Join other players on play.universemc.us

Denied Intubated's Staff Application [Edited]

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by Intubated, Apr 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Intubated

Intubated Member

Username:
    Intubated

Previous Names:
    For Uni: Akoeppel, and MrBigMuffin121

Timezone:
    NA-EST

Current Staff:
    I'm not staffing anywhere currently.

Discord:
    Yes, I have a decent mic
    Discord: Intubated#9213

Recording:
    Yes, I have OBS and can record most games at 60fps, with ~720p and up.

Donator:
    No, I'm not currently a donator, but I'm looking into becoming one.

Elaborate:

Most Active:
    Probably Mars realm, but I'm willing to put time into Neptune as well. I like skyblock, and the people there are far less toxic.

Time Contribution: (Edited for PenguinNerd for specifics)
    Current Schedule:
    M: 3:30pm-5:30pm, then 7:30pm-10pm
    T: 6pm-10pm
    W: 5pm-10pm
    T: 1pm-10pm (depending on the day)
    F: 3:30pm-5:30pm, then 7:30pm-10pm
    Weekends:
    As much time as I can afford. Most weekends I'll spend ~5 hours/day online. Usually during the early afternoon through late night hours. I'm on whenever I can be from 10am-10pm.
    Note: These times are assuming the next 3 weeks until my semester ends for school. Once the semester ends I'll be on much more often.

Previous Punishments:
    I haven't been punished on any servers in recent memory. No bans, no mutes, I prefer to just lay back and help people. I was muted forever ago on badlion for talking trash and being a generally toxic 12-year-old, but other than that I think that I'm a generally nice guy.

SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?

I would check the rules before muting anyone to ensure that they're actually breaking a rule. Once they're muted it is their job to deal with it, not mine. If they continued to spam me, I'd tell them to follow uni's strike system and move from a 30m to a 1hr mute. If they continued past that then I'd mute them for 1d. If they persisted, I'd permanently mute them, or ask a mod+ what to do.

Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?

I recently went out driving this past winter, and crashed my motorcycle. It was a cold day, but it wasn't snowy or slushy, so I thought I could get away with taking a ride. I was wrong. I hit a patch of ice that was a one in a million, and had to put my bike down. I chewed up my helmet, all of my gear, and dislocated and broke my left arm. It took me a while to bounce back from that, but I think that it was overall good for me. I'm a lot more cautious now, and I weigh the pros and cons of things far more than I would otherwise. Something about near-death experiences do that to you.

Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? If not, please explain how you could do as staff even without having any previous experiences?

I've been staff on several servers, most of which are down now. I haven't really played much Minecraft in the past few years, and just started getting back into it 6 months ago. I prefer to be a Helper-->Sr. Mod, as they help people in game without having to worry about all of the background behind-the-scenes type stuff. I just like to help people and keep things running smoothly. I don't like to have to worry about developing and plugins and all that. I think that I'd be a great addition to your team in that I've had experience, I'm not toxic, and I'm able to be fair in my punishments. I find that a lot of servers nowadays hire anyone to become staff, and I think that Uni is the exception, and I'd like to be a part of that exception.

If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?

I'm a big sports guy. I play football, I do indoor and outdoor track and field, I'm president of the chess club at my school, I'm a member of the security council in my schools Model U.N., and I'm a part of the mock trial team at my school. I love to be outside and go fishing, kayaking, hiking, the works. I love riding around on my motorcycle and cruising around seeing the world. To balance that though, I really enjoy just sitting inside at my computer watching Netflix and playing games. So I've always got the time to play a little Minecraft.

SCENARIO: You're on a busy game mode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a junior moderator for a hacker, someone then messages you on discord telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?

Assuming I have the perms, I first mute the player blasting music in the discord. I then forcetp in /v to the player that is cheating and record them to have evidence. If I felt that they were hacking, I would dm/ping a moderator to let them know that there is a potential cheater, and send them the evidence that I recorded.

SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?

Firstly, I'd like to hope that I know the rules well enough to not make a false punishment. That being said, we all make mistakes. I would tell the four players spamming me that the evidence against the player I punished is up for review, send it to them if they request it (assuming uni's TOS allows that) and satiate them that way. If they continued to spam me, I would remind them that:​
    a.) Spamming me isn't going to change my mind
    b.) I gave the punishment as I saw fit, and it is in the hand of my superiors to resolve it
    c.) They can make an appeal on the forums
    d.) I cannot go around unbanning/unmuting everyone that says that it's a false punishment​

Anything else we should know?

I think I'd be a great addition to your staff team. I'm fairly competent, knowledgeable, and I'm active during my time zone as well as others. I've talked around online and I think that a lot of people like me, and feel that I'm fair. I think things through quickly, and I hope my application is accepted.

#1 Intubated, Apr 17, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
  2. PenguinNerd

PenguinNerd Fluffy Penguin <3

Hello, @Intubated Here are some Suggestions.

Suggestions:
    - Become more Globally Active and well-known in the community as you're new to the network (Forums, Discord, All Server Platforms, and Twitter if applicable)
    - Add more detail and elaborate more on the scenario questions, as they're slightly lacking detail
    - Add a Color Scheme with 2 corresponding colors, so your application will look more appealing to your viewers (Example: Blue and Orange)
    - Elaborate more on your schedule, as it's quite vague (Make a full-length schedule of the week)

Best of Luck.
    -Penguin

Dorito_ and SourPatchSkidz like this.
  3. Intubated

Intubated Member

Thanks for the suggestions and for looking at my application, I've edited it but Im not sure if it changes anything. Thanks again! :)

4. SourPatchSkidz

I agree

5. RoboticSavage

RoboticSavage Restricted
    Muted

After intensely reviewing your application we have decided you will have 3 days to complete these flaws on your application:
    - Q7: Failure of meeting 200+ words.

Other than that your activity is flaw-less.

You will have 3 days for us to see you have met these requirements or your application will be denied.

Thanks.

6. J0NBE4R

J0NBE4R Retired Admin

DENIED - Hello there!

Your application has been intensely reviewed by the management team and it has been decided to deny your application, you may reapply in 1 week.

Be sure to look at our writing guide, this will help you when writing any application you may choose to create in the future. Also, check out our general requirements.

For these reasons your application has been denied:
    - Failed to meet requirements.

Please take care to fix this up when creating your next staff application in 1 week.

Thanks, Management.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.