Join other players on play.universemc.us

Accepted JustCallMeSemYT's Helper Application

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by SemTehPotato, May 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SemTehPotato

SemTehPotato {#AllBae<3}
    Helper

Simple Information
    <<------------------>>-<<------------------>>

• Minecraft Username:

JustCallMeSemYT

• Previous Minecraft Usernames:

JustCallMeSamYT
    AkariDoesGamezYT
    SamDoesGamezYT
    MiningRainbowzYT
    Rainbowlove303

• Timezone:

My timezone is EST.

I am 13 years of age.

• Are you staff on any other servers?:

I’m currently not staff on any servers.

• Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone? If you have discord, please list your full discord name and tag. Example; Example#1234:

Yes, I have access to discord and a working microphone. My discord name and the tag is ~Sem The Spring Cactus~#2889

• Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?:

Yes as YouTuber it is required to be able to record as well as being staff. I use the pro version of Screencast-O-Matic.

• Do you have a donator rank on any of our game modes?:

I was [YouTube] rank on the network from Season 3-Season 12 of Jupiter. I also have [Nebula] rank on Jupiter (Factions) and [Emperor] rank on Neptune (Skyblock). Overall, on this network between my account and other player's accounts I've spent over $1000 US dollars.

Previous Ranks I've Had:
    [Sky] (Neptune)
    [Assassin] (Jupiter - Now known as [Comet])
    [Hydra] (Jupiter - Modern day [Nebula])

Elaborate

1) Where are you most active on the Universe Server?

I, currently, am most active on Neptune (Skyblock) however that may change. Most of my videos are recorded on Neptune (Skyblock) so I tend to be on there most of the time.

2) How much time do you have to contribute to the role?

Monday - 3-4+ Hours
    Tuesday - 2-3+ Hours
    Wednesday - 3-4+ Hours
    Thursday - 2-3+ Hours
    Friday - 5-7+ Hours
    Saturday - 12+ Hours
    Sunday - 12+ Hours

These times are subject to change from vacations, concerts, soccer games, and camp during the summer.

3) Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details.

UniverseMC
    <<----->>--<<----->>

On UniverseMC I was warned once at least a year and a three quarters ago when I was at a sleepover and I had my laptop. A friend of mine took my laptop while the rest of us were outside and she logged onto Universe as it is the top server on my server list. She told me she used too many caps in chat and got a warn however that was all she told me and all the information I can give you. I was also warned by current staff member Pxlize because I was defending myself against GetTheShotgun, I made staff report on the matter but I never got a response.

Phoenix Factions
    <<----->>--<<----->>

Phoenix Factions was a server you had to be 16 to be staff on, I was 10 at the time however I was online every day, one of the owners despised me while the other owner loved me. The owner who loved me gave me helper on the server, that lasted about a week before one of the helpers who was my friend got demoted. He threatened to DDoS the server, in the haste of everyone freaking out the second owner griefed a warp and blamed me for it. Being I was 10 and the other owner was 18, they demoted me, banning me and my brother from the server along with one of the OG’s on Universe, my best friend. This server was a small server however it meant a lot to me, after that demotion I found Universe bringing me to where I am now.

Skyblock.Net
    <<----->>--<<----->>

Skyblock.Net was the first server I ever joined on Minecraft, about 2 years ago I met a guy, he ended up dating my best friend before they broke up. He blamed me for the breakup, him being a hacker got my password and email and hacked into my account. He knew I loved Skyblock.Net, he logged on advertised a random server IP and got me perm banned on that network. About a year ago I contacted an admin about my ban and got it lifted. My password has been changed 3 times after that and my account is now more secure and I haven’t had a problem with it being hacked into since then.
    It would take a computer 109 DUODECILLION YEARS to find out my Minecraft password.

4) SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?

If it was my first week as a helper and I muted a well-known player I would tell them first to calm down. I would state the reason they were muted and try to get them to understand their mute. If they still want to be unmuted I will explain to them how they, just as any normal player, have to wait out their mute and arguing with me about their mute won’t get the mute lifted.

5) Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?

One mistake I have made in the past year is fighting with staff members. While staff I wasn’t the best at controlling my anger and the people I didn’t like knew what to say to get me mad. I wasn't the one who dealt with it, admins were. I was demoted because of the disagreement between the team however I did learn from it. What did I learn? I learned that one word can set you off but two words can stop an argument. Calm down. From this point I'm not actually super mad at the staff members, we're all players now, however, they weren't demoted. I may not like them however fights don't happen in chats anymore. They still say things that make me upset however I've learned to control that side of me.

6) Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? (Minimum 200+ words)

Words: 2304

Minecraft

Phoenix Factions
    <<----->>--<<----->>

The first server I was staff on was the summer of 2016, I was 10. As I mentioned before I was
    [Helper] however the second owner didn’t like that I was staff at such a young age because the requirement is 16 years old for staff. I ended up getting demoted after one of the helpers who was my friend got demoted. He threatened to DDoS the server and everyone was freaking out like it was the end of the world and during that the owner found time to grief one of the warps and told the main owner. I got demoted for that along with being IP banned and one of the OG’s of this server was also banned for defending me.

Demotion/Resign - Demoted

Rank - [Helper]

Ongoing Server? - Incorrect

Gamemode/s - Factions

Legion’s Server
    <<----->>--<<----->>

One of the other helpers from Phoenix Factions' staff team was Liam, he was the one who started the whole disaster. He had a friend named Legion who was making a server, with Legion and Liam both as owners they made the server, after a bit they were looking for beta testers. At the time Liam messaged me asking if I would beta test I was with Ash (An OG YouTuber & player of UniverseMC) and we were getting ready to stream. Liam & Legion let Ash and I beta test and stream on the server, after a bit a few of my friends got on and helped. That night Ash, a friend of mine, and I all applied for
    [Helper] and we got accepted. After everyone went to bed Legion, Liam, some other staff members, and I got on and did some work, I got promoted to [Admin], then [Manager], then after a while I made my way to [Co-Owner] I never actually got demoted however we ended up shutting the server down because of stuff between the team.

Demotion/Resign - Server Was Shut Down

Rank -
    [Co-Owner]

Gamemode/s - Prisons *Was in the process of adding Factions*

Frosty Factions
    <<----->>--<<----->>

After Legion’s server went down a few months later I got a message from a group chat Liam had made. He told us about a new server he was creating. Since he has worked with me in multiple projects and servers he started me off as
    [Admin], I moved up to [Sr. Admin], then made my way up to [Manager]. We ended up never releasing the server because on the staff team he had and all the devs, owner, and such were on my team for something else.

Demotion/Resign - Server Never Got Released

Rank -
    [Manager]

Gamemode/s - Factions

UniverseMC
    <<----->>--<<----->>

As most of you know I was [Sr. Mod] on UniverseMC. I had almost been staff for a year however on 9/15/18 I was demoted due to a disagreement. (11/24/17 - 9/15/18) While on UniverseMC, I memorized the punishment guidelines as well as tried to help others on the staff team with punishments and overall anything they needed help with. My PMs were always open for questions especially for the new members on the team who would need to get used to the system. I also became staff another time (12/7/18 - 3/11/19) which I ended up resigning from. I was technically staff on this network three times.

Demotion/Resign - Resigned & Demoted & Resigned

Rank - [Jr. Mod] & [Sr. Mod] & [Jr. Mod]

Ongoing Server? - Correct

Gamemode/s - Factions, Skyblock, Cannon, used to have Kitmap

Dawnlight
    <<----->>--<<----->>

Dawnlight was a server that was once owned by a Universe staff member but now it is owned by a Universe ex-staff member. When this server was in the making I got a PM from a staff member who I worked with about becoming staff on Dawnlight, I accepted and started as help but quickly moved up in ranks as I got promoted on UniverseMC. I would also be
    [Jr. Mod] or [Helper] and have some [Sr. Mod] perms. In the end, I made it to the rank of [Sr. Mod].The owner of Dawnlight was forced to demoted me along with all other UniverseMC staff.

Demotion/Resign - Demoted

Rank -
    [Sr. Mod]

Ongoing Server? - Correct

Gamemode/s - Factions

ItsUniverse
    <<----->>--<<----->>

ItsUniverse is a player made server, the player who made this is quite well known and is an OG. The player who created that server asked me to join the staff team as
    [Manager], I soon got promoted to [Co-Owner] and am now one an [Owner]. I have resigned from this server not long ago as I could see it wasn’t going anywhere.

Demotion/Resign - Resigned

Rank - [Owner]

Ongoing Server? - On Break

Gamemode/s - Factions

Atlanthea
    <<----->>--<<----->>

This server was also created by a player, I was hired as [Server Manager] because I have experience working with staff and such. I was promoted to [Server Manager] not long after, this morning I was talking to the owner about the release and one of the [Co-Owner]s got demoted so he promoted me to [Co-Owner] to replace him. This server was supposed to release a week ago however the owner wanted me to be able to be on for the release and I couldn’t make it. He wouldn’t let me resign when I asked to so I started becoming less and less active until he demoted me, as my way of resigning. This owner and an ex-owner are extremely disrespectful, I would never work with them again no matter the payment. They have no sense of how to treat their staff, ex-staff, and players.

