Join other players on play.universemc.us

I want opinions! :)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Cosmoissues, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Cosmoissues

Cosmoissues Pro mineman

Do you guys think one thing should be held to a player for so long? Some players have experiences, some may be known for scamming or toxicity, or just being an overall bad person, or maybe it's just one bad thing that's held to them for their entirety playing a server. In my case, I do admit what I did was wrong but it's been months now and I'm having one major thing held against me, I abused a little over 2 months ago as a Junior Moderator here on UniverseMC and I was wondering what you guys think, should I be forgiven, should they really hold this against me? Every time I've applied I've been denied for this same reason over and over again since then. I cannot show that I've changed if they don't allow it, do you guys think I should be forgiven and this should be not forgotten necessarily but not held against me. Also, another thing I joked a few times as staff because I was helper for a really long time so a few times I'd be like "Oh well, I'm resigning if I don't get the promo this week" but this was as a joke and I made that known by saying I was kidding soon afterwards. So, please give opinions I'd love to hear what the people that actually play the server have to say.

Also, I'd like to say I very much have changed since then I had a few strikes due to toxicity because I really was toxic back then, but I've changed a lot since then and am truly very sorry for what I've done and anything personal against any player or staff I've apologized to them personally and asked for forgiveness, I truly have changed and anyone who plays with me or talks to me normally can vouch that I have changed. (This is an edit btw, forgot to add it the first time around my bad :) )

Note: Sorry for the grammatical errors :)

ksklboys2 likes this.
  2. Zoxide

Zoxide Resigned staff
    Helper

I think you should be forgiven.

3. Cosmoissues

Cosmoissues Pro mineman

Yeah me too but for some reason the admins don't :eek:

4. gpbOP

gpbOP Member

5. Cosmoissues

Cosmoissues Pro mineman

So, I abused. I'm guessing you feel like I shouldn't be forgiven? If not how do you suggest I show I've changed? :)

6. BrandonGaming33

depends on what the person has done, for abusing you shouldn't be allowed to be staff again in my opinion

7. Cosmoissues

Cosmoissues Pro mineman

And why's that? As I said people do change, and I have.

8. Toxico

Toxico Member

I mean @ItsJoes abuses, half the staff are <Swear Word>, rules are <Swear Word>, staff activity is <Swear Word> - Why not let one of the better staff come back. Also people can change, staff over here just don’t allow it.

9. Toxico

Toxico Member

Idfk what I just wrote

10. Cosmoissues

Cosmoissues Pro mineman

xD

11. B1ackmailed

B1ackmailed Member

Hello, @Cosmoissues

I honestly do agree with you and the majority of comments on this post. As many people have said that I can be biased towards Cosmo but now is not one of those times. Like many incidents on UniverseMC many people have had similar situations with titles being put on them by other players in the community for bad things they've done, but for some reason, nobody is actually willing to take off those titles and forgive what has happened and that makes me sick. I believe he DESERVES a second chance along with many members of this community. I personally believe everyone, I mean EVERYONE deserves a second chance for the things they've done especially if they put an enormous amount of work into receiving it and if you are not willing to give the one, YOU, in all honesty, do not deserve one.

Sincerely, B1ackmailed.

12. Zoxide

Zoxide Resigned staff
    Helper

+1

13. Toxico

Toxico Member

LOL, he should get another chance @Cosmoissues -> https://gyazo.com/d4d84c0eaf892e8907cf58debc18acc7?token=62a1c1087e3308d8c772894aa0007c5f

14. Jokester

Jokester Network Moderator

I believe that things should not be held against you for a long time. At some point you should be forgiven. I personlly think u should be so best of luck!

15. HacksRUs

HacksRUs Ghoul

Personally, I do not think that you should be given a second chance, due to the severity of your offences.. The majority of criminals who come out on parole and get out of prison are back on the streets committing the same crimes over again.

There is nothing preventing a known scammer / abuser from doing the same thing again.You should have thought about the repercussions of staff abuse before you decided to make the wrong choices.

16. Zilexavay

Zilexavay Member

Hi,

I think the process of maturing and learning is key to anyone's development as they go through life and age. That being said, I would take into account actions committed, the context and your current level of experience on the server to gauge whether you had a better understanding of how you should act but chose instead to not follow it. But also, I think mercy is a key aspect we should all maintain, however this depends on the severity of actions committed.

Just my two cents. I hope this response was helpful.

Zilexavay

17. Cosmoissues

Cosmoissues Pro mineman

Scamming is allowed on the server when i scammed you i was not staff so please quit going on about that! And this also has nothing to do with prison and stuff of that severity i simply teleported to a player I didn't do anything to harm anyone or anything, this wasn't severe abuse such as mass banning random players not sure why you think they should hold it to me!

18. Dnoxal

Dnoxal Network Staff

I believe you should be forgiven.

19. Cosmoissues

Cosmoissues Pro mineman

Thanks!

20. HacksRUs

HacksRUs Ghoul

You teleported to that player with the intent of getting coords to raid them. This gives you an unfair advantage through the permissions of a staff member. I would trust the word of the Managers and their decisions.