Join other players on play.universemc.us

I (Better) Staff Application Guide

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dnoxal, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Dnoxal

Dnoxal Network Staff

Whoa there. I suppose your either here to become 'Globally active' To respond to this in the future for messages, or maybe even because you might want to apply for staff on UniverseMC. Well, your in luck, as I've made a NEW and IMPROVED staff application guide that is far more superior then anyone else's, even Mr.Kaz. So sit back, relax and let your tryhard JrMod talk about how to obtain staff!
    So. Your on the forums, and have decided you want to apply for the helper position. Here's what you need to become staff:
    -Global Activity
    -Maturity and Professionalism
    -Add Effort and Detail
    -Get to know the community more
    -Fixing Grammar issues/spelling mistakes
    So, let's talk about each and one of these.
    ----------------------------------------=Global Activity=----------------------------------------
    Globally activity is one of the most important aspects of become staff. So what is it? Global activity is when your active on all platforms, including discord, and all of the realms on the server. Even if you don't play, try to log on for a few minutes every once and a while.

----------------------------------------=Maturity and Professionalism=----------------------------------------
    Maturity and Professionalism also is important when it comes to becoming staff. If you are accepted as a staff member, you are to set an example to those to want to become staff in the near future. Saying things such as 'LOL' 'OMG' etc are not considered professional as well as mature.

----------------------------------------Adding effort and Detail----------------------------------------

Effort and detail show that you are dedicated to becoming a staff member. Bolding text as well as adding a color scheme, adding detail to questions, etc shows that you are dedicated and are putting effort and detail into writing your application.

----------------------------------------Getting to know the community----------------------------------------

Knowing the community generally just is - playing the game. If you're new to the forums, or in game, you haven't really gotten to know the community that much. Before you apply, ask yourself this question: "Anyone know who <IGN> is?"

(Grammar/spelling counts mainly as effort)

Now, here is an example or two of what you should/shouldn't write:
    What you shouldn't be doing:
    IGN: Tentor idk why u ask this lol
    Timezone: No u Idk what timezone is I'm NA LMAO trash
    Why do you want to become a staff member? Bc I want power and perms so I can easily abuse lol please accept me :)
    This... Is garbage. Few things to point out are the follow:
    Make use of NameMc and link your IGN history.
    Don't use 'idk' 'lol' etc as it seems immature and unprofessional.
    Find out what timezone you are.
    Add detail on why you want to become staff. You must be dedicated to become staff on any server.
    What you should be doing:
    IGN: My current in game name is Tentor, but my pervious names can be seen here: https://namemc.com/profile/Tentor.5
    Timezone: As of right now, I'm in the EST timezone.
    Why do you want to become a staff member? I want to become a staff member because I want to help the community. I want all players to share the same experience, as it's not fair to those who get killed whilst fighting a hacker, or those who get spammed always. By becoming a staff member, I can make an impact on the community and make it hacker free and less toxic.

#1 Dnoxal, Jan 12, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
  2. Dnoxal

Dnoxal Network Staff

Not sure why some of it isn't centered :(

3. Zilexavay

Zilexavay Network Helper
    Helper

This is very helpful, thanks for posting! :)

4. MuslimPC

MuslimPC = > God himself < =

Thanks For the effort and time you spent ! :rolleyes:

5. Jokester

Jokester Member

Thanks man. You have been posting a lot of great helpful stuff. U deserve admin for all the effort you put in! Thanks!!!