Demotion/Resign - Resigned (?)

Rank - [Co-Owner]

Ongoing Server? - Releasing

Gamemode/s - RPG Roleplay / Factions / Whatever They're Feeling That Day

Outside Of Minecraft

Peer-To-Peer
    <<----->>--<<----->>

Peer-To-Peer is something for grade 7 & 8 only in my school, we split into groups and all together pick a grade and topic we want to do. Let’s say we pick grade 1 and we choose to do kindness and working together, we would take our groups and create games for the 1st graders to play that will teach them kindness and working together. Usually I take charge and make the games and do the explaining to the grade 1 but in the end, all the kids have fun and we teach the kids a lesson that they can take with them. Peer-To-Peer shows a person’s leadership skills and kindness as well as a person’s ability to think on their feet and work together.

Field Hockey
    <<----->>--<<----->>

In field hockey the 8th graders become mini couches, we teach the JV team and the other half of the Varsity team. We lead the mile run and stretches. We’re also responsible if anything happens or someone gets hurt, 2 captains are picked every year, usually two people with unique skills and people that have the ability to show leadership and give a good representation of the team. These captains have not been picked yet. Field Hockey’s grade 8 leadership shows off our ability to lead a team as well as teaching new skills and learning along the way.

Soccer
    <<----->>--<<----->>

The soccer team I usually play on is really bad because that towns teams are pretty bad however during games if we were losing I would try to get everyone to still play like it was the start of the game and it was 0 - 0. I would try to hype of the players on my team and get them all to play their position on their side and get them to try. My brother was more the guy who was saying we wouldn’t win while I was trying to tell everyone we could win if we passed to each other and worked together.

Basketball
    <<----->>--<<----->>

Basketball was pretty much the same as soccer, my team was horrible and I was pretty much the only one who could shoot. I would always give the other players the ball if I thought they could make it. By the end of the season, everyone could shoot, maybe not get it in the first shot but they could make it.

Student Council
    <<----->>--<<----->>

In grade 6 I started student council, we hosted events for both the older and younger grades including the Fall Fest and Winter Wonderland. These events let us help out with setting up however since grade 6 is the lowest grade in student council we couldn't do much. In grade 7 I was also in student council, each homeroom picked 2 reps from student council to deliver information about upcoming events and such, I was one of my homerooms class reps. During grade 7 we did the Fall Fest, Winter Wonderland Dance, K-5th Donation Movie Day, and the Grade 8 Formal. Grade 7 is the year in student council where you can learn more about grade 8 elections and what to expect next year if you're going for school president and such positions. Class Rep is a smaller version of those roles and covers all aspects of having to come to the meetings along with pitching in with events as well as attending them. It’s a good chance to show off leadership skills. Most of the other students in my grade don't apply themselves and never show up to events, I'm trying to get my grade to participate, I've gotten a few to go for vice-president and such positions as well as into other school activities. I try to get the best out of people and try to push them to try things they didn't want to before.

Service Club
    <<----->>--<<----->>

The service club is every Friday meeting at lunch. We design and initiate projects that will benefit the community. We hope to inspire generations to come with creative projects, drives, and events to help bring the community together. More or less I’m the leader of the club, I come up with project ideas and lists of materials, I assign people to bring things in, and I do announcements for our events and drives. Although the club has no official leader we’ve taken a vote on who we all think should be the face of the club, based on attendance, cooperation, creativity, and personal opinion, and most people voted for me. (For the first time in forever!)

Friends Of Rachel
    <<----->>--<<----->>

I'm currently the only grade 8 member of F.O.R., F.O.R. works towards anti-bullying and kindness. We also host events, usually to show respect. Last year we did Custodian Day where we threw a party after school for the custodians and invited all teachers. This was to show our appreciation for all of them and what they do. FOR hosts the Week Of Respect and does the carnations sale every Mothers Day. As the only 8th grader I've been trying to get into everything I can for F.O.R. because if people see someone in their grade in an activity it's more likely that they will join it rather than if it's someone they don't know well. This year we’ve also done a few volunteer events after school.

