Join other players on play.universemc.us

Denied KeepDDosingMe Staff Application

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by 9HD, Jun 4, 2019.

1. 9HD

9HD Member

1) Simple Information

• Minecraft Username:

KeepDdosingMe

• Previous Minecraft Usernames (if applicable):

9HD/eGoldDigger

• What's your timezone?:

PST

• Are your staff on any other servers?:

Not at the moment

• Do you have access to a Discord and a working microphone? if you have discord, please list your full discord name and tag. Example; Example#1234:

I have a working microphone and my discord is Thrillers#6308

• Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?:

Yes in 1080p 100+ fps

• Do you have a donator rank on any of our game modes?:

I have Void rank

2) Elaborate

2) Where are you most active on the Universe Server?:

Factions

3) How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:

Monday 9am-11pm
    Tuesday 9pm-11pm
    Wednesday 9am-11pm
    Thursday 9am-11pm
    Friday 9am-2am
    Saturday 8am-2am
    Sunday 9am-12pm

4) Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details (if applicable):

CosmicPVP (2 times) Twice I was testing there anti-cheat not by hacking but just by pvp and 1 of the times I was just clicking 1 cps in duels seeing if it would ban me and did got unbanned since it was false other time I forgot but it wasn't hacking related.

UniverseMC(A lot) So with Universe it been a bumpy road I used to be toxic and I used to hate the old management so I got banned from Discord before. I have gotten blacklisted for making a joke which was later pruned because it wasn't a fair ban or fair blacklist. I've gotten banned for hacking which I got unbanned right away for since it was false by a mile. I've also gotten banned for finding a client in SS but I showed them that it was just a harmless mod so I got unbanned.
    Also for being toxic to Uni, it has completely stopped since then.

5) SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?:

If it was my first week as a helper and I muted a well-known player I would be making sure they stop and chill out. I would then tell the person in need of the reason they're muted. If they wanted to get unmuted I would tell them that they need to make a ban appeal because no matter how known you're you still get the same punishment

6) Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?:

One mistake in the last year was I was very immature and very toxic if you remember me since season 1 or even like season 4 and up you knew I was very toxic and rude and always took things too. I went out of gaming for about half a year because it made me pretty depressed and also everyone hated me and I didn't get why at the time. Just taking that break gave me the chance to be able to experience the real world and know why everyone hated me. I understand now I was so toxic that it made me look like a complete fool.

Also, I've been doing community service for no reason like picking up trash and other things. I have been helping our neighbors with anything they need just being helpful if someone needs a babysitter or dog watcher.

7) Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? If not, please explain how you could do as staff even without having any previous experiences. (Minimum 200+ words):

(Cosmic) I almost got staff on Cosmic but then I quit and just when quiet and got denied.

(OrbisPractice)
    I was Admin on Orbis I learned a lot like learning how to screen share and how to communicate with the other staff and just work truly on staffing and got knowledge.
    (JustMines) Helper
    I was a Helper/Jr. Mod on Justmines I was under an admins wing when I was staff and he advised always what I should and shouldn’t say so I never could mess up and he told some cool tricks on being staff.

(Ultra Network) Junior Mod
    On Ultra Network it was an eh time I didn’t learn much also this isn’t the practice server.

(EmberMC) Sr.Admin
    One of the first factions servers I played on, I didn’t know much until I got mod and I learned the basics of being staff and learned a lot about factions and then when I was admin I was like in charge of everyone and learned a ton of management skills and with Sr Admin I controlled everything that was happening helping him with major decisions and I was like a staff manager at the same time.

SagePvP(Helper)
    I learned the most on this server about anything about screen sharing finding hackers or anything pvp related.

(Leadership)

I work very hard with everything I do that is important I will give it my all. This is no exception. Should I be accepted, I would put countless hours in. I would do every task I was given before I logged off and tried my best to exceed the expectations. I am a very tough critic of myself, which I see as a good thing. When I feel I could have done something better, I will either fix it extensively or restart the said task. I show respect to players no matter what is happening at the time. I show respect even if I don't have to because if I'm in a "fight" with someone, and I respect them they will either learn that I don't wanna continue the fight and I wanna be friends with them or, I wanna resolve the issue at hand and leave any 'beef' behind us. I also like to become friends with everyone I meet so I have no one who wants me gone. I will show even the rudest people respect. I try to find things I have in common with the person I'm talking to so we have a topic we both can talk about, and I like to find out their traits and what they find rude or disrespectful, and I try to stay within their guidelines. I am very helpful as a person and can be VERY kind. If someone gets upset I will rush to try to make them feel better and figure out why they are sad/mad a lot of people already know this because I help out whenever someone is mad or sad or even crying. If a User is being bullied, I will try to defend them, but at the same time be respectful to both players no matter how rude they are being. I have purchased players items over buy-craft if they haven't received them. I also have gone on discord and gone up to players, figured out their issue and then, tried to resolve their issues. I have learned all of this from being staff on servers. I show respect to players no matter what is happening at the time. I show respect even if I don't have to because if I'm in a "fight" with someone, and I respect them they will either learn that I don't wanna continue the fight and I wanna be friends with them or, I wanna resolve the issue at hand and leave any 'beef' behind us. I also like to become friends with everyone I meet so I have no one who wants me gone. I will show even the rudest people respect. I try to find things I have in common with the person I'm talking to so we have a topic we both can talk about, and I like to find out their traits and what they find rude or disrespectful, and I try to stay within their guidelines.

