Join other players on play.universemc.us

Accepted KazGames' Staff Application

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by KazGames, Oct 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KazGames

KazGames Professional Application Reviewer
    Helper

1) Minecraft Username:
    KazGames

2) Previous Minecraft Usernames (if applicable):
    nvms, Forsity, oSnax (Click Here)

3) What's your timezone?:
    Eastern Standard Time (EST / UTC -5)

4) Age:
    I am 15 years of age.

5) Are you staff on any other servers?:
    I currently do not play or associate myself with any other servers.

6) Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone?:

Yes, I have access to a Blue Snowball, as well as my Discord: Kaz#4147

7) Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?:

Yes, I am capable of recording video's at 120 FPS // 720P.

8) Do you have a donator rank on any of our game modes?:
    I currently have Galactic rank on Jupiter Planet.

9) Where are you most active on the Universe Server?:

I currently prioritize the Jupiter realm, as it has the most concurrent players and I personally enjoy playing there as well.

10) How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:
    ≿————- ❈ ————-≾
    Sunday: 8:00 PM - 4:00 AM
    Monday: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM // 6:00 PM - 1:00 AM
    Tuesday: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM // 9:00 PM - 2:00 AM
    Wednesday: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM // 10:00 PM - 2:00 AM
    Thursday: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM // 6:00 PM - 1:00 AM
    Friday: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM // 7:00 PM - 2:00 AM
    Saturday: Free Day

≿————- ❈ ————-≾

11) Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details:

Yes, just recently I was banned for using a blacklisted client. (autoclicker) I'm not sure how that was acknowledged by the team, but I did plead innocent and was unbanned shortly after. Prior to this incident, around 6 months ago, I was removed from the server for using a hacked client, in relation; this was me.

12) SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?:

I would verify that my mute was placed for valid reasons. If it was, I would kindly request that they stop spamming, if it continues, the proper punishment will be placed upon them. Under the circumstance that the mute was in fact false, I would remove the punishment (have someone else remove it, inquiring that I don't have permissions) and repent for the false action and punishment that I had made them undergo. If they continue to spam after I have apologized, I would request that they forward this issue; via staff report. If there is continuation after that, I will have to give them the corresponding punishment.

13) Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?:

Within the last year, I have made many mistakes. None of the mistakes were major, but I was still able to improve from them. I'd say my main mistake is being lazy. Within the last year, I have had an abundance of school work and have not had the stamina or proper mindset to fix these mistakes. Since then, I have had time to complete any work that was missed or forgotten and have gotten myself caught up on everything that I had to do. There have been cases of toxicity, which has just been mental anger or frustration towards another person, but from prior experience with this issue, none of it was correlated to my actual actions or wording; in which, I have been very proud of as I have had toxicity issues on UniverseMC in the past.

14) Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? If not, please explain how you could do as staff even without having any previous experiences. (Minimum 200+ words):

Honestly, I have the bare minimal in terms of experience. I own a Discord server, which has a very consistently active chat, which I do have to moderate with my staff team, and I have been Helper on UniverseMC towards the beginning of the server, but I believe I need to further improve my experience. I'd say the main question is, how can I further improve my experience? That's a question which touches several parts of my life in terms of moderation and prior knowledge. I live with the mindset to improve off of my mistakes. Currently, that same mindset is in a state of chaos, so many problems have occurred recently, which I have had no control of and have resulted in my account being punished and a lack of time on the server. Personally, that inability to be involved or assist in any way is a major problem for me and goes against my personality to want to help others, the reason I apply for staff is to interact and be further involved with the community. Having that ability means everything to me and is the source of my determination to get this position. My endless applications, just to achieve my own personal goal, it's selfish, yes; but I believe it's what will make me get far within the staff team and be able to become the best person I can be. The ability to get past these concurrent problems I have faced since the beginning of the server, from my demotion from Helper and YouTuber back around season 3, to now; where I am still applying and trying my best to get my goal. I was banned just after my interview and I'll state it now, I do not intend to stop applying. When I try to quit the server, I always find my way back. UniverseMC is the whole reason I am playing Minecraft again, I feel that I need to pass the one boundary that has constantly pushed me back since 2-3 years ago. As I am now, I intend to be staff until the end of the server. I hope I can make it to that point and I hope that I will be able to work with the staff team in the near future. I am going to try my best on my interview, from the feedback I received, the only thing standing in my way now is the interview process and I am going to try my absolute best this time to surpass the interview. I hope you will all support me on my way to Helper and continue to support me for further promotions and even if I am demoted, I hope you will hold no feelings against me, I will never intentionally get myself demoted, I will apply and try even harder if such a thing occurs. Again, thanks to the staff team for the endless support, I have made friends with you all and I hope to work with you soon!

