Join other players on play.universemc.us

Denied Ghostinqs Staff Application

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by Ghostinqs_, Apr 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghostinqs_

Ghostinqs_ Member

• Minecraft Username:
    Ghostinqs

• Previous Minecraft Usernames (if applicable):

Server_Moder8tor XGamerYt_

• What's your timezone?:

EST

• Are you staff on any other servers?:

No

• Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone? If you have discord, please list your full discord name and tag.

Ghostinqs#4525

• Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?:

Yes I do

• Do you have a donator rank on any of our game modes?:

I have Void on Jupiter realm Neptune on mars realm and champion on Neptune realm.

2) Elaborate

2) Where are you most active on the Universe Server?:
    I am the most active on the Jupiter realm and play on the mars and Neptune realm as well.

3) How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:
    Monday= 2-3 hours
    Tuesday= 4 hours
    Wednesday= 7 hours
    Thursday= 2-3 hours
    Friday= around 10 + hours
    Saturday= 14-15 hours
    Sunday= 10 hours

4) Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details (if applicable):

I have only been banned 2 times in my life on all servers the first time I was banned by J0NBE4R for kill aura and I got unbanned because I did not have it. The second time I was banned is because I killed someone while they were gliched and I have learned from that and don't kill people when they are gliched unless they want me to.

5) SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?:

First off the player is very well known in the community if the community is spamming me I would first calm the community down and tell them I am looking into to current dilemma if the player is muted I believe it is for a reason and I should be confident enough to know they were muted for a valid reason and I am right, however if the player does believe that they were mistreated they may go and make a thread on the server forums at the same time I would also try to get the player in the support channel where I could assist them further and talk them through exactly why they were muted and forward them evidence in the form of screenshots and explain that they did violate a code in the rulebook of the server and that It is supposed to be run in a professional order and any violation of the rules should be punished accordingly.

6) Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?:

One mistake that I made in the last year is I skipped a day of school for no reason and missed a lot of work that I had to catch up on. How I dealt with it is that I stayed after school and did homework until I finally cached up.

7) Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? If not, please explain how you could do as staff even without having any previous experiences. (Minimum 200+ words):

No I have never been a helper before because I thought that I was not old enough and had enough time on my hands but now I feel that I am old enough. I was invited to this server from some friends back in season 4-5 I was playing on a different server called opcraft I was top rank on it. I played on it for a while but it became unfun when everyone hacked and there was no helpers online to ban people. We left after the season had ended, We came here and after a season or 2 then they stopped playing and it was just me so I started to join other people. I had a really fun time playing but when season 6 started my computer broke. I got it up and running again in season 10 after I missed a lot of time. When I got back I noticed that there were not a lot of helpers online so after a while I was debating about applying for staff. I would like to be helper because I see a lot for people in chat that needs help and nobody is there. When I do see a staff member online it's online one. I want to apply for staff to help the server out and make people enjoy the server more.

8) If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?:

yes I do. Every Tuesday from 5pm to 7:30pm I am out doing a group activity with my sister and every Thursday I am out from 5pm to 8pm doing the same thing.

9) SCENARIO: You're on a busy game mode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a junior moderator for a hacker, someone then messages you on discord telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?:

I would do the most important thing first witch is talking to the person that is blasting music in discord because it can cause real life hearing problems. What I would do next is I would go and record the hackers because they are ruining the experience for other players and need to be stopped. Then I would go back to the busy game mode.

10) SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?:

I would go over the evidence again incase happen to give out a false punishment or someone sees it as such I would immediately try and get all 4 players to come into Discord and see if we could sort it out rather than spamming on the server. If the punishment was shown to be unjust, it would be removed with a sincere apology to the player and everyone involved.

11) Anything else we should know?

When people need help in game I try to help as much as I can and if that's not enough I will ask or tell them to ask a staff member online. Thank you for taking your time to look over this application and I hope to make this server better and to let people have a better experience playing. In the past I have been somewhat toxic but now that I am applying for staff I am trying my best not to be toxic.

