Join other players on play.universemc.us

Denied JustCallMeSemYT's Helper Application

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by SemTehPotato, Oct 25, 2018.

1. SemTehPotato

SemTehPotato {#AllBae<3}
    Helper

Simple Information
    <<------------------>>-<<------------------>>

• Minecraft Username:

JustCallMeSemYT

• Previous Minecraft Usernames:

JustCallMeSamYT
    AkariDoesGamezYT
    SamDoesGamezYT
    MiningRainbowzYT
    Rainbowlove303

• Timezone:

My timezone is EST.

As of September 21st I am 13 years of age

• Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a working microphone?

Yes I have access to TeamSpeak along with slack, discord, and skype.

• Do you have the ability to record minecraft videos?

Yes, as youtuber it is required to be able to record as well as being staff. I use the pro version of Screencast-O-Matic.

• Are you Star (Or Above)

I was [Youtube] rank on the network from Season 3-Season 9 of Jupiter. I also have Nebula rank on Jupiter (Factions) and Emperor rank on Neptune (Skyblock).

Elaborate

1) Where are you most active on the Universe Server?

I, currently, am most active on Neptune (Skyblock) however that may change. Most of my videos are recorded on Neptune (Skyblock) so I tend to be on there most of the time.

2) How much time do you have to contribute to the role?

Monday- 3-4+ Hours
    Tuesday- 3-4+ Hours
    Wednesday- 3-4+ Hours
    Thursday- 3-4+ Hours
    Friday- 5-7+ Hours
    Saturday- 12+ Hours
    Sunday- 12+ Hours

3) Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details.

UniverseMC
    <<----->>--<<----->>

On UniverseMC I warned once at least a year and a half ago when I was at a sleepover and I had my laptop. A friend of my took my laptop while the rest of us were outside and she logged onto Universe as it is the top server on my server list. She told me she used too many caps in chat and got a warn however that was all she told me and all the information I can give you.

Phoenix Factions
    <<----->>--<<----->>

Phoenix Factions was a server you had to be 16 to be staff on, I was 10 at the time however I was online everyday, one of the owners despised me while the other owner loved me. The owner who loved me gave me helper on the server, that lasted about a week before one of the helpers who was my friend got demoted. He threatened to ddos the server, in the haste of everyone freaking out the second owner griefed a warp and blamed me for it. Being I was 10 and the other owner was 18, they demoted me, banning me and my brother from the server along with one of the OG’s on Universe, my best friend. This server was a small server however it meant a lot to me, after that demotion I found Universe bringing me to where I am now.

Skyblock.Net
    <<----->>--<<----->>

Skyblock.Net was the first server I ever joined on Minecraft, about 2 years ago I met a guy, he ended up dating my best friend before they broke up. He blamed me for the break up, him being a hacker got my password and email and hacked into my account. He knew I loved Skyblock.Net, he logged on advertised a random server IP and got me perm banned on that network. About a year ago I contacted an admin about my ban and got it lifted. My password has been changed 3 times after that and my account is now more secure and I haven’t had a problem with it being hacked into since then.
    It would take a computer 109 DUODECILLION YEARS to find out my minecraft password.

4) SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?

If it was my first week as helper and I muted a well-know player I would tell them first to calm down. I would state the reason they were muted and try to get them to understand their mute. If they still want to be unmuted I will explain to them how they, just as any normal player, have to wait our their mute and arguing with me about their mute won’t get the mute lifted.

5) Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last month? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?

One mistake I have made in the past month is fighting with staff members. While staff I wasn’t the best at controlling my anger and the people I didn’t like knew what to say to get me mad. I wasn't the one who dealt with it, admins were. I was demoted because of the disagreement between the team however I did learn from it. What did I learn? I learned that one word can set you off but two words can stop an argument. Calm down. From this point I'm not actually super mad at the staff members, we're all players now however they weren't demoted. I may not like them however fights don't happen in chats anymore. They still say things that make me upset however I've learned to control that side of me.

6) Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? (Minimum 500+ words)

Words: 2098

Minecraft

Phoenix Factions
    <<----->>--<<----->>

The first server I was staff on was the summer of 2016, I was 10. As I mentioned before I was [Helper] however the second owner didn’t like that I was staff at such a young age because the requirement is 16 years old for staff. I ended up getting demoted after one of the helpers who was my friend got demoted. He threatened to ddos the server and everyone was freaking out like it was the end of the world and during that the owner found time to grief one of the warps and told the main owner. I got demoted for that along with being IP banned and one of the OG’s of this server was also banned for defending me.

Demotion/Resign - Demoted

Rank - [Helper]

Ongoing Server? - Incorrect

Gamemode/s - Factions

Legion’s Server
    <<----->>--<<----->>

One of the other helpers from PF’s staff team was Liam, he was the one who started the whole disaster. He had a friend named Legion who was making a server, with Legion and Liam both as owners they made the server, after a bit they were looking for beta testers. At the time Liam messaged me asking if I would beta test I was with Ash (An OG youtuber & player of UniverseMC) and we were getting ready to stream. Liam & Legion let Ash and I beta test and stream on the server, after a bit a few of my friends got on and helped. That night Ash, a friend of mine, and I all applied for [Helper] and we got accepted. After everyone went to bed Legion, Liam, some other staff members, and me got on and did some work, I got promoted to [Admin], then [Manager], then after a while I made my way to [Co-Owner] I never actually got demoted however we ended up shutting the server down because of stuff between the team.

Demotion/Resign - Server Was Shut Down

Rank - [Co-Owner]

Gamemode/s - Prisons *Was in the process of adding factions*

Liam’s Server
    <<----->>--<<----->>

After Legion’s server went down a few months later I got a message from a group chat Liam had made. He told us about a new server he was creating. Since he has worked with me in multiple projects and servers he started me off as [Admin] I moved up to [Sr. Admin], then made my way up to [Manager]. We ended up never releasing the server because on the staff team he had and all the devs, owners, and such were on my team for something else.

Demotion/Resign - Server Never Got Released

Rank - [Manager]

Gamemode/s - Factions

UniverseMC
    <<----->>--<<----->>

As most of you know I was [Sr. Mod]on UniverseMC. I had almost been staff for a year however a week ago (9/15/18) I was demoted due to a disagreement. While on UniverseMC, I memorized the punishment guidelines as well as tried to help others on the staff team with punishments and overall anything they needed help with. My PMs were always open for questions especially for the new members on the team who would need to get used to the system.

Rank - [Sr. Mod]

Ongoing Server? - Correct

Gamemode/s - Factions, Skyblock, Kitmap

Dawnlight
    <<----->>--<<----->>

Dawnlight was a server that was once owned by a Universe staff member how old now it is owned by a Universe ex-staff member. When this server was in the making I got a PM from a staff member who I worked with about becoming staff on Dawnlight, I accepted and started as help but quickly moved up in ranks as I got promoted on Universe. I would also be [Jr. Mod] or [Helper] and have some [Sr. Mod] perms. The owner of Dawnlight was forced to demoted me along with all other UniverseMC staff

Rank - [Sr. Mod]

Gamemode/s - Factions

ItsUniverse
    <<----->>--<<----->>

ItsUniverse is a player made server, the player who made this is quite well known and is an OG. The player who created that server asked me to join the staff team as [Manager], I soon got promoted to [Co-Owner] and am now one an [Owner]. However I have not been on that server for a while and I do not plan on spending much time on there, just as I did before.

Demotion/Resign - Still Staff

Rank - [Owner]

Gamemode/s - Factions

Atlanthea
    <<----->>--<<----->>

This server was also created by a player, I was hired as [Staff Manager] because I have experience working with staff and such. I was promoted to [Server Manager] not long after, one morning I was talking to the owner about the release and one of the [Co-Owner]'s got demoted so he promoted me to [Co-Owner] to replace him. I was planning to resign however the first time I tried the owner was so upset. I decided I would gradually become inactive so they would just demote me.

