Join other players on play.universemc.us

Denied iEATchEESe's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by Chloe, Jul 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chloe

Chloe Member

1) Simple Information

Minecraft Username:

iEATchEESEe

What's your timezone?:

Pacific Time

14 almost 15

• Are you staff on any other servers?:

No

Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone? If you have discord, please list your full discord name and tag. Example; Example#1234:

Yes. I do have a working microphone. My discord username is Chloe#6890. Please feel free to dm me at any given time.

Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?:

Yes.

Do you have a donator rank on any of our game modes?:

No, but I'm thinking of getting one

2) Elaborate

2) Where are you most active on the Universe Server?:

Factions.

3) How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:

Every Day for at least 2 or more hours

4) Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details (if applicable):

I have not been banned on any server.

5) SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?:

I would politely say, I am asking you to stop because if you don't I have the power and right to temporarily ban you for Staff Disrespect. I made that choice to mute you, and nothing will relapse that because its what I personally thought was right. If a higher staff member tells me to unmute you. I will not unmute without telling the higher staff what happened and why I muted that player.

6) Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?:

One thing I have learned from past mistakes is when to ask for help. I have learned that it is far better to ask for clarification and solve an issue right away than to be unsure. I know that your server emphasizes respect among others and the need to sometimes be in constant communication with one another, and I think my ability to ask (and answer) questions might help you, hopefully. When thinking about my mistakes, I remember this quote my grandfather told me: “All men make mistakes, but only wise men learn from their mistakes.” Winston Churchill.

7) Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? If not, please explain how you could do as staff even without having any previous experiences.

So I have participated in a class that was basically we came up with activities and made them happen to keep in mind that some people might not like that activity. I think that this would help me be a better staff. Another time I have been a leader is at school. As a school, we do a lot of hiking. And while we were hiking a couple of students and I got lost from the rest of the group. I took the lead of the small group of 6 students I led the group down the mountain down to the rest of our group. This has helped me be a leader and I know I can put my leadership into being staff. There are some other times like when some people in a group chat started yelling at each other. In this situation, I had to calm everyone down and prevent the situation from escalating. This would help me as a staff because I know how to prevent problems from escalating. As a staff member I would be given responsibilities and I can respect those responsibilities and not be irresponsible with them.

8) If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?:

Activities I enjoy are; ultimate frisbee, soccer, helping others. I do a lot of outside activities.

9) SCENARIO: You're on a busy game mode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a junior moderator for a hacker, someone then messages you on discord telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?:

I would first of all contact the junior moderators and politely ask them if they can turn down the music bot. Then, I would go into the staff chat and ask a junior moderator or a moderator to ask about the hacker.

10) SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?:

If I made an incorrect punishment I would tell them: Until you have given me some proof showing that I've made an incorrect punishment, you will continue to be banned. If you have given me some reasonable proof, I will remove their punishment and apologize for my mistake.

11) Anything else we should know?:

Not really. If you have any more questions please tell me on my discord

#1 Chloe, Jul 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  2. Chloe

Chloe Member

I didn't realize that there was a website

3. UserNumberJuan

UserNumberJuan Network Manager
    Manager

I enjoyed the quote, but are you even active on the server?

4. Ethan

Ethan HackedAccounts

[-1] Lack of effort

5. Chloe

Chloe Member

Yes. I just haven't been active the past few days because of a family emergency. But after that's over I will be doing my work for the server.

6. Chloe

Chloe Member

Could you tell me where the lack of effort is?

7. GamerClick

GamerClick VeryEpic

Hi Chloe
    I would recommend adding a color scheme so its easier to read
    Add all around detail to your application especially meeting the 200+ word requirement on question 7.
    Be more globally active.
    Best of Luck!​

8. Chloe

Chloe Member

Ok!

9. Chloe

Chloe Member

Hello! I have added a color scheme and some detail to question 7.

10. UserNumberJuan

UserNumberJuan Network Manager
    Manager

DENIED - Hello,
    Your application has been intensely reviewed and the management team and has decided to deny your app you may
    reapply in 2 weeks.

More Detail + Scenarios.

-UserNumberJuan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.