Join other players on play.universemc.us

Denied Iitee's Staff application

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by LiteB, Feb 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LiteB

LiteB Member

1) Simple Information

• Minecraft Username: Iitee (will change as soon as possible)

• Previous Minecraft Usernames (if applicable):https://namemc.com/search?q=IItee

• What's your timezone?: GMT +2

• Age: I am currently 15 years old but I am turning 16 in less than 3 weeks.

• Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone?:Yes, I do

• Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?: Yes, I do.

• Do you have a donator rank on any of our game modes?: Yes, I have Apollo on Mars and Nebula on Jupiter

• What is your full discord name? Example: Example#1234: Lite#3657

2) Elaborate

2) Where are you most active on the Universe Server?: I am the most active on faction realms since I am an OG factions player and I prefer factions instead of skyblock.

3) How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: Weekdays I would be able to contribute around 1-3 hours a day and on weekends I would be able to contribute anywhere from 2-8 hours a day.

4) Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details (if applicable): Yes, I have been banned for pre-stacking more than 7 shots on a cannon but I did not do anything related to hacking or having any unfair advantages against other players.

5) SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?: I would politely tell them that they have broken the rule and received the punishment for it and that nothing is going to change doesn't matter how much they argue the punishment will stay there if it was not false for which I would have proof.

6) Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?: I made a mistake around two weeks ago when there was a project in my school and we had to prepare a presentation about flaws in nowadays education and I looked up the wrong information and had to re-do 3 slides worth of information which I did and the presentation ended up being pretty good and I learned that I should always double check before I start doing anything.

7) Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? If not, please explain how you could do as staff even without having any previous experiences. (Minimum 200+ words): I do, I was staff on multiple servers: OstiaPvP, PvPCloud, DaedricMC, Frontier Factions, and OkiMC. Every single server that I was staff on I tried to do my best and help the community as much as I could and it paid off since I was promoted to Sr Mod on <Server Name> in less than 5 months (did not have a lot of staff experience before that) so I was pretty proud of it. On PvPCloud I resigned as a Moderator since the owner of the server was bias and abused for certain factions and I did not tolerate it and left. On DaedricMC I was a helper and I helped with testing bugs and making some of the kits, giving suggestions on how to improve the server and recruiting faction leaders to play, Frontier and Oki were pretty much the same since I was promoted to moderator straight away because TeNsta (owner of OstiaPvP) knew what I am capable of as well as the managers so I did not need to apply for that position. Frontier lasted for around 2 seasons and I think I could have done better since I was dealing with school and couldn't be on as much and OkiMC flopped after 1 day but in that 1 evening I managed to ban around 5 hackers who were using hacked clients(Found in SS) and around 100 alts who were botting that would be it for my staff experience.

8) If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?: I have multiple hobbies and activities one of my favorites is going on a walk with my dog, she's favorite being on the planet and I love to do anything with her, besides that I love to go out with my friends, ride bicycles, go for a run, and just spend time in the outdoors since I live by the river and nearby some lakes, besides that I enjoy coding even though I am still learning the language I still enjoy it when I get it right.

9) SCENARIO: You're on a busy game mode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a junior moderator for a hacker, someone then messages you on discord telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?: First off, I grade them from fastest to longest (the amount of time they take to accomplish) so the first thing I would do is answer questions in game and then rapidly go over into a discord channel to check if someone was blasting music in someone's channel if they are, I punish them accordingly and while being there I check if there are any Jr Moderators in discord voice channels if there are, I join the channel, make sure they are not resolving some kind of an issue or helping another player and ask them to deal with those hackers and after that I would go back in- game and try to answer all the questions that came my way.

10) SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?: As soon as I realize that I have made a false punishment I would instantly go to a higher staff member and ask them to remove it, then I would message every single person that has been messaging me about the false punishment that It was my fault and that it will be corrected shortly.

11) Anything else we should know?: I would love to add that I am an experienced factions player which means that I will be able to help new people, I am also a cannoner so I would be able to help people with that, I still remember all of the helper - admin commands, and I am a non-toxic person when it comes to holding back, I am very active and get on the server daily, I don't take the game too seriously and I think that gives me an edge as a staff member, besides that it is really hard to get under my skin.

