Join other players on play.universemc.us

Interview GetGoodSkid's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Interview Applications' started by Katelen, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Katelen

Katelen Member

1) Simple Information

• Minecraft Username:
    GetGoodSkid https://namemc.com/getgoodskid.8

• Previous Minecraft Usernames (if applicable):
    • What's your timezone?:
    AEST Australian Eastern standard time

• Are you staff on any other servers?:
    No, I am not

• Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone? If you have discord, please list your full discord name and tag. Example; Example#1234:
    Yes, GetGoodSkid#7908

• Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?:
    Yes I get 200+ FPS

• Do you have a donator rank on any of our game modes?:
    Factions Jupiter, Void
    Kitmap: Gold
    SkyBlock: Elite

2) Elaborate

2) Where are you most active on the Universe Server?:
    Factions

3) How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:
    Monday's 0 because I have training.
    Tuesday's After 4:15 AM 1-3
    Wednesday's 0 Becuase of training.
    Thursday's After 4:15 AM 1-4
    Friday's After 4:15 AM 3-7
    Saturday's After 6:00 AM 5-14
    Sundays After 6:00 AM 4-10

4) Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details (if applicable):
    I can't remember if I have, all I can remember is I got False Ip-Banned

5) SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?:
    I would ask the people that are spamming me to stop and tell them the reason why they were muted and I will also say I won't unmute them and they would have to apply for a unmute on the forums.

6) Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?:
    I was spending to much time on Minecraft and not enough on my grades and was getting C's and D's on my report cards when I normally get B's and A's. So I stopped playing Minecraft for a while to get my grades back up and when I was getting my B's and A's I started to play mc again and now I am managing to handle MC and School work, if I have school stuff to do I will do it before Minecraft, hope that doesn't affect anything. Now my Grades are back to normal and I am playing mc again, :)
    7) Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? If not, please explain how you could do as staff even without having any previous experiences. (Minimum 200+ words):
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Server: Dawnlight
    What it is: Dawnlight was a Network, it had Factions and Skyblock. I was on Factions most of the time because I love to play factions and have the competition and raid people, But when I was needed on Skyblock I would go there and help the people that needed something.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Server: ZeptixMC
    What it is: ZeptixMC was an HCF network that I was the developer off. I made custom plugins for it and would fix all the bugs that came up on the server and would help people in discord with issues if I was at school and couldn't do anything because my school wifi doesn't let me play Minecraft.

Server: LitPVP
    What it is: LitPVP was a Network that had Factions, Skyblock, and Prisons. I was the main developer for the network and would help the owners and other developers when I could and I would be active and would be there to help players and staff members when they needed my help.

Server: LabMC
    What it is: LabMC was a Factions server that got shut down because the owners forgot to pay for the server hosting and was a big let down because it was a good server. My job was to manage the Reports that came in on players and help the community with issues and bugs etc that Factions servers had to deal with.

Server: RaidLabs
    What it is: It was a Factions server but the owner when rogue and is now selling the server because he can't be bothered to do it anymore and doesn't have the time to run it anymore.

Server: KingMC
    What it is: It was a Small Factions server. I would manage the staff Reports and forums, I would also deal with major bugs that came in like Dupe glitches or major hackers that would faze into peoples Bases.

Server: ZorahHCF
    What it is: it was a small HCF server that I was the media manager of and it is now no longer a thing because the owner quit MC and didn't want the server to continue.

Server: PVPHeros
    What it is: it is a Factions/Skyblock network that I was a helper on. My job as Helper was to make sure people were doing the right thing in chat and also in discord chats. I would also check discord tickets every now and then to see if anyone needed help.

Server: BattleMade
    What it is: Battlemade is a factions/Skyblock/Prison server that has 200+ people on it every day. I was there checking discord tickets checking the forums giving people help in discord if they were having trouble. I was on the server every day checking for hackers and also checking discord tickets and waiting for someone to make a new one and I would always ask them what they needed and whats the problem.

I am a Good staff member ( In my opinion ) I am so kind to everyone I am fair to everyone even if they are mean to me I will always be nice and forgiving. I will be as active as I can, I will help as many people as I can, I will never be mean to anyone. I have so much experience with staff and hacking, I can tell when people hack and or cheating. If anyone needs me and I am online I will respond ASAP to them if I don't please DM me on discord and I will get back to you ASAP. I will check all the servers every day if I get hacker reports I will get on it ASAP but if I can't I will get a staff member that is online to do it. I am a well-known player I am sometimes toxic if I get killed by a hacker or I get stuck in a block and crit out. I just VERY dislike hackers and if I find one I will report them for hacks. If I find a hacker I will record them and ban them then send the Recordings to Anon or a Higher staff member.