School Musical
    <<----->>--<<----->>

As I said before I try to get a lot of my friends into the school activities, mainly the school musical/play. We always have a lack of guys in the musical/play but grade 8 year is when most people tend to get into the play/musical just to try it out. Most 8th graders say at the end of the year that they had wished they had done it before since they enjoyed it. I want people to try it out because who knows? They might be the best at acting or singing. Last year no guys in my grade participated for the musical/play, this year over 5 have signed up and auditioned. However, only 2 were happy with their parts and have decided to stay. This may seem small but our grade usually stays out of everything so seeing that people are getting into actives for our last year is great. I've tried to encourage everyone to join and the crew is larger than it was last year. I usually watch the younger kids in the play when I'm not on and I always help people with their lines off-stage if they need it. I offer help to everyone new to acting and such.

Roleplays // Studio
    <<----->>--<<----->>

I've been into roleplaying for the past 4 years, I'm a roleplay artist which includes being a lyrical, voice actor, builder, body actor, scriptwriter, editor, skin maker, HD skin maker, director, ex. I do everything in the roleplay community and I've been trying to get others to do the same. I've been helping a lot of small channels grow and joining new projects to help out as much as I can with them. I'm also starting huge projects to try to advertise other peoples channels as much as possible. I've been able to get huge YouTubers (Up to 300k) and small YouTubers (1k) to join the project. We're letting everyone make their character because we want them to add their twist onto the series. I think that's what roleplaying is about, being unique and creative, not being held back. That's what I'm trying to get people to see, it ain't just work it hanging out with friends and making new ones. It's getting to know people and learning more about them. It's a fun way to express yourself to others. I've been trying to take people who have never voice acted or sung and make them do it for the project. I've made everyone pick something that they haven't done before to do by the end of the series. I had everyone pick something new to try and hopefully succeed in. I've let the people in the project take ownership because I don't want to drag them out of what they are doing. They are being creative, that's what important.

7) If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?

Most of these things go on during the same days or are in school so I do them together.

Peer-To-Peer / Student Council /
    Glee / Handbells / Friends Of Rachel / Soccer / Service Club
    <<----->>--<<----->>

8) SCENARIO: You're on a busy game mode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a junior moderator for a hacker, someone then messages you on discord telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?:

If I was getting messaged by 2 players about a hacker, while being poked on Discord for someone blasting music, and getting a bunch of question, I would quickly switch my channel to the one with the person blasting music and ask them to stop. At this time I would still be answering questions and chat and if I wasn’t SS approved by this point I would message someone who is SS approved, on slack to deal with the hacker. If I was SS approved I would message someone on slack to log on that gamemode to help answer questions while I dealt with the hacker. I would watch the hacker making sure it wasn’t a false report and I would deal with them accordingly. If the person does not stop blasting music I will tell the people in the voice chat to mute the person while I gave the two options, one, stop playing music or, two, be kicked from and, or muted on the Discord. By this point, assuming he stopped I would go back to answering questions until the commotion died out.

9) SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?

Incorrect Punishment
    <<----->>--<<----->>

If my punishment was incorrect I would quickly calm down the players by telling them that the punishment will be lifted and removed. After the players stopped spamming and arguing with me I would:

Warn
    <<--->><<--->>

Contact an admin to get it removed as admin+ are the only ones who can remove warnings.

Mute // Ban
    <<--->><<--->>

Contact a mod+ since /unmute & /unban is given to mod ranks.

Correct Punishment
    <<--->><<--->>

If the punishment I issued to the player wasn't correct I would explain the situation so the players would understand. I would tell them how the player broke the rule and why the punishment would not be removed. I would say that if they continued to argue with me about the punishment they would receive a punishment (If that rule is still on guidelines) and that would most likely get them to stop. If not I would issue out the correct punishments to the players still arguing.

10) Anything else we should know?

Nope! Thank you so much for reading my application!

Fun Fact: This application is 3793 words.

{#AllBae<3}

#1 SemTehPotato, May 11, 2019
    Last edited: May 14, 2019
  2. Zoxide

Zoxide Junior Mod
    Junior Mod

Hey! I only have one tip for you in proceeds in your application!
    ► Become more globally active - Forums, discord and in-game

Best of luck!
    - Zox

3. MrWild

MrWild Network YouTuber

I don't support this applicant because they have had many previous punishments, and past experiences of being disrespectful.

4. MrWild

MrWild Network YouTuber

I agree with penguin about the toxicity part. Always room to improve though!