Demotion/Resign - Demoted/Resigned

Rank - [Co-Owner]

Gamemode/s - Factions

Outside Of Minecraft

Peer-To-Peer
    <<----->>--<<----->>

Peer-To-Peer is something for 7th and 8th grade only in my school, we split into groups and all together pick a grade and topic we want to do. Let’s say we pick 1st grade and we choose to do kindness and working together, we would take our groups and create games for the 1st graders to play that will teach them kindness and working together. Usually I take charge and make the games and do the explaining to the 1st grade but in the end all the kids have fun and we teach the kids a lesson that they can take with them. Peer-To-Peer shows a person’s leadership skills and kindness as well as a person’s ability to think on their feet and work together.

Field Hockey
    <<----->>--<<----->>

In field hockey the 8th graders become mini couches, we teach the JV team and the other half of the Varsity team. We lead the mile run and stretches. We’re also responsible if anything happens or someone gets hurt, 2 captains are picked every year, usually two people with unique skills and people that have the ability to show leadership and give a good representation of the team. Field Hockey’s 8th grade leadership shows off our ability to lead a team as well as teaching new skills and learning along the way.

Soccer
    <<----->>--<<----->>

The soccer team I usually play on is really bad because that towns teams are pretty bad however during games if we were losing I would try to get everyone still play like it was the start of the game and it was 0 - 0. I would try to hype of the players on my team and get them all to play their position on their side and get them to try. My brother was more the guy who was saying we wouldn’t win while I was trying to tell everyone we could win if we passed to each other and worked together.

Basketball
    <<----->>--<<----->>

Basketball was pretty much the same as soccer, my team was horrible and I was pretty much the only one who could shoot. I would always give the other players the ball if I thought they could make it. By the end of the season everyone could shoot, maybe not get it in the first shot but they could make it.

Student Council
    <<----->>--<<----->>

In 6th grade I started student council, we hosted events for both the older and younger grades including the Fall Fest and Winter Wonderland. These events let us help out with setting up however since 6th grade is the lowest grade in student council we couldn't do much. In 7th grade I was also in student council, each homeroom picked 2 reps from student council to deliver information about upcoming events and such. During 7th grade we did the Fall Fest, Winter Wonderland Dance, K-5th Donation Movie Day, and the 8th Grade Formal. 7th grade is the year in student council where you can learn more about 8th grade elections and what to expect next year if you're going for school president and such positions. Class Rep is a smaller version of those roles and covers all aspects of having to come to the meetings along with pitching in with events as well as attending them. This year (8th Grade) we are currently working on elections for school president, I am going for school president because I've been in student council for all the years I could and I've went to every event we've hosted. I'm working towards school president because it's a good chance to show off leadership skills. Most of the other students in my grade don't apply themselves and never show up to events, I'm trying to get my grade to participate, I've gotten a few to go for vice-president and such positions as well as into other school activities. I try to get the best out of people and try to push them to try things they didn't want to before.

Friends Of Rachel
    <<----->>--<<----->>

I'm currently the only 8th grade member of F.O.R., F.O.R. works towards anti-bullying and kindness. We also host events, usually to show respect. Last year we did Custodian Day where we threw a party after school for the custodians and invited all teachers. This was to show our appreciation for all of them and what they do. FOR hosts the Week Of Respect and does the carnations sale every Mothers Day. As the only 8th grader I've been trying to get into everything I can for F.O.R. because if people see someone in their grade in an activity it's more likely that they will join it rather than if it's someone they don't know well.

School Musical
    <<----->>--<<----->>

As I said before I try to get a lot of my friends into the school activities, mainly the school musical/play. We always have a lack of guys in the musical/play but 8th grade year is when most people tend to get into the play/musical just to try it out. Most 8th graders say at the end of the year that they had wished they had done it before since they enjoyed it. I want people to try it out because who knows? They might be the best at acting or singing. Last year no guys in my grade participated for the musical/play, this year over 5 have signed up and are planning to audition. This may seem small but our grade usually stays out of everything so seeing that people are getting into actives for our last year is great. I've tried to encourage everyone to join and the crew is larger than it was last year. I usually watch the younger kids in the play when I'm not on and I always help people with their lines off-stage if they need it. I offer help to everyone new to acting and such.