8) If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?:

So the hobbies or activities I'm involved in outside of Minecraft are I play football, swimming, and other video games. I've been playing football for a long time now at least 3 years now I play wide receiver.I've been swimming competitively for at least 5 years and have won many competitions. Recently I have quit all sports though for medical reasons may or may not to sports soon. I also play games like CSGO or any other FPS games and just online board games with some friends sometimes.

9) SCENARIO: You're on a busy game mode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a junior moderator for a hacker, someone then messages you on discord telling you that there is someone blasting music on their channel. What do you do?:

First I messed both players I'm getting higher staff right now, I then go on to an admin or a mod that has screen-sharing permissions. Also if that choice wasn’t available I would tp to the player in need and start recording him hacking then upload and send it for proof. Then I'd go in the discord call and see if the guy is blasting music if he is I will mute him.

10) SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and 4 players are arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?:

So if I made an incorrect punishment I would quickly get the player to calm down and get an admin to get rid of their punishment and make sure it gets pruned and then tell them to stop spamming and arguing.

11)Why do you want this rank?

I want this rank because I will love to be able to help the server out I know a lot of people say this but most people can't do this and I have the experience and I have never gotten demoted on a server before. The players on the server loved me and I loved the players and my fellow staff members. I love this server for so many reasons. One of them is the community this community may be toxic sometimes but most of this community is so kind. If I am on factions there are so many nice people donating stuff even if they're not to rich. There is always support in asking questions on Factions on the Kit map. I will make a great help to the server and I will do my best to keep doing well. I want to make this awesome server a better and cleaner place without any spam, caps, hackers, glitches, etc. I want to be part of this awesome community not only as a member but as a person that is helpful and will change the server. It will be an honor to be a staff member because I will be able to interact One way personally I think I can benefit the server is with my staff experience. I have been staff for a long time on other servers and I think that can help me on this server. If something goes wrong I won't just stand there I will do something or contact higher staff. Some staff tends to not do anything. On [[the other hand I will choose my activeness. I am a straightforward person who truly enjoys helping people. I'm not doing this for any kind of power or attention. I simply would like to help others on the server I love. I am a very experienced player who would love to pass some of it on to other players. I can be on the forums 24/7.

I believe I could be a great overall help and would not let you guys down I will be able to watch over chat and monitor players and make sure they are not breaking the rules, if a player is breaking the rules and refuses to stop, I will make sure I execute the correct punishment for the player and not overdo it. I am not the type to overdo punishments and punish an innocent player for no reason. I understand that bans are taken seriously on and banning a player is the absolute last card you want to pull. If a player is breaking the rules and/or refusing to stop doing something and I am not quite sure of how to punish the player, I will make sure to consult a higher ranking staff member for advice on what to do or let them handle the situation

I believe that I would be able to help bring the community together as a staff member, whether I am inviting new people to play or just getting along with everyone on the server as a whole, I have known and been friends with a lot of the players on for a long time now and I would like to say that I'm pretty known on the server. Some people dislike me, some people like me, I know every single one of the staff members on and get along with all of them well. Some of the staff members I talk too daily, some of them I don't talk too much, along with the players. I get along with most players on the server. I like to get on the server and joke around and have fun and talk to everyone, regardless if we're playing another game.

I love this server and like to get on every day and talk to everyone and play the server, it has always been and will remain my favorite server. I would like to take the time out of my day to get on and help out the higher staff members that are doing important things and also help out the current helpers and moderators to monitor the chat and make sure that no players are breaking any rules and doing anything that they shouldn't be doing. I am a pretty friendly person and I like to joke around and lot and be sarcastic, I have a pretty big sense of humor and I'm not one to take offense to any jokes.

12) How do you think you can assist the server?