#1 LiteB, Feb 12, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  2. Torque

Torque Member

Heyo Lite!
    Here are some suggestions and a bit of constructive criticism!

• You are missing a lot of detail
    • Your entire application is a run on sentence
    • It is relatively hard to read due to color choice
    However you do have some upsides to your application!!! Here are a few.
    • Exceededs age requirement
    • Shows direction following skills
    • Fairly active
    • Knows the community
    Best regards!
    -Torque

3. LiteB

LiteB Member

Could you please tell me which parts lack detail so I could improve them?

4. Torque

Torque Member

Let me rephrase, it needs more organization and it has a few grammar mistakes such as the difference between to and too

5. LiteB

LiteB Member

Could you pinpoint the places where I misused to and too? Sorry if I am asking for too much I just can't find it myself

6. Torque

Torque Member

For example your availability you should list it instead of in paragraph form.

7. PenguinNerd

PenguinNerd Fluffy Penguin <3

Hello, @LiteB Here are some Suggestions.

Suggestions:
    - Become more Globally Active (Forums, Discord, All Server Platforms, and Twitter if applicable)
    - Add more detail to the scenario questions, as they are severely lacking detail
    - Become less toxic, as in the community you've been quite known for toxicity towards other players and staff
    - Change the Color Scheme a little, as your questions are a little hard to read due to the dark green
    - Fix Major Grammar Mistakes throughout your application, such as run on sentences and comma splices

Best of Luck.
    -Penguin

8. Darknetic

Darknetic Member

Suggestion
    - Be more active on discord and Forums
    - Be more organized in your post like on Question 7 list your server in different parts instead of 1 whole paragraph

9. LiteB

LiteB Member

Thank you for the suggestions, when it comes to toxicity like i said in my application i can hold back and not be toxic and my toxicity comes only in certain situations

10. Zarinaw

Zarinaw Magical Unicorn <3
    Junior Mod

I would have to agree with Penguin on these suggestions.
    - Space out your application more as it looks really packed up, it would make it look cleaner.

Good Luck!
    ~ Zarinaw

11. LiteB

LiteB Member

thanks for the suggestion, will have that in mind!

12. Darknetic

Darknetic Member

Suggestion
    - implement the ideas into your application

13. ShadeyPvP

ShadeyPvP Staff Member

Hey, @LiteB! I would've given you some suggestion but others already stated them, try to use them! Good luck :)

14. LiteB

LiteB Member

Thank you, I will need it xD!

15. yoursooonice

yoursooonice Member

Lacks detail, I recommend you spend more time on this, there’s also some grammar mistakes throughout this application. And last thing try to be less toxic! -1 from me for now

16. ItzzzAviator

ItzzzAviator Pines 18’

Decent application, overall good besides the grammar and spelling mistakes. Just make sure to dial the toxicity down and you’re good to go. Good luck

17. Dnoxal

Dnoxal Network Staff

Suggestions
    Be more globally
    Add some more detail to your app
    Be more mature

18. LiteB

LiteB Member

Thanks for the suggestion, i used grammarly so i'm not sure where are these mistakes, I have stopped being toxic ehen the map ended so i don't think that i am going to be toxic next map aka this saturday

19. AwesomeBroDude

AwesomeBroDude Riven Main

Hello @LiteB! Here are some suggestions.

- Be more globally active. I've only seen you in game.
    - Change your questions to a neutral color as it is hard to read.
    - Scenario questions lacking detail.

Side Notes

- As I've been staff with you before, I didn't see you very much on OstiaPvp. You seemed like you did your job, but I want to see you on a lot more.

Good luck
    - Jake

20. LiteB

LiteB Member

Yeah, i was a SR mod and i was only in /v and when both of us were staff i was struggling with school so that might be one of the reasons and I sure need to increase my activity on forums but I have improved on discord, thanks for the suggestions!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.