Roleplays
    <<----->>--<<----->>

I've been into roleplaying for the past 4 years, I'm a roleplay artist which includes being a lyrical, voice actor, builder, body actor, script writer, editor, skin maker, HD skin maker, director, ex. I do everything in the roleplay community and I've been trying to get others to do the same. I've been helping a lot of small channels grow and joining new projects to help out as much as I can with them. I'm also starting huge projects to try to advertise other peoples channels as much as possible. I've been able to get huge youtubers (Up to 300k) and small youtubers (1k) to join the project. We're letting everyone make their character because we want them to add their twist onto the series. I think that's what roleplaying is about, being unique and creative, not being held back. That's what I'm trying to get people to see, it ain't just work it hanging out with friends and making new ones. It's getting to know people and learning more about them. It's a fun way to express yourself to others. I've been trying to take people who have never voice acted or sung and make them do it for the project. I've made everyone pick something that they haven't done before to do by the end of the series. I had everyone pick something new to try and hopefully succeed in. I've let the people in the project take ownership because I don't want to drag them out of what they are doing. They are being creative, that's what important.

7) If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?

(Not all of these are happening at once it’s just what I’m in for the school year)

Peer-To-Peer / Field Hockey / Lego Robotics / Soccer / Basketball / Student Council
    <<----->>--<<----->>

Glee / Handbells / Yearbook / Cheerleading / Friends Of Rachel / Musical-Play / Roleplays
    <<----->>--<<----->>

8) SCENARIO: You're in a busy gamemode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a moderator for a hacker, someone then pokes you on teamspeak telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?

If I was getting messaged by 2 players about a hacker, while being poked on teamspeak for someone blasting music, and getting a bunch of question, I would quickly switch my channel to the one with the person blasting music and ask them to stop. At this time I would still be answering questions and chat and if I wasn’t SS approved by this point I would message someone who is SS approved, on slack to deal with the hacker. If I was SS approved I would message someone on slack to log on that gamemode to help answer questions while I dealt with the hacker. I would watch the hacker to make sure it wasn’t a false report and I would deal with them accordingly. If the person does not stop blasting music I will tell the people in the voice chat to mute the person while I gave the two options, 1) stop playing music or 2) Be kicked from and/or muted on the teamspeak. By this point, assuming he stopped I would go back to answering questions until the commotion died out.

9) SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?

If it was incorrect
    <<----->>--<<----->>

If my punishment was incorrect I would quickly calm down the players by telling them that the punishment will be lifted and removed. After the players stopped spamming and arguing with me I would...

Warn
    <<--->><<--->>

Contact an admin to get it removed as admin+ are the only ones who can remove warnings.

Mute // Ban
    <<--->><<--->>

Contact a mod+ since /unmute & /unban is given to mod ranks.

If it was correct
    <<--->><<--->>

If the punishment I issued to the player wasn't correct I would explain the situation so the players would understand. I would tell them how the player broke the rule and why the punishment would not be removed. I would say that if they continued to argue with me about the punishment they would receive a punishment (If that rule is still on guidelines) and that would most likely get them to stop. If not I would issue out the correct punishments to the players still arguing.

10) Anything else we should know?

Nope! Thank you so much for reading my application!

{#AllBae<3}

2. SwagSweeper

SwagSweeper Member

Amazing Application SemTehPotato you have a great chance to get the rank, good luck.

Pros
    - Has a working mic
    - Can Record Videos
    - Over Age Limit
    - Very Organized
    - Great Details in answers
    - Great color scheme / easy on the eyes
    - Exceeds 500-word limit by 4 times
    - Seems Mature
    - Has a lot of experience
    - Active/Old Forums Account

Cons
    - None

3. SemTehPotato

SemTehPotato {#AllBae<3}
    Helper

Hello SwagSweeper,

Thank you so much for your support! I'd love to see you on the server and talk to you sometime you seem like a nice person.

-JustCallMeSemYT

{AllBae<3}

#3 SemTehPotato, Oct 25, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
    TheAshCam likes this.
  4. SwagSweeper

SwagSweeper Member

Your best chance to find me would be on the Jupiter realm (Factions) But sure anytime!