8) If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?:

Outside of Minecraft, I am in love with writing and playing the piano. They are hobbies that I wish to dedicate my time into when I am not busy, I believe with practice I will improve and I believe that the results show after time.

9) SCENARIO: You're on a busy game mode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a junior moderator for a hacker, someone then messages you on discord telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?:

There are several ways of going about this situation, I hope I can address them all. First, I will put the questions on hold, as they are not in need of an immediate response. As for the 2 players requesting a Jr. Moderator for a hacker, I will try my best to act as surveillance for one of the hackers, as I get higher ups on. In presumption that there are Jr. Moderators on standby, they will handle the hackers to the best of their ability. I will then handle the user blasting music in the Discord Voice Channel. Presumably, this can be handles with or without a punishment. I will then resume answering questions after explaining the situation that was going on, however, under the chance that the hackers are still being watched, which is likely, I will try to explain the situation as vaguely as possible, without gaining the attention of the users hacking.

Second Scenario, I will again, put questions on hold, as well as the user blasting music in a VC. I do not believe that they are first priority and can wait until the threat is handled. As for the hacker situation, let's say that no higher-up's are available, I will begin recording the hackers, attempting to get the required amount of recording to prove that they are either legit or indeed, using a hacked client to gain some type of advantage. In the best scenario, they are blatant and will be able to be immediately stopped by me. (the best scenario would be that they are legit players, but with the situation, their illegitimacy would be the fastest approach on this situation.) After this situation is handled, I would continue to handle the user blasting music, however that may be, with a punishment or with a verbal warning; all following the guidelines of course.

There are several other outcomes to this scenario, with slightly different changes, but these two would be the major outcomes which can decide the difficulty of the situation. I believe these are the best two approaches to handling this.

10) SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?:

I would verify the authenticity of the punishment, with probable further input from another staff member. Under the assumption that the punishment was indeed false, I would have the punishment removed from the user and I would apologize to the best of my ability. I have stated in a similar Scenario that I would redirect them to the staff report section of the forums if this continues, in which I would continue the same here. I would also apply a proper punishment if the spam continues, as the situation had/has been resolved and needs no further input.

11) Anything else we should know?:

Not at the current moment. Thanks for checking out my application, if you're a staff member just adding input or if you are reviewing my application to either deny or accept it. It means a lot to know that you take the time out of your day in order to further improve mine. Being a staff member is a complicated job, especially when you become an Admin or even a Manager for the server and to also check staff applications in your spare time is just amazing! Keep up the good work.

#1 KazGames, Oct 11, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
  2. T0PB0Y

T0PB0Y Network Helper
    Helper

Hey Kaz
    Grammar - very few mistakes, especially speaking for the number of words you have written. I was in a call with Joes and B1ackmailed while reviewing this and they both also said that they like how this application was written out.

Detail - consistent. Some applications recently have been putting little detail in some questions and then a lot in another. You kept your detail quite consistent throughout your application. This proves you see each question as important as the other, which you should.

Design - I really like it. This topic doesn't matter that much when trying to get accepted, as long as it is readable, which this gladly is. But the design is not only readable but decently professional looking which I am surprised by because when people use more than two or three colors they tend to ruin the look of their application. This shows me that you take pride in your work.

Overall, a decent application & applicant.

3. NoHub

NoHub Junior Mod
    Junior Mod

One of the best applications I've seen. I love your layout and the fact you have little to no grammar mistakes! My only concern is your activity, I don't see you online anymore :( but, other than that, you are a very good member of the UNI Community and I hope to see someone like you on the staff team.

