Join other players on play.universemc.us

Denied Jazzy_Enoshima's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by Jazzy, May 14, 2019.

1. Jazzy

Jazzy Member

• Minecraft Username:
    Jazzy_Enoshima

• Previous Minecraft Usernames (if applicable):

JazzyPlayzYT

IIJazzyII

oxjazzybearxo

• What's your timezone?: AEST

• Are you staff on any other servers?:

Yes, I’m currently Manager on another server that’s still in development

I told Anon about this before applying to make sure it was ok.

• Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone? If you have discord, please list your full discord name and tag.

Yes I have a working mic and my discord is: Jazzy - Jazzy#6978

• Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?:

Yes I am able to record Minecraft videos with OBS

• Do you have a donator rank on any of our game modes?:

I have Emperor on Neptune

Void on Jupiter

2) Elaborate

2) Where are you most active on the Universe Server?:

I am mostly active on Neptune but if I had staff I would be on all gamemodes as it is a requirement for staff.

3) How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:

I am able to be on 10 - 35 hours a week as I have a lot of free time and I know that staff needs to put in at least 10 hours a week.

A weekly schedule of how much I could be active

Monday To Thursday: 11 am - 5 pm, 11:30 pm - 2 am

Friday: 11 am - Midnight

Saturday: 6:30pm - Midnight

Sunday 6:30pm - 2 am

4) Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details (if applicable):

No, I have not been banned on any server unless it was for removal of staff perms but as for breaking the rules and getting banned or punished no I haven’t on any server.

5) SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?:

I would ask them to message me on discord, so I am able to show them the proof of why they were muted as well as an explanation in more detail.

I would tell them they are able to buy an unmute on the store or make a ticket on the discord.

However, If they still believe the mute was a false mute after talking about it then I would advise them to make a report on the forums.

I understand that no matter how popular they are we need to treat everyone the same and not make any exceptions.

6) Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?:

Last year in Late February back when I was a Sr.Mod on Universe I was going through a bit of a rough time. I made the mistake of taking a week off without informing anyone of what I was going through or why I was inactive. By the time I told someone, it was already too late I was demoted from my position.

I dealt with it just by moving on I was offered a second chance by the now ex-staff member that demoted me. Unfortunately, he left only a week after I was demoted so my second chance didn’t really go well. I moved on to another server and upped my skills that I can now bring towards this server again.

I learnt that even if you're going through a rough time that you must stick to your responsibilities and promises you made and if it does get too much then telling your team is the second best thing.

7) Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? If not, please explain how you could do as staff even without having any previous experiences. (Minimum 200+ words):

CoolCraft
    Around the end of 2016, I had the opportunity to become staff on CoolCraft which I was admin on, which lasted about a month but never was fully released due to a lack of funds.

Skyworlds
    Then I moved on to Skyworlds in late 2017. I found Skyworlds through it getting advertised on another server I played. It looked like a cool skyblock server so I applied on September 17 and got accepted the next day. This was my first real taste of being a staff member and being able to help players out with whatever they needed and I enjoyed it so much. A month later I was promoted to Moderator which allowed me to now watch players and punish people who were breaking the rules.

This server was definitely the server I learnt a lot about being staff generally with watching players, learning how to punish players with the right punishments and the right time frame, learning to be calm and professional with any players to avoid any unneeded drama/situation. But on December 1st, 2017 Skyworlds merged with a different server owned by the same person who owned Skyworlds.

UniverseMC
    UniverseMC was the server that Skyworlds merged with so I joined that server already being a moderator and it was a lot different than I was used to on Skyworlds. UniverseMC had 4 gamemodes which all staff had to moderate, those gamemodes were Skyblock which I was used to then it also had Factions, Prisons and KitPvP. Which were all gamemodes which I have never really played on since I was only really a skyblock player. I had a lot adjusting to do with learning a lot of new rules I wasn’t used to but I managed and got the hang of it quickly.

This server was also my first time experiencing and learning what is screen sharing and learning how to screen share on Anydesk. I didn’t do much screen sharing though as I found myself recording everything when I was online so I would already have all the proof I needed to be able to punish players accordingly. In February 2018 I was promoted to Sr.Moderator but none of my jobs were different besides the fact I could now ipban players. On March 1st, 2018 I was demoted from this server due to the fact I was inactive for a week.

Dawnlight Network
    During my time on UniverseMC came Dawnlight Network which I joined through one of my friends who was the Owner of the server. The server was still in development so I was given Sr.Admin on January 20th, 2018 since the Owner has watched me be staff on UniverseMC and knew I was very capable of dealing with players and handle situations the best way possible.

Since the server was still in development I helped out a lot with server testing, creating warps, doing some of the staff permissions, helping with the server ranks, building some of the warps like the staff room to name a few. A month later I was promoted to Manager but my jobs didn’t change much but some new things I helped with was sorting out the staff requirements and accepting and denying staff applications. So a month goes by and I'm promoted to Co-Owner so I had most of the same jobs but I started running staff meetings every 2 weeks, changing around the staff placements, demoting and promoting people, I was a lot more involved.

My Co-Owner didn’t last long due to the fact that the Owner decided to leave his server to focus on UniverseMC which he was Moderator on. So he gave me Ownership of the server and discord. Shortly after I gained Ownership of Dawnlight Network the server was finally released and we had about 30-40 players on release. After a little while, Dawnlight went down due to Issues between people but it was recently restarted by a friend of mine who wanted to bring Dawnlight back. I agreed to be a Manager on there, I currently am still the Manager on Dawnlight.