5. mebigjamie

mebigjamie Pending
    Junior Mod

Hello @SemTehPotato after reviewing your application i've decided upon some things that could possibly help with your application,
    • Adding more detail to more specifically your scenario questions
    • Increase activity on all platforms, including both in game and on social platforms
    • Fix up simple grammatical errors
    Otherwise everything else seems fine!
    ~mebigjamie

6. SemTehPotato

SemTehPotato {#AllBae<3}
    Helper

Hello WeeGuy,
    Thank you so much for the suggestion! I'll be sure to work on becoming more globally active!

Hello MrWild,
    The only punishments I've received are two false bans, a false warning, and a warning from when someone was on my account and I've been playing Minecraft since I was seven years old so four punishments in six years is good. I've also asked people if they think I'm disrespectful and no one I've asked thinks I'm disrespectful. I've never talked to you and have no experience with you so I believe the only time you've seen me talk is when Yunus or Shotgun was online.

Hello PenguinNerd,
    I didn't leave the server on bad terms, the player community trusts me. As for the staff team, yeah I didn't leave on the best terms but I did apologize to everyone on the team for the letter I didn't write. The same thing I said to MrWild applies to your comment. Also next time you leave a comment please don't delete it. Thank you!

Hello MeBigJamie,
    My application is 3793 words, the size of college papers, I see no place that needs more detail than it has unless I start adding unnecessary words to every sentence. As I said I am working on increasing my activity on all platforms. In an application with about four thousand words, there will be small grammar mistakes, it's natural. You also forgot to capitalize your i in the word "I've" at the beginning of your message.

-JustCallMeSemYT
    {#AllBae<3}

7. MrWild

MrWild Network YouTuber

Hi Sem,

I don't recommend you argue with a Sr. Mod about that sort of thing. Me and penguin both thing you have some toxicity that has gone through the community from you at one point.

Best Regards,

8. Strixii

Strixii Member

Hey! @SemTehPotato, after an evaluation of your application, here are my suggestions:

Fix up grammatical errors

Provide the times you can be active on your schedule

Use a clear layout (your current layout is quite confusing)

For more tips you can check out this really helpful guide ↡
    https://universemc.us/threads/guide-to-having-a-decent-application.5826/

Alternatively you can also utilize the official writing guide
    https://universemc.us/threads/staff-application-writing-guide.864/

Best of luck!
    - Strixii

9. Strixii

Strixii Member

Hi, @SemTehPotato

Like I mentioned in the Discord previously, I'm sure @mebigjamie has a reason for the judgement made. And I don't think detail is based on word count but well detail. I understand your application has 3793 words but accepting the fact that you have made mistakes and not doing anything about the mistakes is pretty much inevitably waiting to make them again. This is probably not the best way to go, I think the way you should be going on about this, is by taking in the constructive criticism given by fellow players and staff members and use it to improve.

Another note is the way that you have responded to these posts is pretty immature especially the fact that you corrected @mebigjamie considering this application is about you, not them.

I hope you take some time to think about what I have concluded in this post. I'll let you take things from here.

- Strixii

10. Dnoxal

Dnoxal Network Staff
    Junior Mod

Just because they have a bad past doesn't mean that they are still bad now.

Just be active! Goodluck!

11. Jazzy

Jazzy Member

Hey,

Your application is very detailed,
    in my personal opinion, I think too detailed. You have over 1000 words alone explaining what you do out of Minecraft. It shows your very active which is great but at the same time, I personally think you don't need 3 entire sections explaining that you play 3 sports and the same could be said for what you do in school. Feels a little like your telling me your life's story a bit, I'm not judging in any way. Good for you for being such an active & Involved person.
    (I barely have a life)

Other than that, personally I've never had a big problem with you.

I like the layout you did.

and like I said you do have a lot of detail.

The only issue I have with your application is that the Question about Hobbies and Out of Minecraft stuff is below the answer and not above.

But I have heard that you've been toxic in the past not just from the comments here but from other people so maybe work on that.

As for your activity, I can't really judge it
    1. Mine isn't the best either
    &
    2. You and I have completely different timezones
    But your working on it which is great

Good Luck :)

#11 Jazzy, May 15, 2019
    Last edited: May 15, 2019
  12. UserNumberJuan

UserNumberJuan Network Manager
    Manager

Interview - Hello, JustCallMeSemYT
    Your application has been intensely reviewed and the management team and has decided to put your app to Interview stage.

Please PM me on the forums or on discord (DiscordUserNumberJuan#6437) to schedule your interview.

-UserNumberJuan

13. UserNumberJuan

UserNumberJuan Network Manager
    Manager

Accepted - Hello, JustCallMeSemYT
    Your application has been intensely reviewed and the management team and has decided to accept your application congrats.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.