Kindest Regards,

- NoHub

4. KazGames

Helper

Yes, as I stated in my application, there was a recent issue where my account was compromised, and they had to ban my account until I had gotten it back and my appeal was accepted, sorry for pressing your concerns, I hope to see you online soon! :)

5. KazGames

Helper

Thanks for taking the time to review my application. I, Indeed take a lot of pride when it comes to my writing and am always looking for input to improve off of. If you have any suggestions or would like to possibly get in touch, you can always contact me on Discord. I have minimal history with you as a staff member, but I do admire your dedication to the position in which you have earned.

6. Archie

Archie Ex- Nooberator

Agreed with these and the fact you were also unbanned today, which may or may not affect the status of this application.

Nonetheless, best of luck.

7. Sarnando

Sarnando Member

It looks like you know what you're doing in the scenario questions.
    Like T0PBOY and Archie stated you were only just unbanned today so your application might be affected by this.
    I like the colour scheme.
    Good luck!

8. KazGames

Helper

Thank you very much, I was advised by TankHarris (LJ) to make a staff application when I am unbanned. I don't believe that it will have an affect, but if it does, I'll just re-apply a week or so later. Thanks for taking your time to read my application! Same with you Archie.

Archie likes this.
  9. droppedexe

droppedexe Non-staff Staff Critic

Fat -1, toxic, inactive, and vast ban history, your application was denied like 2 weeks ago for getting banned. Your application looks good although. Some good tips are to be more active in the discord as a lot of conversation goes around over there, I also prefer showing that you can abide to the rules, and not get denied for breaking the rules. Also lowering your toxicity would be a good idea, no one really sees it because you are inactive, but I've seen it, so try working on it.
    Sincerely-
    drop

10. KazGames

Helper

Hello, I am responding in relation to the inactivity in your reply. I was banned for my account being compromised, meaning someone hacked into my acc due to a lack of security. That has had me banned off of the server for the last 8 - 9 days. I would like to inform you that I am now unbanned and investing around 7 hours a day into the server. Thanks for reading my application, I hope this answers some of your concerns. Also. I said in another response that I was given permission to re-apply after my ban, as I was well on my way to being accepted. Again, it means a lot that you responded, please DM my Discord account with any information or suggestions that will help solve the rest of the issues you have mentioned. I am always looking for a way to further improve on the abilities I lack.

~ Kaz

11. gankfights

gankfights Member

One of, if not, the BEST applications ive ever seen. Clearly a lot of time was put into this, and I can tell your really trying for this position. Although, I do feel like your very bipolar and will switch the moment you dont get staff. Its happened before, and its shown every time you apply. You apply for staff and put on a fake persona, and then the minute you get declined you go back to your original ways of being semi-toxic. I wish you the best of luck, but this needs to be fixed.

KazGames likes this.
  12. Archie

Archie Ex- Nooberator

Best of luck Kaz!

13. KazGames

Helper

Tyvm, especially since you came back to give me your support a second time :)

Archie likes this.
  14. Archie

Archie Ex- Nooberator

Didn't even realise I replied twice but oh well, you got two sets of luck from me!

KazGames likes this.
  15. Triqes

Triqes Censorship
    Junior Mod

I love the little details like the symbols and it feels like you put a lot of effort into your application and I want to wish you the best of luck

16. KazGames

Helper

Tyvm, I appreciate the feedback.​

17. Cosmoissues

Cosmoissues Pro mineman

+1 Best application I've seen in a while! You've tried hard, you very much deserve to be staff!

18. KazGames

Helper

Thank you so much for the support, but this may be disregarded as we are friends. I still appreciate the support that you have given me and hope to work with you someday on the staff team.​

19. yoursooonice

yoursooonice Member

Nice application but is immature in game, and honestly doesn't know enough about the factions gamemode to answer even the most basic of questions. When applying for a network which consists of mainly factions it is important that you actually know basic stuff about it. Although this is a good application its a -1 from me.

20. KazGames

Helper

Hello, thanks for taking time out of your day to read my application and for leaving a response.

I am honestly humbled that you enjoyed my application, but I am a little concerned about the lack of factions knowledge brought up within your response. Personally, I have been playing on factions servers for around 7-8 years, between two accounts of mine and Universe for around 3 years. I'm personally not sure if there is some kind of misunderstanding, but I am always free on Discord if you wish to assist me in hopefully clearing up what may be a rather drastic misconception.

Again, thanks for reading my application and leaving a response! It means the world to me personally and I really do hope to be of assistance to the community in the near future!​

dtplayer likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.