Join other players on play.universemc.us

Accepted ImWeed's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by ImWeed, Jun 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImWeed

ImWeed Network Helper
    Helper

1) Simple Information
    • Minecraft Username: ImWeed

• Previous Minecraft Usernames (if applicable): FreddieCRD, 69tf

• What's your timezone?: BST

• Are you staff on any other servers?: Not currently, however I have been staff on Uni before I resigned.

• Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone? If you have discord, please list your full discord name and tag. Example; Example#1234: Im dyslexi©#8712

• Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?: Yes.
    I have OBS for recording
    Gyazo for screenshots.

• Do you have a donator rank on any of our game modes?: Yes.
    I have Ghoul on Jupiter
    Neptune on Mars.

2) Elaborate
    2) Where are you most active on the Universe Server?: I am most active on Jupiter as I personally enjoy the factions aspect and most of my friends play on Jupiter with me, however when the new Mars season begins I will be playing that quite a lot. I also used to play a lot of sky block however recently I've been focused on factions.

3) How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:
    Mondays : Anywhere from 2:00pm - 10pm (Around 8hrs)

Tuesdays : Anywhere from 5pm - 10pm (Around 5hrs

Wednesday : Anywhere from 2:00pm - 10pm (Around 8hrs)

Thursday : Anywhere from 2:00pm - 10pm (Around 8hrs)

Friday : Anywhere from 6pm -Late (Depends how long I want to stay up)

Saturday : How ever long I want

Sunday : How ever long I want

4) Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details (if applicable): Not that I know of.

5) SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?: I would first tell them why I have muted them and why it is against the rules, if needed I will send them a screenshot of the rules which are posted on the forums and send it to them on discord. If they continue to cause problems after that I would tell them to make a punishment appeal on the forums if they feel it is unjust and that I have punished them incorrectly, this will allow me to further review the evidence and potentially reduce the punishment if justified. However I have a high tolerance so if they continue to spam me telling me to unmute them without taking into account what I have already told them I will just simply continue on watching the server as I know that after a while they will get bored and accept their punishment or they will appeal on forums, the reason why I wouldn't punish them again for spamming me on messages is purely because I understand where they are coming from and that it is frustrating when getting punished.

6) Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?: The most recent mistake I made this year was not revising hard enough for my end of year A level mocks, these mocks are very important for me as they effectively determine which University I can apply for. Fortunately I managed to pass them. The way In which I dealt with my lack of work was by putting in the hard hours even when I didn't even need to work and I managed to catch up with all the work that I had either missed out or just not looked at. The lesson I learnt from this was that putting in small amounts of work when its due is better then doing long hard hours of making up because I was too lazy to do it in the first place, this is very useful in many different aspects of life and would even be useful when being a staff member, this is because I will now be able to reach the threshold of punishments each week (if there still is one) comfortably and will allow me to make the server a better place.

7) Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? If not, please explain how you could do as staff even without having any previous experiences. (Minimum 200+ words):

MINECRAFT / DISCORD

I have had multiple leadership and server moderation experiences previously on many different Minecraft servers and discord servers; Firstly as I have already mentioned further up in the application I used to be staff on Uni where I managed to get to Mod or Jr Mod before I resigned. The reason I did this was due to the fact that I found it difficult to manage my time as I was doing some important exams at the time which personally took priority for me and it was difficult for me to reach the 20 punishment quota which was in place at that time (not sure if that is still a thing) . I have also had many different server staff roles. I have been manager for a server where I had to use many different PEX commands and was faced with a lot of challenges whilst staff, this has helped me broaden my understanding of the importance of staff and how to use the commands properly when they are needed to. This also allowed me to create a better and safer server for everyone to play on also allowing them to enjoy themselves without having someone constantly spamming in chat or advertising. I also used to be a discord manager for a discord that no longer is around, however it had a member base of around 1,000 people and I used to manage the events that happened on the discord server which consisted of karaoke events, random giveaways for gift cards and I would also do the interviews for new staff applicants. I have also been staff on many of my friends old servers which would have a player base of around 50

SPORTS

Furthermore I have been captain of the First XI Football team and tennis team at my school where we had an unbeaten season in football this meant a lot as it is very difficult to win over 20 matches without losing a single match and on top of that I was the captain this meant that I was very highly praised by all the coaches, teachers and even other teams from different schools, Also we only lost one match in tennis this meant that I was given an extremely good report on my sporting achievements which have enabled me to get the top scholarship at my current school. This has allowed me to develop a lot of leadership skills and qualities which are needed for helping others improve their abilities in what they are good at and also in things that they enjoy but are not so talented in.

OVERALL

All these tasks and achievements have helped me to become a better leader in general, it has helped me improve my ability to think on the spot during highly intense moments or key parts in the football match when we need a goal to win, also this has helped me improve my ability to get jobs done when they are needed to be done without any hassle, difficulties or resistance. This has allowed me to have more fun throughout my past few years because people have learnt to trust me and they know I will get things done when needed to.

(536 Words, 2,872 Characters)

8) If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?:

-=-Football-=-
    I have got multiple hobbies which I enjoy participating in outside of Minecraft. Such as I am the captain for the First XI Football team at my school (Soccer), I was in the First XI team two years ago when I was the youngest on the team by 3 years.

-=-Squash-=-

I also participate in a game called squash where I play in multiple tournaments which I currently has a win loss of 13-4. I also enjoy going to the gym when I do not have any other sport commitments.