I think I could assist the server in many ways. I would clear that from anything that isn't allowed like spam, caps, hackusating, cuss words, etc. I will always be online to see what is going on and see if anything is wrong. I will help players that are new to the server if they have any problems. If someone wants to report someone I will tell them where to go instead of them spamming in chat " Someone is hacking! Please staff tpa" If they want to apply for the staff I will tell them where to go and what to do. If another staff member requires help for something on the server I will be sure to help him/her in any way possible. If the server needs some new builds I will gladly work on some. If something goes wrong on the server I will contact a higher staff member so they could see what to do. If you were to choose me over other applicants I think it should be because of my activeness. I am active all the time on the server which is a really good thing. Early in the morning staff aren't on so they don's see what happens. Meanwhile, I am there seeing what is happening and I can't do anything about it. A lot of people seem to spam and curse while the staff isn't on. Some people tend to glitch to hack while the staff isn't online. Making newbies feel more welcomed. Making them feel special. and give them the info and I will make sure they follow the rules and I will be able to moderate the server while the other staff are offline with my special time zone and I am a person who can be given tasks also i am always loyal and l am willing to take any suggestions for my action's to improve myself, I feel that I have had enough experience as a staff member to further progress on and I think me being a helper will be very beneficial to the server because I believe I have the capability to make the server better also I am a very patient person, If there are people online messaging me like usual or if someone needs help, I'll carefully take my time to answer each and every person and I will do my hardest to answer them all.

13) Anything else we should know?:

Thank you for reading this application give me feedback.

#1 9HD, Jun 4, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
  2. Cloro

Cloro Fourmer Staff

in the section 7 is messy and hard to read try using a format of [Server Name] Rank - Demoted/resigned

3. Cloro

Cloro Fourmer Staff

Section 9) never message higher staff unless you can’t handle the work as it’s beyond your rank. You can handle that as a helper.

4. Cloro

Cloro Fourmer Staff

Section 3) the -+- design makes you look unprofessional and disorganized I recommend to use a format like this
    Day - Hours

5. 9HD

9HD Member

Fixed that made it clearer

Fixed the schedule
    I made it better thanks.

Thank you for the comments and ideas much appreciated

6. usernamejoshua

usernamejoshua Hondruna the OG

I vouch for him! Great person willing to help.

7. 9HD

9HD Member

Thank you so much.

8. xScottyy

xScottyy Member

I like the detail and the color you put into this, I wish you the best of luck!

9. 9HD

9HD Member

Thank you!

10. PenguinNerd

PenguinNerd Fluffy Penguin <3

Hello, @9HD Here are some Suggestions.

- Become less immature/toxic as I've seen slight immaturity and toxicity coming from you on the UniverseMC platforms

- Become more Globally Active (Forums, Discord, All Server Platforms, and Twitter if applicable)

Otherwise a fairly good application, seems to be well organized, a proffessional looking color scheme, sufficient amount of detail, etc.

Best of Luck!

- Penguin

11. 9HD

9HD Member

Thank you Im trying to become more actice on forums and I try my best with Discord and Factions I know I need to do Skyblock a lot more. Also yeah Im a little bit toxic but I try my best to be as nice as I can and I'm working on it.

12. 9HD

9HD Member

Update Im Void Rank now

13. Pandachills

Pandachills Active Forum's Member
    Helper

This is copy and pasted this is the old format? you did'nt even check the new format...

14. 9HD

9HD Member

no this is the new format i added 2 questions of the old format since they were key questions you can look the paragraphs up if you find anything it might be old apps of mine :)

15. Dorito_

Dorito_ Trial Administrator
    Trial Administrator

Hey @9HD, after reviewing your application, I have come up with the following suggestions:

» Fix grammatical errors scattered throughout your application

» Boost your overall activity across all servers and platforms

» Add more detail to questions 5, 8, 9 and 10

» (Edit): Refrain from using the word "wanna" as it seems unprofessional.

» (Edit2): I can still spot quite a few grammatical errors throughout your application.

Good luck!

-Dorito

#15 Dorito_, Jun 6, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
  16. 9HD

9HD Member

I’ll fix the Grammatical errors right away thank you and i will try my best to get on skyblock more and i will add as much more detail as i can to 5 8 9 10

17. ItzzzAviator

ItzzzAviator Pines 18’

Really lengthy and good application, but one whole paragraph is a run on sentence and you have a bunch of grammatical errors all around. Fix that and you’re game

18. Razvygames27

Razvygames27 Member

I like your application but your in-game attitude isn't showing well. Also, maybe change your name.

19. 9HD

9HD Member

Thank you and yes i know i’m working on my in-game attitude and trying not to be toxic im getting better and i’ll think about changing my name

20. 9HD

9HD Member

Thank you to both of you for helping me with what I needed to change, I have added detail to Scenario 5,8,9, and 10. I have also fixed every grammatical error I found. Thanks!