8) If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?:
    I am a Rugby player outside of school and I like to draw stuff

9) SCENARIO: You're on a busy game mode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a junior moderator for a hacker, someone then messages you on discord telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?:
    I would first deal with the most important thing, the hacker, I would tell the person who has reported someone blasting music to just mute them until I can join ASAP, I am Currently dealing with a Hacker right now I will get to you ASAP. I would DM a Jr.Mod or Mod to tp to the player that is ( Hacking ) and get them to deal with it because helpers don't have /vanish I believe. Then once the hacker is dealt with I would then join the person's channel that the person is blasting music in and I would verbally ask them to stop and if they don't I will mute them for the amount of time it is for ear-raping music in voice call.

10) SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?:
    I would ask the people to stop spamming me and I would ask the person I muted/warned to join discord and talk to me about why I should unmute them and what they ment to say/do that made me mute/warn them. I would then say to the people spamming me to kindly stop I will deal with it now. and if they don't I will just ignore them until I have dealt with the situation.

11) Anything else we should know?:
    I have Dyslexia so if my spelling isn't good or there are spelling mistakes please let me know <3.

HelpFull:
    I am active most of the time and I will be helping people as much as I can, I am a kind person, I love to help people with anything they need hackers irl stuff anything.

Hackers:
    On all the servers I was staff on I was ss verified, I know how to find clients in peoples computers, I can tell if someone is hacking or is legit, I am fair with my punishments, I am not biased to anyone I am fair I don't pick people, not to ss I just do my job. Even if they are my friend i will still SS them and try to find a client in their computer, I SS anyone that I need to.

Sports:
    I sometimes have to travel to get to my rugby games like travel 200k's to get somewhere for rugby but I will let people know that I will be gone for a day for rugby.

Thanks for Reading my app, i am accepting any suggestions!

#1 Katelen, Jun 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2019 at 2:38 PM
  2. Katelen

Katelen Member

Any Suggestions!

3. SoapPvP

SoapPvP Member

Maybe change the colours, to just 2, as the bright colours are quite disorientating, and hurt my eyes. Other than that, it seems pretty good.
    Good luck.

4. Katelen

Katelen Member

Thanks man, i will change it now <3

5. Katelen

Katelen Member

Any suggestions please feel free to say, <3 I am happy to hear anything! :)

6. RicardoFuhrer

RicardoFuhrer Member

I dont think adding Developer and Owners as staff experience because that means you could make 20 servers and say u had experience, other than that Nice app +1

7. Katelen

Katelen Member

I know, but it says it i am just putting it there because. Thanks for your the support tho <3!

8. Katelen

Katelen Member

*i am adding it because it says staff experience and i am just adding it all

9. PenguinNerd

PenguinNerd Fluffy Penguin <3

Hello, @Katelen Here are some Suggestions!

Suggestions:

- Become more Globally Active on all UniverseMC platforms (Forums, Discord, All Server Platforms, and Twitter if applicable)

- Change the Color Scheme to 2 corresponding colors, as it'll make your application more visually appealing to your viewers

- Fix a few minor grammar mistakes throughout your application (Mizcapitilization, run-on sentences, misspelled words, etc.)

Overall a very detailed application and appears to have been made with a lot of effort! Be sure to follow my suggestions as they will help you in the long run!

Best of Luck!

- Penguin

10. Katelen

Katelen Member

Thanks my man i will change the Colours and make it better <3

11. PenguinNerd

PenguinNerd Fluffy Penguin <3

Looking pretty good so far!

Best of Luck!

12. Katelen

Katelen Member

Ty man mean's a lot i really would love to be staff xD <3

13. Gloking

Gloking Member

Hello, Owner of that labmc server, 1. You were never staff on my server, and 2. I can afford to pay for hosting. Please refrain from lying and using servers for rep. Your not only lying to universe but your lying to the minecraft community. https://imgur.com/z5ycXEN @AnonymousOG @UserNumberJuan @ItzMxrk I figured i would let you know, i'm sure he wasn't staff on half the servers listed above.

14. Katelen

Katelen Member

You wernt the Owner of LabMc i was Helper on

15. Katelen

Katelen Member

Some kid named Hytemate was the owner of the labmc i applyed for helper for lmao, there was like 110 people in the discord lmao! and if they want proof of all those servers they will let me know! Lmao Never have i herd of you on the LabMC i was helper on LOL

16. _fps_god_

_fps_god_ = > God himself < =

Good Luck !

17. Katelen

Katelen Member

Tysm <3

18. GamerClick

GamerClick VeryEpic

Good Luck!
    I would just recommend becoming more globally active on all sites and game modes
    Good Luck!​

Katelen likes this.
  19. Katelen

Katelen Member

Thanks will do <3

20. TechnoPat

TechnoPat Member

Hello, Katelen,

I'm going to start this off by saying your staff experience is SO strong! I admit I actually applied to KingMC in the past, but the apps were closed.

Anyway,

I recommend the following

- Add more overall detail to the scenario questions
    -Increase global activity (Discord, In game, Forums)
    -Fix minor grammatical issues
    -Possibly make questions bolded, and the awnsers regular, as I find the application a bit hard to read.
    - Possibly provide some form of evidence for some roles, as the labmc situation will likely need further explanation.

Best of luck! Your application looks good!
    -Techno