me, but now I am prepared for an attack such as this.

Universe MC: I was a moderator on this server and in my opinion, was very popular and had a lot of fun, I got too invested in fixing a corrupt staff member two years ago and lost this position, but today I have learned a lot of how to react to a situation such as this.

Rusty: This is a Rust server that has around 10 servers today and they dominate the server list as the biggest modded servers. When they first started I was hired as a system administrator and had console access which I used to develop the server further. Eventually, the servers grew very popular as can be seen today and I was swamped with work for very unfair pay, so I decided to step down as it was not worth it.

Venom AKA VerixPvP: I was staff on Venom for two days until it was sold to VerixPvP. The new owners which are the owners of VerixPvP fired staff that has been part of Venom for 6+ years while they took me a new helper, so I decided to leave as I don't want to be apart of a community that does not value the hard work of their staff. I left on good terms though.
    8) If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?:

As stated before, I major in Software development and Cyber Security, basically, I am a nerd who needs to leave the house, these are my hobbies.

UNI Addict

Server management/hosting

Game Development (Using Unreal Engine 4)

Tinkering with lethal software such as RAT’s (Remote Administration Tools), Rootkits, Keyloggers, etc. I love to mess with them and see how they work and their vulnerabilities, because even viruses have them.

I am advanced in the following coding languages:
    - C++
    - Unreal Engine’s edit of C++
    - C
    - CSharp
    - Java
    - and JavaScript
    (Learning Python/Swift)

9) SCENARIO: You're on a busy game mode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a junior moderator for a hacker, someone then messages you on discord telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?:

Firstly I would contact staff to see if anyone else can join in since as the scenario states “You're on a busy game mode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up” so I think it's safe to assume this work is beyond one staff.
    I would try and record the hacker they speak of and use it as evidence to ban if it is obvious. If it is not obvious but I do believe he is fishy, I or an available staff will screen share (After I handle the other issues) the player and try to build a better case, which I believe I am capable of as I have a lot of experience in this field. If the player is not within reach of me, I will call a higher staff as helpers cannot force TP. After I will quickly take care of the user blasting music in chat and see if he is breaking any rules, if he uses a bot, plays music that is against the rules, or does anything else that is against the rules I will handle it accordingly. Lastly sine that will be a fast fix, I will continue to help the players in chat, all with a smile.

10) SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and 4 players are arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?:

Once I can assure myself that I have made a mistake, I will correct my error, apologize, and post in making the staff team aware of my errors since it happens to everyone and I hope I learn from this mistake. You can't let things get you down, you have to adapt and react.
    11) Anything else we should know?:

Been here since season 1 (when server opened)

I believe I can help continue to make UNI and fun and welcomed community and hope the staff team accepts me, if not I'm a big boy, I can handle it. Thanks and game on.

As I see staff is looking for AU/EU applicants to help fill the dead hours of US staff, I wanted to share that I believe I am still an optimal choice as I can and already am on the hours that current staff fill.

________________________________________________________________________________
    Wanted to add, as I said I know Java, so I wanted to learn Spigot so I can use Java to make plugins. I hope maybe one day I can make plugins for the server.

#1 Kiira, Oct 6, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
  2. 9HD

9HD Member

+1 was a great staff member before

Kiira likes this.
  3. T0PB0Y

T0PB0Y Network Helper
    Helper

Hey Kiira
    Grammar - well done. You only misspelled the word 'everyone' in the opening paragraph, but I'm certain that it was just a little typo.

Detail - there could always be more, but it is one of the most descriptive out of the recent applications.

Design - I'd recommend trying to make your questions stand out more than or answers, or vice versa. Because although it does look nice, it was a bit hard to read in my opinion.

Overall, best of luck! +1

Kiira likes this.
  4. droppedexe

droppedexe Non-staff Staff Critic

Toxicity levels have for sure went down, was an AMAZING staff member before, although you had some troubles after talking to you in a discord call you seem prepared to be staff and prepared if anything like that were to happen again, you are the type of staff members we need, one who does there job and does it the right way.)