TheAsylumMC

The last server I was staff on was TheAsylumMC which I joined through our Developer on Dawnlight Network and I was given Manager. But this didn’t last long due to an issue between the Owner of Asylum and the old Owner of Dawnlight so the server was never released due to that issue.

Discord Experience:

Olympus Gaming - Moderator (ended)

Skyworlds - Helper - Moderator - Owner (ended)

UniverseMC - Moderator - Sr.Moderator (ended)

Dawnlight Network - Sr.Admin - Owner - Manager (Current)

Discord Houses - Admin - Head Admin (current)

Gaming Lounge - Admin (current)

Voxel Designs - Support Team (current)

The Kindle - Admin (current)

Wasabi Squad - Moderator (ended)

Get Gaming - Co-Owner (current)

8) If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?:

I work 6 days a week with computers and finances, all day on weekends and night shift on weekdays.

My job involves sending out letters to customers when we are unable to process something due to a mistake in their documents or if the documents are unreadable. although if the customer has a good document, my job is to process their document and finalize it.
    It also involves Customer service as sometimes we have to call the customer to confirm some of their details.

So to simply put it I
    accept or deny customer records.

I guess hobby wise is that I draw a lot digitally. I'm pretty much a weeb so all I draw are anime girls and original character designs.

9) SCENARIO: You're on a busy game mode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a junior moderator for a hacker, someone then messages you on discord telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?:

I would be more focused on the hackers making sure that I record all the evidence I need to send to the upper staff. If either person is obviously hacking I would ban them accordingly for a week as I believe helpers can only ban people for that long.

Then I would move over to discord and kindly ask them to turn down the music if they don’t listen I would then proceed to kick the person out of the room.

If the person continues to come back and blast music then I would mute them. If helpers can’t mute then I would go ask a upper staff if they can mute them for me.

10) SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?:

I would ask them to message me on discord and give them my username so we can talk about the issue.

I would then apologize for the false punishment and let them know that the issue will be fixed soon.

I would then message a higher-up staff member letting them know what happened and the mistake I made and ask them if they are able to fix the punishment I gave them.

11) Anything else we should know?:

UniverseMC is a server that I have previously loved and would love to rejoin the community and help out again with the server.

Some of the qualities that I have that I would like to mention

Mature & Professional: Perhaps the most important to being staff. I am 21 and I’m extremely mature and professional, I know how to have a good time while still being firm. I don’t mess around in any serious situation and I know that I am able to keep the chat clean and enjoyable for everyone.

Hard worker: I work very hard with everything I do that is important I will give it my all. This is no exception. Should I be accepted, I would aim to exceed expectations by putting in countless hours to the server and doing whatever I can to help out.

Communication & Kindness: I believe that I am a very friendly person to everyone, I hate for people to feel left out and I always have other people’s best interests in mind. I respect everyone and I am never disrespectful to anyone on the server, discord or the forums.

Fast Learner: I pick up on things really quickly. If there is a situation in which I need to learn something new, I will make sure I practice a lot to understand it completely.

Some other things I wanted to mention

Activeness: I am fully aware that my activity is not the greatest on the server or the discord but I’m starting to get back into Universe since I now have a lot of free time on my hands.

That’s all I have to say and I hope you enjoyed reading my application

If you made it this far, You've just read 2155 words.

#1 Jazzy, May 14, 2019
    Last edited: May 15, 2019
    Tank likes this.
  2. Strixii

Strixii Member

Hey! @Jazzy, after an evaluation of your application, here are my suggestions:

Add more detail to your answers (especially to the scenario questions)

Use a more appealing color scheme

Be more active network-wide (Discord, Minecraft, Twitter etc)

For more tips you can check out this really helpful guide ↡
    https://universemc.us/threads/guide-to-having-a-decent-application.5826/

Alternatively you can also utilize the official writing guide
    https://universemc.us/threads/staff-application-writing-guide.864/

Additional comments:

Hi Jazzy, either I'm late to the party or you're not as active. But nevertheless change is always a start, be sure to be more active network-wide and also use a different color scheme, your current one really strains my eyes.

Best of luck!
    - Strixii

3. Jazzy

Jazzy Member

Hey thank you for the feedback :)

I added slightly more detail but not too much as I can't think of anything to add on. I also spaced out the scenario questions so it's easier to read.

I don't know if the dark blue or the pink was the one straining your eyes but I've changed the blue to a more light blue so it's easier to see. I hope that helps.

I've been mainly more active recently on Minecraft ( skyblock ), I know I don't talk much on discord but I'm working on that. I do read everything though so I am very up to date on everything but yeah I know I need to work on talking more.

4. aggames3000YT

aggames3000YT Junior Mod
    Junior Mod

Hello jazzy I have read your application and I will be staying neutral on it but you have a good application great detail you are fairly active due to you having a job and you do help players to the best of your knowledge!

You also have great staff experience and being a past staff member helps a lot because it shows you know the server well!

I wish you the best of luck with your application.

-Brandon

5. Jazzy

Jazzy Member

Thank you :)

6. UserNumberJuan

UserNumberJuan Network Manager
    Manager

DENIED - Hello, Jazzy
    Your application has been intensely reviewed and the management team and has decided to deny your app you may reapply in 2 weeks.

Good application but overall activity needs to be improved.

-UserNumberJuan