Join other players on play.universemc.us

JuicyJimme

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by JuicyJimme, May 17, 2019.

1. JuicyJimme

JuicyJimme Member

Minecraft Username:
    JuicyJimme

Previous Minecraft Usernames (if applicable):
    Hammy101

What's your timezone?:
    UTC-9:30+

Are you staff on any other servers?:
    No

Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone?
    Yes

Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?:
    Yes

Do you have a donator rank on any of our game modes?:

Yes

===================================================================

Where are you most active on the Universe Server?:
    Jupiter Planet

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:

Monday: 12pm-8pm (small breaks in between)
    Tuesday: 12pm-6pm (small breaks in between)
    Wednesday: 12pm-7pm (small breaks in between)
    Thursday: 12pm-4pm (small breaks in between)
    Friday: 12pm-6pm (small breaks in between)
    Sat-Sun: 12pm-5pm (small breaks in between)

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server?
    Yes, I was banned back in 2016-2017 for always advertising my YT channel on small servers.

Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?:

Try to ignore them the best I can, If they have been muted i don't think they can spam me in-game other than discord which at that point i might temporarily block them. If exceeds, i will take it to a higher staff member to help sort it. Say there is no higher staff member, I would simply block the individual until further notice.

Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?:

We all make mistakes, I myself made a huge one this year. I won't go into detail but something I learnt is "you never know the value of something truly until you have lost it" that saying I pretty much abused what I had in the sense of not taking care, seeing it as another time waster etc. I have dealt with it now and had to be patient of course. I have gained back somewhat of what it was and take care of things more than I would have before.

Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience?

I have owned a phew servers, four in fact. The experience that i learnt along the way partly from that is to be patient with certain things. Always stay on top of helping out players as they are just as important as the game itself. Heck, they are what your server is practically. I have been Helper on OPCraft, The thing to learn from a large server like that is you have to be ready for anything. You have to stop playing the game to help another user if needed and cannot ignore them. Hence why you are given the helper role "to help people" not to ignore them and wait until someone else helps them. Be the first to step in. You will get a good reputation when doing so. I have been a moderator on many small servers but couldn't really help many people out as the servers died. Or the server being shut down in general. I believe that if you are a staff member you are playing as a person to help. To make that more clear, there are more than one ways of abusing helper or higher ranks. One of which isn't using commands in the sense of that but abusing power. You should never go for a helper rank just to see your self as the more up and powerful player. But to put yourself as low as the other players and be a helping hand. Be that person that kicks/ bans the hackers instead of being the one asking for help and sometimes not receiving it. It took me a phew years to learn not to be better or start off better when making a server. I used to get the best stuff in the game and just kill my players, This caused many players to leave because the server was just not fun anymore. So overall just play as you would a normal player but if needed. Help out a friend

If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?:

I tend to write music, that involves both vocal and musical instrumental. I currently use the guitar to do so. I also enjoy a little plugin development and fishing in my spare time.

You're on a busy game mode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a junior moderator for a hacker, someone then messages you on discord telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?:
    Don't overthink it. If there is something i have learnt over the years with life is to not overthink. Assess the situation. The game-play should be more important. But the quicker option is discord. Warn the user that is blasting music and turn down the music. Or even better tell the user that is messaging you to turn them down or even mute them if needed. Head in-game and MSG both users back asking for the players username. MSG the active Mod to check out the situation and hopefully get it sorted, If no active moderator is online, Ask the players to screen-record the hacker and send it to the discord if possible, If neither can record try and record yourself. If you don't see the player hacking still record and take to a higher staff when online. I'm not sure of the commands Helper gets but if freeze or any plugin to stop movement i would use that if the hacks are clear. If not then try and contact any moderator any possible way

You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?:
    If i know for sure that the player i have punished should have been i will tell the players the info of why they have been banned. If it was indeed an incorrect punishment i will make sure that it wasn't and take action by asking a higher staff for some help on what to do. I will ask the players to stop spamming me about the situation as I will be getting it sorted. if spam continues i will war the players depending on how soon each message is. If spamming continues i will reassure them that the situation is being sorted and possibly warn them again that they are not to spam me.

Anything else we should know?:

I have enjoyed every moment on UniverseMC, I joined in 2016 and loved the server since. Its enjoyable to play for its non p2w aspect and its so far the first faction server i have seriously played on. Keep up the updates as everyone looks forward to them and enjoys their time on the server

#1 JuicyJimme, May 17, 2019
    Last edited: May 22, 2019 at 12:42 PM
  2. PenguinNerd

PenguinNerd Sr. Staff / Weeb / Nerd
    Senior Mod

Hello, @JuicyJimme Here are some Suggestions.

Suggestions:

- Add more overall detail to your application, especially the scenario questions
    - Become more Globally Active (Forums, Discord, All Server Platforms, and Twitter if applicable)
    - Elaborate more on your schedule, as it's important to have a detailed schedule (Schedule of each day of the week)

Best of Luck.
    -Penguin

3. JuicyJimme

JuicyJimme Member

Thank you, will do

4. Strixii

Strixii Member

Hey! @JuicyJimme, after an evaluation of your application, here are my suggestions:

Add more detail to your answers

Use a more appealing color scheme

Fix minor grammatical errors

Provide a clear and full schedule

Be more active network-wide (Discord, Minecraft, Twitter etc)

For more tips you can check out this really helpful guide ↡
    https://universemc.us/threads/guide-to-having-a-decent-application.5826/

Alternatively you can also utilize the official writing guide
    https://universemc.us/threads/staff-application-writing-guide.864/

Additional Comments:

You seem to know what you're doing, which is good but there are few parts of this application you could definitely put more work into.

Best of luck!
    - Strixii

5. mebigjamie

mebigjamie Pending
    Junior Mod

Hello @JuicyJimme after reviewing your application i've decided upon some things that could possibly help with your application
    • Increase detail for scenario questions
    • Increase activity on all platforms, including both in game and on social platforms
    • Fix up grammatical errors
    Otherwise everything else seems fine!
    ~mebigjamie

6. JuicyJimme

JuicyJimme Member

Apologise about saying this but I don't find any point to a colour scheme. as long as it looks decent its about the quality of how I write instead of spending time on making it look great...just a personal preference

7. Archie

Archie Professional Mineman

Hello @JuicyJimme, here are some suggestions to help improve your application!

• Increase global activity on all social platforms
    • Expand on the scenario questions
    Best of luck!

Glowing Regards,
    ~ Archie