Best of luck-
    drop

Kiira likes this.
  5. TechnoPat

TechnoPat [Resigned] (I<3Snooker)

Just elaborate on how you've improved on your toxicity/immaturity (ex. I have chilled out and took a bit of break). Besides that, best of luck.

6. Veyyn

Veyyn Member

+1 I didn't have the opportunity to work with you and I hope you can come back to the team, good luck <3.

7. Zoxide

Zoxide Member

Massive +1
    This person is very chill and relaxed, they’ve proven to have changed and no longer seems toxic, was an amazing ex-staff member and no doubt will be an amazing staff member if accepted again!

8. Kiira

Kiira Member

Thank you all. Means a lot :)

9. Archie

Archie Ex- Nooberator

Hey Kiira! I really like your application and believe you would make a great impact on us.

Just remember to keep those toxicity levels down.

10. GetTheShotgun

GetTheShotgun Best Staff Member!
    Trial Administrator

Hey Kiira,

I see that you have lots of experience but, I also see that you have a lot on your plate. You run your own hosting service, and I'm wondering how do you have time to moderate that and be staff on Universemc?

Your first impression wasn't the best either, it's good that you own up to your past but, starting with it isn't the best idea. also, a few words are a bit colorful, to say the least.
    I liked your application as you do have lots of experience.

GetTheShotgun

8au likes this.
  11. B1ackmailed

B1ackmailed Junior Mod
    Junior Mod

Hello Kiira! I have thoroughly read over your application and have found close to no grammar mistakes and tones of detail presenting yourself to being dedicated and professional. I believe you have changed and your toxicity level have drastically gone down and I trust regardless of you are accepted or denied to continue with that improving not only your chances for further applications but improving yourself to become a more positive person overall. I do personally remember you being a staff member and can vouch that you were a great one none the less but, hope you will think before you act in the future if such and incident such as staff abusing etc... So going off this I will +1 this application. Good luck!

12. Kiira

Kiira Member

As stated, most of my side "hustles" are self run on the public side as I have paid staff to handle that. I only do background work which is not much as in a game server hosting company all I need to do is pay bills, make sure servers are healthy, and check client files for illegal activity.

I appreciate yours and everyones feedback and support, thank you! :D

13. droppedexe

droppedexe Non-staff Staff Critic

Don't listen to GetTheShotGun, he is not the brightest fellow.

14. Kiira

Kiira Member

Will be gone for 2 days (Holiday)
    BACK ^ IGNORE THAT

#14 Kiira, Oct 14, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  15. 8au

8au Trial Administrator
    Trial Administrator

Another good application from you Kira....

I only worry about the previous encounters we have had from you, in the staff team, and ingame/on discord.

i personally have not seen you much since your last application, so i cannot say if you have inproved with your maturity/toxicity.

But if you have, and you filter those thoughts out, +1.

good luck with your application.

Kiira likes this.
  16. Tank

Tank Staff Application Critic

Interview - Hello!

After long consideration, your application has been put forward into the interview stage.

Please DM me on Discord at @LJ#9206 to schedule your interview. Please remember, this is your responsibility!

-Tank

17. Zoxide

Zoxide Member

GG on interview

18. NoHub

NoHub Junior Mod
    Junior Mod

Good luck!

Kindest Regards,

- NoHub

19. Tank

Tank Staff Application Critic

Denied - Hello!

After long consideration, your application has been denied for the following reasons:

Denied due to:
    -Some minor immaturity/professionalism in your application (such as "fucked" and emojis)
    -The administrative team reached a census of understanding that your toxicity, past and sometimes present, isn't compatible with our current team.

Note: I suggest becoming more well known, and acting more friendly to more people in-game. This is what most administrators judge applicants off of; how often they're active and what they're doing/saying.

(You may reapply in one week)

-Tank

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.