Join other players on play.universemc.us

Accepted Gankfights Staff Application

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by gankfights, Jul 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gankfights

gankfights Member

--------
    [] Simple Information Section: []

Minecraft Username
    Gankfights

Previous Minecraft Usernames (if applicable)
    Destruced <5/17/2017>
    Perplexity_ <11/18/2016>

What's your timezone?
    EST (Eastern Standard Time)

Are you staff on other servers?

Nope! I am not staff on any other server.

Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone?

Yes! My discord is Gank#2661
    And I do have a working microphone.

Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?
    Yes! I can record high quality videos at any time.

Do you have a donator rank in any gamemode/dimension?
    Yes. I love supporting good, quality servers:
    Jupiter
    > Ghoul
    Mars
    > Apollo
    Neptune
    > Elite

[] Complex Information Section: []

Where are you most active on the Universe server?
    I enjoy factions the most, contributing most of my play to Mars and Jupiter. Although, I do like playing skyblock and hop on Neptune at least 3 times a day.

How much time do you have to contribute to this role?
    Each day, I can contribute around 3-5 hours. Although, some days may be interrupted because of work, schoolwork, and sports! I am on quite often and want to make sure chat stays clean and smooth. During some times, especially early and late hours, chat is taken advantage of because they know no staff is on to stop them. I am always on especially during late and early hours and can easily make sure the chat is staying clean and positive!

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server?
    Apart from being muted, I have only been banned once on the universe platform! I was banned for voucher spam and have talked to multiple staff members to avoid this mistake happening in the future.

SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?:
    Rules are rules. Regardless of the popularity of the specific player, I would take in to consideration the offence, not the reputation of the player. That being said, the mute would stay, and the spam would be controlled with verbal warns. If it gets out of hands, I would talk directly to the players spamming and go from there! If at any time, I make a mistake muting someone, the mute will be removed on command.

Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?:
    One noticeable mistake I have made within the last year is procrastinating on work. If it's homework, or chores, I tend to wait till the last day to complete the task. Although it is sometimes helpful because it forces me to do the assignment, it turns the situation into a stressful rampage to get it done on time! I learned to prioritize my time and get things done before it's to late. This comes into play as a staff member, aswell. You never want to wait to do a task. For example: if there's 8 people in the support waiting room, get them moved through, instead of waiting on someone else to do it for you!

Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? If not, please explain how you could do as staff even without having any previous experiences.
    When it comes to experience as staff, I lack it. I have never been staff of a server, although, I always read the rules and often remind staff members when someone is breaking them. If I were to become staff, I would do my best to work hard, and respond to situations in the best way possible. Not only that, but as a helper, I would spend the majority of my time in support room helping out people. I do feel like chat is heavily moderated, but the support room in discord is often looked past upon and sometimes ignored. I would strive to do my best and constantly help people in need. Secondly, as a helper, it's not just my job to warn/punish people! Whenever a new player joins, I would shoot them a message welcoming them to the server. If someone ever was upset, I would immediately talk to them and resolve the problem. If any player had a question about commands, rules, or other information, I would be quick to respond to them to insure that they have a good time on UniverseMC. Lastly, I would focus greatly on increasing my reputation. I do try my best to be as nice and positive to everyone, but on a few occasions, I went a bit overkill and I do apologize for that. As a factions players, arguments can happen, but as a staff member, there's a clear fine line on where you need to be the mature one in the situation.

If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?:
    During any spare time, I do enjoy hanging with friends, playing basketball, and swimming. Although, most of my free time does involve video games and working. I do have good time management skills, though, so I can always balance being a staff member with social activities.

SCENARIO: You're on a busy game mode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a junior moderator for a hacker, someone then messages you on discord telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?:
    As a staff member, your expected to balance multiple tasks at once and not "freeze under the pressure." In this situation, I cannot help the hacker problem. I would immediately message a junior mod, or higher, to try and get on and resolve that problematic situation. For the questions, I would answer as many possible before politely pausing the questions and quickly talking to the player about the loud music. As soon as both of the bigger issues are solved, I can go back to answering questions and helping people out with any problems they may have. Starting out as a helper means you are going to do a lot of things closely with the player base. (ex: answer questions, helping people who just joined, etc). Although keeping chat clean and friendly is also equally as important, I want to make everyone enjoy their stay.

SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?:

Although it's not good, mistakes happen! I would calmly respond to the frustrated players letting them know that I would get the situation solved as quickly as possible! If it were to be a false mute, I would just unmute the player on the spot. But, if it came down to a ban, or worse, I would ask a higher staff member for their opinion on the situation. As a staff member, I would try my best to make minimal mistakes, although, it happens. Hopefully the player understands this, and the players can stop spamming the chat about it. If it gets out of hand, I would kindly ask the players to stop spamming, and if it gets worse, verbal warns than small temp mutes will be given AT LAST EFFORT.

Anything else we should know?:
    Yes! Regarding my reputation, I am striving to increase it and make myself known as a polite, non toxic player. If anyone has had a encounter with me that I have not apologized for, please reach out to me on discord! Since making the application, I have read the rules multiple times to get myself refreshed and ready for whatever problems occur in the future. Thank you for taking the time to read this, and if you have and suggestions or grammatical errors, please feel free to leave them down below.
    ---------​

#1 gankfights, Jul 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
  2. gankfights

gankfights Member

Side note: I am working on improving my activeness on forums!

3. TechnoPat

TechnoPat Network Helper
    Helper

Hello, gankfights

Here are some things i recommend,

- Be less toxic, as you can be toxic in some moments

- Be more globally active (Discord, In game, forums)

- Add more overall detail to the application

- Use less exclamation marks

Best of luck!

4. gankfights

gankfights Member

Hello, techno!
    I appreciate you stopping by and leaving suggestions.
    Regarding the exclamation marks, I did take some out during dull/non exciting moments throughout the application.
    As for activeness, I am very active on all platforms except for forums, which I am striving my best to work on!
    Lastly, for toxicity, as stated multiple times, im working my best to better my image as a player, and person!

Best regards, Gank.

5. RevolutionYT

RevolutionYT Member

+0

- Have seen starting fights in main chat (Even against me)

- Add more detail to scenario questions

- I see you active all the time

Overall, good luck!

6. gankfights

gankfights Member

Hello, RevolutionYT!
    I appreciate your suggestions, as it does help me a lot. I just added detail to 3 of the scenario questions, and I am working on adding more in the very near future! As for the toxicity in main chat, it was me simply getting heated in the moment. As a factions player, arguments and beef is always a thing. Although, if I were to become staff, I would understand that I am no longer JUST a faction player, and now someone who should be showing the way on how to act properly. I do apologize if I upset you during the argument. I had no ill intentions and was simply upset. I do understand I could've easily handled the situation MUCH better! When I play as a normal player, I don't really think of the negative repercussions that could happen from the words that come out of my mouth. As a staff member, I would understand the control I need and would limit myself greatly to prevent anything happening again. I can insure you as a staff member, no arguments or toxicity would be shown in ANY of the chats. In agreement with you, I am basically ALWAYS on. During early and late hours, we basically have no helpers on to help monitor the chat. This can only be fixed with EU/AU staff or active EST. Once again, thank you for your suggestions. It does really help.

Best regards, Gank.

#6 gankfights, Jul 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
  7. GetGoodSkid

GetGoodSkid Member
    Member Resigned

ive seen you on alot, ive seen you start fight over small things, +0.5

Best of luck

8. gankfights

gankfights Member

Hello, Katelen! I apologize if this response seems identical to revolution's response, but it's addressing the same issue. As a factions player, arguments happen. That's the name of the game. Although, I DO understand my role as a staff member if I were to get accepted. I would obviously have to understand that I am no longer a factions player, but now a role model! I've reached out and apologize to most of the people who I ever started conflict with to hope to make ends meet. I have changed as a person, and respectively, you need to understand that we are playing factions. Factions is a game mode in which you can take days of work from someone in the matter of 20 minutes. I apologize if you see me as a bad person because of my competitive play, but do understand I will change greatly if I were to become staff.

Best regards, Gank.

#8 gankfights, Jul 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
  9. GANKFIGHT

GANKFIGHT Member

Overall gankfights is a very good and nice player like others have said yes sometimes theirs a little trash talk but with every game and every person we are competitive humans and trash talk just comes with human nature

I believe gankfights would make a good staff member and holy crap that guy is on all the time

10. UserNumberJuan

Interview - Hello, Gankfights
    Your application has been intensely reviewed and the management team and has decided to put your app to Interview stage.

Please PM me on the forums or on discord (DiscordUserNumberJuan#6437) to schedule your interview.

-UserNumberJuan

11. gankfights

gankfights Member

Awesome, thanks!

12. GetGoodSkid

GetGoodSkid Member
    Member Resigned

Ayy GG! We can be Interview buddys :) <3

13. gankfights

gankfights Member

Hahah! Anytime

14. UserNumberJuan

Accepted - Hello, gankfights
    Your application has been intensely reviewed and the management team and has decided to accept your application congrats.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.