Join other players on play.universemc.us

Denied Ghostinqs Staff Application

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by Ghostinqs_, May 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghostinqs_

Ghostinqs_ Member

Minecraft Username:
    Ghostinqs

Previous Minecraft Usernames (if applicable):

Server_Moder8tor XGamerYt_

What's your timezone?:

EST

Are you staff on any other servers?:

No

Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone? If you have discord, please list your full discord name and tag.

Ghostinqs#4525

Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?:

Yes I do

Do you have a donator rank on any of our game modes?:

I have Void on Jupiter realm Neptune on mars realm and champion on Neptune realm.

2) Elaborate

2) Where are you most active on the Universe Server?:

I am the most active on the Jupiter realm and play on the mars and Neptune realm as well.

3) How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:
    Monday= 2-3 hours
    Tuesday= 4 hours
    Wednesday= 7 hours
    Thursday= 2-3 hours
    Friday= around 10 + hours
    Saturday= 14-15 hours
    Sunday= 10 hours

4) Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details (if applicable):

I have only been banned 2 times in my life on all servers the first time I was banned by J0NBE4R for kill aura and I got unbanned because I did not have it. The second time I was banned is because I killed someone while they were gliched and I have learned from that and don't kill people when they are gliched unless they want me to.

5) SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?:

First off the player is very well known in the community if the community is spamming me I would first calm the community down and tell them I am looking into to current dilemma if the player is muted I believe it is for a reason and I should be confident enough to know they were muted for a valid reason and I am right, however if the player does believe that they were mistreated they may go and make a thread on the server forums at the same time I would also try to get the player in the support channel where I could assist them further and talk them through exactly why they were muted and forward them evidence in the form of screenshots and explain that they did violate a code in the rulebook of the server and that It is supposed to be run in a professional order and any violation of the rules should be punished accordingly.

6) Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?:

One mistake that I made in the last year is I skipped a day of school for no reason and missed a lot of work that I had to catch up on. How I dealt with it is that I stayed after school and did homework until I finally cached up.

7) Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? If not, please explain how you could do as staff even without having any previous experiences. (Minimum 200+ words):

No I have never been a helper before because I thought that I was not old enough and had enough time on my hands but now I feel that I am old enough. I was invited to this server from some friends back in season 4-5 I was playing on a different server called opcraft I was top rank on it. I played on it for a while but it became unfun when everyone hacked and there was no helpers online to ban people. We left after the season had ended, We came here and after a season or 2 then they stopped playing and it was just me so I started to join other people. I had a really fun time playing but when season 6 started my computer broke. I got it up and running again in season 10 after I missed a lot of time. When I got back I noticed that there were not a lot of helpers online so after a while I was debating about applying for staff. I would like to be helper because I see a lot for people in chat that needs help and nobody is there. When I do see a staff member online it's online one. I want to apply for staff to help the server out and make people enjoy the server more.

8) If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?:

yes I do. Every Tuesday from 5pm to 7:30pm I am out doing a group activity with my sister and every Thursday I am out from 5pm to 8pm doing the same thing.

9) SCENARIO: You're on a busy game mode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a junior moderator for a hacker, someone then messages you on discord telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?:

I would do the most important thing first witch is talking to the person that is blasting music in discord because it can cause real life hearing problems. What I would do next is I would go and record the hackers because they are ruining the experience for other players and need to be stopped. Then I would go back to the busy game mode.

10) SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?:

I would go over the evidence again incase happen to give out a false punishment or someone sees it as such I would immediately try and get all 4 players to come into Discord and see if we could sort it out rather than spamming on the server. If the punishment was shown to be unjust, it would be removed with a sincere apology to the player and everyone involved.

11) Anything else we should know?

When people need help in game I try to help as much as I can and if that's not enough I will ask or tell them to ask a staff member online. Thank you for taking your time to look over this application and I hope to make this server better and to let people have a better experience playing. In the past I have been somewhat toxic but now that I am applying for staff I am trying my best not to be toxic.

Commitment:

I put a lot of time and effort into loads of different things and I will put my up most commitment into being a helper on the UniverseMC network, this includes helping catch and punish rule breakers, moderating chat, having conversations with users and staff, trying my best to cheer people up when they’re down.

Ready to help:

I am always ready to help players in need and help the staff team for second opinions on footage of players to try determine if they’re indeed hacking or not, I will also try to help do things even when not asked to do so, the reason I like to help so much is because I know if I required help I would like to receive it.

2. 4Hire

4Hire I am 4 Hire

Hey there @Ghostinqs_

I have read your application, and I find it really really good!~

Normally I would bring up certain suggestions for others but this time I don't have anything to add to your application other than try to be more globally active around the platforms.

I hope you the best of luck :)

Have a nice day.

Ghostinqs_ likes this.
  3. Ghostinqs_

Ghostinqs_ Member

Thanks for the support and the advice

4Hire likes this.
  4. Pandachills

Pandachills Active Forum's Member

5. GamerClick

GamerClick VeryEpic

Well made application, I wish you the best of Luck!
    The only thing I would recommend is changing the spacing between questions and answers, it's a little to big.
    Otherwise you had great detailing, and used proper grammar

Ghostinqs_ likes this.
  6. Ghostinqs_

Ghostinqs_ Member

Thanks for the advice

7. mebigjamie

mebigjamie Pending

Hello @Ghostinqs_ after reviewing your application I've decided upon some things that could possibly help with your application,
    • Increase detail for all scenario questions
    • Increase activity on all platforms, including both in game and on social platforms
    • Fix simple grammatical errors
    • Reduce toxicity as i've seen you to be toxic multiple times in game
    Otherwise, everything else seems fine!
    ~mebigjamie

8. ImWeed

ImWeed Network Moderator

-I recommend changing the color scheme to make it a bit easier to read, apart from that good application.

9. TechnoPat

TechnoPat Network Helper
    Helper

Make sure to make the color scheme of the awnsers stand out from the questions. You're a bit toxic sometimes, but you've improved.

Best of luck,
    Techno.

10. PvPTimeYT

PvPTimeYT Member

Best of luck. In my opninion you seem qualified.

11. FakeGender

FakeGender Helpful Member aka Brain.EXE has stopped working

Pros
    Active
    Helpful

Cons
    Be active on other gamemode

12. GetGoodSkid

GetGoodSkid Member
    Member Resigned

Hey Ghost,

I've got some suggestion:

- Add some more detail to the majority of it,

- Be active a bit more, across the network I only see you on Jupiter

- Be less toxic in chat when people are being rude to you,

Pros

- Helpful ( Most of the time )

- Kind

- Active, ( Only on Jupiter ;( )

Yours Kindly,

GetGoodSkid

13. UserNumberJuan

Interview - Hello, Ghostinqs
    Your application has been intensely reviewed and the management team and has decided to put your app to Interview stage.

Please PM me on the forums or on discord (DiscordUserNumberJuan#6437) to schedule your interview.

-UserNumberJuan

Ghostinqs_ likes this.
  14. GetFreaked

GetFreaked Network Helper
    Helper

Pretty good application in my opinion I was just going down the applications and such, the only thing I have to say is try not to be as toxic and i'd say you become a pretty good staff member, wish you the best of luck :D <3

Ghostinqs_ likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.