Join other players on play.universemc.us

Denied GunshotXD's staff application

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by GunshotXD, Nov 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GunshotXD

GunshotXD Member

• Minecraft Username: GunshotXD

• Previous Minecraft Usernames (if applicable): Captainlongshot

• What's your timezone?: utc

• Are you staff on any other servers?: nope

• Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone? If you have discord, please list your full discord name and tag. Example; Example#1234: yes I have a working microphone and my discord is: ComradeGunz#2495

• Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?: yes I have a youtube channel I can upload on

• Do you have a donator rank on any of our game modes?: nope

2) Elaborate

2) Where are you most active on the Universe Server?: Skyblock

3) How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: It depends because I have school and I don't usually get home until about 6:00 and I have to do my homework so I may be able to do about 30mins to 1h but on Sundays I will be able to do longer maybe about 2-3h most likely.

4) Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details (if applicable): No I don't believe I have if I have then it was probably years ago and I cannot remember now.

5) SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?:
    I would likely say something like "I have made my decision wait until the mute has finished" or if it gets out of hand I would go find a higher ranking member of staff to help out. Of course if the mute was unfair I would probably unmute them.

6) Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?:
    some of my grades were not so good and so the way I learned was that if I do not try in my subject or feel as if I need help I should ask for help and try harder to get better grades. So in my geography I was doing badly so I went to our Geography clinic in my school at lunch to get some help with getting better at my geography.

7) Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? If not, please explain how you could do as staff even without having any previous experiences. (Minimum 200+ words):
    So I have never been a Minecraft server staff member however, I have been staff on a discord server before. On this discord server I was a mod, I helped out sometimes. Occasionally the odd bad user popped up and I would deal with them. When I got staff on this server, an admin felt I was trying to help out a lot around the place and felt it was not nice that my helping ended up with people bullying me about it. So one day these guys are bullying me for trying to be helpful and then this admin backs me up, gives me mod and says I can choose whether or not to ban them. I feel I can contribute as I think I am quite a helpful person and I enjoy helping out. It fills me with a sense of pride when I help someone and I feel I could help out when needed here. being staff in my opinion requires a few things:
    1) Being helpful.- e.g. giving people helped when asked, answering peoples questions when possible, removing the people who hack or break the rules.
    2)Be kind to the members and make them feel welcome. - e.g. not speaking like you hate them speak as if you are there to help (which you are) and as if you are calm and controlled so they feel at ease with speaking with you about the issue.
    3)Activity.- being active is key because if all staff are inactive who is there to help out in the server?
    4) Being a all round nice person to speak to and deal with is key as people will like you more and it is a good thing to make friends with the community so they feel ok asking you questions and for help.

8) If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?:
    I am not really involved in anything apart from school which I don't believe counts but I do play other games other than Minecraft sometimes. I am not in a football (soccer) club or anything so I guess I have no hobbies apart from gaming.

9) SCENARIO: You're on a busy game mode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a junior moderator for a hacker, someone then messages you on discord telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?:
    I would either try and find a mod to help with the hacker and then deal with the music. I might also get someone else online to help out the with the music and then I would deal with the finding a Mod (or the other way around).

10) SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?:
    I would apologise remove the punishment and continue with the day. I would also ask politely for them to stop spamming me.

11) Anything else we should know?: Not really as far as I know.

#1 GunshotXD, Nov 8, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
  2. B1ackmailed

B1ackmailed Junior Mod
    Junior Mod

Hello! Reading your application I have come to the conclusion, there is so much you could fix. Each one of your scenarios should be improved. You do not have much detail at all on question 7 which should be the most detailed question of this application. You should explain lots of different this such as: why should you be accepted over anyone else, what makes you more qualified than someone with much more experience in this area of expertise and why did you leave the server you were previously staff on? With your application, you should BOLD all of the questions and have a set colour for questions and answers. Here is a small list of colours that would work well together: Pink and White, Orange and Yellow, Red and Red (Two lightest reds) etc...

Good luck, B1ackmailed

3. mr2f0

mr2f0 Member

Hey, as mentioned above, there are a few things you could fix.​
    • Your app is pretty messy and hard to read. Try to space somethings out and make a difference between question and answer. Bolding or underlining the question always works, but some mild colors never hurt.
    • Make your schedule easier to read over. Something with each day of the week and the estimated time for that day works well
    • Finally, as Blackmailed said, add more detail to question 7. Explain more about your past experience
    Best of luck​

4. ksklboys2

ksklboys2 Network Helper
    Helper

GunshotXD,
    I totally agree with b1ackmailed and mr240. If you are looking for more info or help, I recommend looking under "Accepted applications" for reference

good luck! -ksklboys

5. Tank

Tank Staff Application Critic

Denied - Hello!

After long consideration, your application has been denied for the following reasons:

Denied due to:
    -Poor formatting.
    -Lacks contrast.
    -Lacks design/uniqueness/color.
    -Lacks detail.

Note: I highly advise you to review recently accepted applications. Furthermore, make sure to read our writing guide located here.

(You may reapply in one week)

-Tank

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.