Join other players on play.universemc.us

Denied ErrorMessage_404's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by Error404, Aug 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Error404

Error404 Member

1) Simple Information

• Minecraft Username: ErrorMessage_404

• Previous Minecraft Usernames (if applicable): rainbowdude6 (i also bought SFA accounts that i have but use for <Server Name> when a friend needs a account cuse their banned)

• What's your timezone?: UTC -5 (EST)

• Are you staff on any other servers?: No

• Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone? If you have discord, please list your full discord name and tag. Example; Example#1234: I do have a mic Error 404ᴰᵒᵐⁱⁿᵒˢ#9495

• Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?: Yes

• Do you have a donator rank on any of our game modes?: I have Mystic on mars im not very p2w

2) Elaborate

2) Where are you most active on the Universe Server?: Mars or where ever my faction is playing if we are playing on universe but I would be most active on Mars

3) How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: I have about 2 hours on weekdays due to school but I can help in the discord during school

4) Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details (if applicable): I don't believe I have. if I have it was years ago and I don't recall

5) SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?: I assume they would spam via tickets in discord or in discord pm's as from what I recall you cant /msg when muted so I would send them the proof of why I muted them as I would need to keep that anyway and I would explain why they got a mute while mentioning the rules they broke and I would link them the server rules

6) Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?: Well the most recent one was on my first map with Dominos the sand wall in the schem was 1 block off and it was genned in and at first I wasn't sure if it was intentional so I dmed the creator of the schem and asked and he confirmed that it was incorrect so I had to grind out and remove the entire wall and regen it (thank god it was just sand, not obby)

7) Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? If not, please explain how you could do as staff even without having any previous experiences. (Minimum 200+ words): Well i don't have any experience as staff on a server but i am an Admin in Dominos and you can ask Little_ and Smadger how i am there as an admin and hear for yourself. Personally, I think I am a responsible person who tries his best to help others and try to make sure things run smoothly. I enjoy the technical side of things like the behind the scenes and i like helping to ensure that everything is working smoothly. I am a reliable person again you can ask Little_ and Smadger about that. Also, i have a very good personality and i make friends quick i like to think i have a good sense of humor and i also would say that i am mature. I am also a very quick learner so if there is stuff i need to learn which i can almost guaranty there will be ill be able to pick up on them quick. I also am not afraid to speak up when i think something is wrong and this is a really good quality to have when on a staff team of any sort. Overall i believe i am a great person and i think i will be great for the job.

8) If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?: I am a pretty big fan of the Ottawa Senators, this is a good thing because if you anything about the NHL you would know that they aren't doing too great but i am still sticking with my team and not jumping to another team this shows my dedication. Other hobbies are playing hockey (Goalie) and playing soccer (Full Back) and i occasionally do track and field (High Jump)

9) SCENARIO: You're on a busy game mode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a junior moderator for a hacker, someone then messages you on discord telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?: So i would first temporarily server mute the user who is blasting music and them i would check if a Jr. Mod is online and if not i would PM one or 2 of them in discord letting them know and them i would tp to the player reporting the hacker and try to record myself pvping with them with obs and i would also save the replay mod clip and then send it to the Jr. Mods i Pmed

10) SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?: Well first i would review the evidence i have for the punishment and i would ask myself would an admin agree with my decision for the mute and if i think there is a chance he would i would stand by my decision and keep the punishment but if i think that admin wouldn't agree with the punishment i would then reverse it and apologize for the mistake

11) Anything else we should know?: No, not really. At least nothing i can think of right now. If you have any questions of my app the best way to reach me would be to PM me in discord (Error 404ᴰᵒᵐⁱⁿᵒˢ#9495) and thank you for taking the time to read this. :)

EDIT: ADDED COLOR TO ANSWERS SO YOU CAN READ IT EASIER

#1 Error404, Aug 11, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  2. JacksonPvP

JacksonPvP Epic Gamer

Hey there Error404! I would suggest adding colour to your application so it's easier to read but it is not necessary.

3. Error404

Error404 Member

thanks for the suggestion thats a good idea i will

4. Almost_Isaac

Almost_Isaac Member

+1
    Good details but really the Ottawa Senators?

5. Error404

Error404 Member

Dude thanks for the +1 and I've been cheering for the sens since i was a little

6. Kiira

Kiira Member

Comments:
    - Fix color as it is very unattractive to read.
    - I like your honesty in your experiences as many people mention petty things.
    - In the last scenario you mentioned "you would think if an admin would agree", I personally disagree with this as muting people should be black and white. You should also be confident with your punishments as if you are not then how can the staff team trust your punishments. There are some cases where you can make a mistake but even then, they should simply open a ticket with evidence and your or other staff can simply revert the mistake.
    - I'm gonna stay neutral, good luck. (This is rare for me, count yourself special haha)

7. Sarnando

Sarnando Member

Everything after "I'm" was not needed and makes you look unprofessional.
    Fix grammatical errors such as "I".
    Good luck.

8. Error404

Error404 Member

Thanks for the feedback. Definitely will change the color.

9. Error404

Error404 Member

Thanks for the feedback. I tried to get them all clearly missed some.

10. Snooker

Snooker Administrator
    Administrator

DENIED - Hello there!

Your application has been intensely reviewed by the management team and it has been decided to deny your application; you may reapply in 1 week.

For these reasons your application has been denied:

- Detail
    - Grammar

Thank You

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.