5. Acceptation

Acceptation Acceptinator

Hey Sem :)

Glad you applied again.

Although you did get demoted last time I do believe in second chances and I can tell that you're genuinely a nice person and cares about the server and community.

I wish you best best of luck :)

SwagSweeper likes this.
  6. Jerry

Jerry Senior Staff Member

Hi,

Do you have any proof of you being staff on those servers?

PandaMooma likes this.
  7. PenguinNerd

PenguinNerd Just a Guy who Likes Anime
    Helper

Hey There Sem! @SemTehPotato

Pros:
    - Meets Age Requirement
    - A lot of Staff Experience
    - A lot of Detail in your application
    - Colorful and Organized Color Scheme
    - Organized Application

Suggestions:
    None

Cons:
    - Past Demotion

Like Acceptation has mentioned before I too believe in 2nd chances. I think you'd be a good addition to the staff team. Hope to see you online sometime and have a wonderful day!

Best of Luck,
    -Penguin

8. SemTehPotato

SemTehPotato {#AllBae<3}
    Helper

Hello SwagSweeper,
    I'll be sure to find you on there soon! I was just on before but I don't believe many people noticed me.

Hello Acceptation,
    Thank you so much, you don't know how much that means to me. I'd love more than anything to be back on the team and helping the community!

Hello Jerry,
    Well most of those servers are irrelevant and about 2 years old and by that time I never took screenshots since I never thought I would need them, for Dawnlight you can always ask Aggames3000YT as he was the owner. I can get screenshots of the other two ones on discord since I prefer not to go onto those servers. Most of my friends from season 1 had also gone through the past servers and more with me before I dragged them onto Universe and some still play.

Hello PenguinNerd,
    Thank you so much for your support! You were a nice guy, overall, and I'd love to hang out with you more! We have to talk!

-JustCallMeSemYT

{#AllBae<3}

9. PenguinNerd

Helper

Sounds Good Sem! Hope to see and talk with you soon!

10. VSauce_exe

VSauce_exe Where are your fingers?

Hi @SemTehPotato
    Pros
    -Organized application
    -A lot of past
    experience

-Past experience on Universe
    -Helpful and kind in game
    -Meets requirements
    Suggestions
    I think its a great staff application but it doesn't seem like you edited it much from your last application, but its still really good!

Good Luck!

11. PenguinNerd

Helper

Agreed.

12. SinnFein

SinnFein Member

I have nothing to suggest. Your application is brilliant.
    Best of luck.

13. SemTehPotato

SemTehPotato {#AllBae<3}
    Helper

Hello PenguinNerd,
    Great! I'll see you soon!

Hello VSauce,
    Thank you so much for your support and your suggestion! Most of the information that was on my previous application was still valid although I did go back and change some parts.

Hello SinnFein,
    Thank you so much Sinn, you are an amazing staff member, good luck on getting Sr. Mod! <3

- JustCallMeSemYT

{#AllBae<3}

14. Darknetic

Darknetic Member

+1 GL and I hope to see you on the staff team

15. Dnoxal

Dnoxal Resigned Staff member

Hello!

Like your app, but does it mean that your 12 when for your age? The past year or the next year?
    Anyways,
    good app!
    +1

P.S
    Your pretty active!

16. SemTehPotato

SemTehPotato {#AllBae<3}
    Helper

Hello Darknetic,
    Thank you so much for your support!

Hello Dnoxal,
    I wrote "as of" meaning I am 13 years of age. Thank you for your support!

-JustCallMeSemYT

{AllBae<3}

17. TheAshCam

TheAshCam Member

I think you will get to be a HELPER soon . :cool::)

18. TheAshCam

TheAshCam Member

And nice to meet you here :rolleyes::rolleyes:;)

19. YesHaxNoSkillz

YesHaxNoSkillz One Of the Oldest UniverseMc Players.

Nice application, And also you where staff before. Hopefully, you can be accepted.

20. PenguinNerd

Helper

Agreed.