-=-Outside-=-

I also enjoy going out with my friends to parties in the evenings when nothing is on. Although I have all these commitments I would still be able to manage my time in order to get a minimum of around 6 hours a day if needed.

9) SCENARIO: You're on a busy game mode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a junior moderator for a hacker, someone then messages you on discord telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?: Firstly I would begin to prioritise in order of urgency in this case I would consider the hacker to be more important as they can cause a lot of anger between players if they kill someone. Therefore I would ask politely if the person in discord can wait as Im dealing with a hacker on the server. I would then also dm a Jr Mod to get them to come online and help me out. However in the worst possible case if no JrMod is available to come on and get the hacker I will turn on OBS and spectate them staffmode, this means not only will I have the evidence but me being a helper I will have the ability to punish them according to the guidelines. After that I will then join the discord room where the player is blasting loud music and calmly ask them to either turn it off or turn it down, If I they decide to ignore my request I will then punish them on discord by muting them for 5 Mins and wait to see if they have stopped after the five mins. If they haven't stopped after the five mins I will increase the mute and so on. I will also apologize to the player in the discord due to the fact that I wasn't able to help them instantly and check that everything is ok.

10) SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?: The way in which I would sort this out the mistake I have made is by firstly doing my best at calming the argument, this is because when a mistake is made arguments usually add more fuel to the fire and this can drag out the process of sorting things out easily and instead make them more tedious and harder to sort out I would also publicly announce the mistake I have made to those who were involved in order to make it known that I understand and have learnt from my mistake, the reason why I would do this is because hopefully people will recognize that I have understood my mistake and therefor potentially calm down, after I have managed to calm the argument I will then either dm or verbally apologize to the player saying that I am sorry for the mistake I made and that I will get the punishment removed. I will also apologize for the mistake I have made. If this mistakes results in a strike I will accept the strike and I will further learn from my mistakes.

11) Anything else we should know?:

1) I am a very friendly player and I believe that everyone can be improved no matter how big their mistake is this is because I believe that everyone is too quick to judge someone else by the way they talk or how they play and they never realise how nice or polite the person is.

2) I will help anyone with anything they need help with. This is within the boarders so that it would not be classified as abuse. I feel as though the staff should help the new players out more often and not be so redundant to do so.

3) I am also fairly quick at touch typing as I have done it for a very long period of my life, I also talk to anyone on voice chat even I don't know the person.

5) I can also speak a bit of French

-ImWeed

#1 ImWeed, Jun 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
    CloudClient likes this.
  2. ItsJoes

ItsJoes Network Helper
    Helper

Great Applicant in general. Has had a ton of experience in his time and is great at what he does. The application does need a little bit of work, however. Goodluck!

ImWeed likes this.
  3. ImWeed

ImWeed Network Helper
    Helper

Thank you I will re read it and apply extra info where needed.

4. pxlize

pxlize ( ありがと )

Hello @69tf,
    Your application looks well rounded overall. I can't really see anything major to change.

Good luck.

ImWeed likes this.
  5. AuldUpBeat

AuldUpBeat Member

Great applicant in general. Really chill in-game and would love to see him on the staff team. Best of Luck!

ImWeed likes this.
  6. Xilas

Xilas Member

69tf (ImWeed) is a bot, but a good bot. Best of luck <3

ImWeed likes this.
  7. Angry_Pineapple1

Excellent Application! Well written and formatted (easy to read) and meets all of the requirements!
    +1

ImWeed likes this.
  8. Dorito_

Dorito_ Trial Administrator
    Trial Administrator

Hey @69tf, after reviewing your application, I have come up with the following suggestion:

» Possibly add a bit more detail to questions 5, 6 and 10

Other than that your application seems like it was written very well! Good job!

Good luck on your application ;)

-Dorito

ImWeed likes this.
  9. ImWeed

ImWeed Network Helper
    Helper

Will try add some more detail to those questions, Thank you.

10. mebigjamie

mebigjamie Pending

Hello @69tf after reviewing your application I've decided upon some things that could possibly help with your application,
    • Increase detail for all scenario questions
    • Increase activity on all platforms, including both in game and on social platforms
    Otherwise, everything else seems fine!
    ~mebigjamie

ImWeed likes this.
  11. ImWeed

ImWeed Network Helper
    Helper

Thank you fo these pointers, I will do my best to increase the scenarios and activity.

12. CloudClient

CloudClient Member

good application +1

ImWeed likes this.
  13. PvPTimeYT

PvPTimeYT Member

i likey

ImWeed likes this.
  14. ImWeed

ImWeed Network Helper
    Helper

Thank you Cloud

15. ImWeed

ImWeed Network Helper
    Helper

Thank you PvPTimeYT

16. BrandonGaming33

obviously has a lot of experience with both jupiter and mars which is good, and the application is well writen
    +1

ImWeed likes this.
  17. UserNumberJuan

UserNumberJuan Network Manager
    Manager

Interview - Hello, ImWeed
    Your application has been intensely reviewed and the management team and has decided to put your app to Interview stage.

Please PM me on the forums or on discord (DiscordUserNumberJuan#6437) to schedule your interview.

-UserNumberJuan

18. ImWeed

ImWeed Network Helper
    Helper

Thank you Brandon.

19. Acceptation

Good luck with your interview ;)

ImWeed likes this.
  20. ImWeed

ImWeed Network Helper
    Helper

Thank you