Commitment:

I put a lot of time and effort into loads of different things and I will put my up most commitment into being a helper on the UniverseMC network, this includes helping catch and punish rule breakers, moderating chat, having conversations with users and staff, trying my best to cheer people up when they’re down.

Ready to help:

I am always ready to help players in need and help the staff team for second opinions on footage of players to try determine if they’re indeed hacking or not, I will also try to help do things even when not asked to do so, the reason I like to help so much is because I know if I required help I would like to receive it.

#1 Ghostinqs_, Apr 17, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
  2. SourPatchSkidz

Pros:

Very well known in the community
    Is globally active
    Has donated a lot

Cons:

Needs slightly more detail
    Is known to be slight toxic

I wish you the best of luck on your application!

Ghostinqs_ likes this.
  3. Ghostinqs_

Ghostinqs_ Member

I agree with this and am trying my best to be not toxic

SourPatchSkidz likes this.
  4. SendMoneyy

SendMoneyy Member

Pros: Active and very helpful

Cons: 0

Ghostinqs_ likes this.
  5. BigBlakk

BigBlakk I'm Asian.

Suggestions:
    Fix grammatical errors
    Add more detail

Best of Luck!

Ghostinqs_ likes this.
  6. Ghostinqs_

Ghostinqs_ Member

Thanks for your advice.

7. Ghostinqs_

Ghostinqs_ Member

Thanks for your advice.

8. PenguinNerd

PenguinNerd Sr. Staff / Weeb / Nerd
    Senior Mod

Hello, @Ghostinqs_ Here are some Suggestions.

Suggestions:
    - Add more detail to the scenario questions
    - Become more Globally Active (Forums, Discord, All Server Platforms, and Twitter if applicable)
    - Become slightly less toxic, as you've been toxic in the past

Best of Luck.
    -Penguin

Ghostinqs_ likes this.
  9. Ghostinqs_

Ghostinqs_ Member

Thanks for the suggestion @PenguinNerd I have started to be less toxic and I am being more active on other realms

10. Darknetic

Darknetic Member

+1
    Pro:

Active
    Chill person to talk too
    Not as toxic ( then the people I see in chat)

Ghostinqs_ likes this.
  11. Ghostinqs_

Ghostinqs_ Member

Thanks for your suggestion I am turning around the toxicity.

12. Archie

Archie Professional Mineman

Hello @Ghostinqs_, here is a list of suggestions to help improve your application!

• Elaborate on your availability
    • Change your timezone from NA to EST
    Hope you take these into consideration!

Glowing regards,
    ~ Archie

Ghostinqs_ likes this.
  13. Ghostinqs_

Ghostinqs_ Member

Thanks I will get right on that

Archie likes this.
  14. Vwl

Vwl Member

Ghostinqs_ likes this.
  15. Ghostinqs_

Ghostinqs_ Member

Thanks for the support

16. Dorito_

Dorito_ Junior Mod
    Junior Mod

Hey @Ghostinqs_, after reviewing your application, I have come up with some suggestions:

» Play a bit more on mars and neptune. However, You are really active on Jupiter which is nice

» Change color of questions because they blend in with the background too much

» Add more detail on some questions

That's all I have for you!
    Best of luck on your application.

- Dorito

Ghostinqs_ likes this.
  17. Ghostinqs_

Ghostinqs_ Member

Thanks @Dorito_ I will get right on that

18. raptor

raptor Member

raided me don’t accept him he is big gay

Ghostinqs_ likes this.
  19. Ghostinqs_

Ghostinqs_ Member

Its factions but thanks for the support

20. YunusEmre

YunusEmre Member

I suggest you remove bold from your answers.

Ghostinqs_ likes this.
  21. Ghostinqs_

Ghostinqs_ Member

Thanks for you support I will get right on that

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.