Join other players on play.universemc.us

Accepted ElChaponee (DJ_GamingTv) Staff Application

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by ElChaponee, Jul 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElChaponee

ElChaponee Member

Minecraft Username: ElChaponee

Previous Minecraft Usernames (if applicable):
    https://namemc.com/search?q=elchaponee
    •PaidToWin
    •DJ_HackerSquad
    •DJ_GamingTv

What's your timezone?:
    SAST

Are you staff on any other servers?:
    Nope :)

Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone? If you have discord, please list your full discord name and tag. Example; Example#1234:

Yes, I have both discord and a working microphone (ElChaponee#9273)

Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?:
    Yes, I use OBS (Open Broadcasting Software)

Do you have a donator rank on any of our game modes?:
    Yes I am Void on Jupiter on both My Main and alt.

2) Elaborate

2) Where are you most active on the Universe Server?:
    I mainly play on Jupiter but I am willing to move servers if staff are needed there.

3) How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:
    I spend most my day on my PC so arround 3-4 hours a day unless I have something planned then therefore I will notify higher up.

4) Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details (if applicable):
    I have not been banned on any server from what I remember of my old minecraft days so I have a clean slait.

5) SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?:
    I would first ask him to calm down and stop spamming me, if they don't stop spamming I will punish them also. I would then proceed to tell the player who previously got muted that if he thinks he got muted unfairly I would ask him to please make a punishment appeal on the forums, purchase an unmute from the store or explain to me why the punishment was incorrect if it was incorrect then I would reverse the punishment.

6) Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?:

During early June I had my mid-term exams but before this I had missed a week of school so I was not there to do my art project. Getting caught up in wanting to game and relax after a long test made me reassure oh its fine ill do it tonight or after this game. The next day I forgot about it and continued on with exams not realising the consequences my mom opened my report and I got a solid 24% for Art. I dealed with this by keeping up to date on my later projects and use reminders on my phone so I dont forget stuff like that ever again. I learnt to never procrastinate from this experience and always do my art project.

7) Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? If not, please explain how you could do as staff even without having any previous experiences. (Minimum 200+ words):

TimelessPvP

Yes I was a moderator on TimelessPvP I learned from that, not every person will like you and it is not easy being a staff member and I must control every task with care. Unfortunately, the server got shut down for unknown reasons. I was more of an X-Ray focused person than pvp, to be honest. While I was a helper I learned that being a helper is to learn about the staff team and a community. As helper I know from experience that you are more of a chat moderator than anything else, mainly helping people with common issues, muting racist, sexual or swearing players and telling a higher staff member about a dupe glitch. I also dealt with a lot of people saying rude things about the server.

RedPvP

RedPvP is a server that I am the founder of I was working on it for a few months and it taught me the one lesson that matters the most is the effort, the effort is the thing if you do not give it all or you won't receive it all. By this I mean if I did not fix a plugin another plugin would break or need fixing so after a time I started realizing that it was not the quantity of plugins I fixed but the quality and time I put into them. Same goes for chat moderating if I did not talk to this player or help this player more problems would build up and cause more problems driving me insane so I learned you have to do it entirely or you won't get the award.

BluePvP

This is my good friends server RevolutionYT and I am a co-owner of this server I abused on and cheated in spawners by this I got banned and I lost an IRL friend that day I learnt from my mistakes and took up to responsibility that actions have consequences may it be being rude to a player banning someone just because you where killed by him. I also learned that abusing is a ridiculous thing and should not be tolerated. I also banned people for no reason at all just because I had the perms. I also was very disrespectful to a lot of players and rude by this I learned that negativity is a big no and that we should thrive together and not against each other try to fight, just be more important or special than the other person.

PvPWars

PvPWars is a server that a lot of you most likely know because of its massive skyblock player base. I was staff on this server for about 3-4 weeks until I resigned. This experience really taught me a lot about staffing and being sure when making punishments, making friends among the staff and how it really feels to be staff in a well-established server with a big staff team.

UniverseMC

And last but definitely not least, UniverseMC! This was by far my favorite staff team I have been in. It has a very small family feel too it. I was staff on here for about 3 months before I resigned to take on a position in PvPWars. This server really built my staffing abilities and a sense of family among online too.

8) If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?:
    I do quite a lot, every Tuesday and Thursday I play soccer for 2 hours and on Wednesday I do swimming. On the weekends I mainly spend my time on my PC, at the skatepark or at my local MTB (Mountain Bike) Park.

9) SCENARIO: You're on a busy game mode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a junior moderator for a hacker, someone then messages you on discord telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?:
    First off I would ask in the staff chat if there are any Jr.Mods available who can help with the cheater, if not I would ask for video evidence then freeze the player and wait for a higher staff to come and ban the cheater if I cannot reach any higher staff to get on I will use the video as proof of him being a cheater so he can be banned at a later stage. I would then join the discord call where the person is blasting music and kindly ask if he could turn off or turn down the music if the person says "No." I would tell the person who is getting angry about the music being blasted to either , mute the player, leave the discord or move to the 2nd Public Channel.

10) SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?:
    I would first ask them to stop spamming me if they proceed too I would mute them if they stop I will ask them to explain why the punishment is false to them, if I still believe it is correct and tell them if they had any issue with my staffing they can make a Staff Report on me or the punished person can make a Punishment Appeal.
    11) Anything else we should know?:
    Thought I would add this because why not... A few of my traits.
    Toxic

I am nowhere near toxic I believe that everyone likes me and that I like them. I am very friendly and love to chat and joke around with a lot of people I also am a very hard working person in general.

Fair/ Non-Bias
    I am Fair I will never pick someone's side if they gave me something I needed in-game, something IRL or even if they are a faction member, Friend, Close Friend, and Family. I also do not tolerate bribing.

Kind

I am kind in-game and on the forums when helping somebody in-game I would not say "This is made like this you idiot." I would say "You can make this like this have an amazing day." I also try to put everything into a nice friendly context.

Mature/Responsible

I am mature it is all fun and games all day outside of chat moderating or dealing with hackers but when I do I try to put all focus towards it. If something is not done I will take full blame for it and not blame another staff members or players. I also do not call people names or be toxic towards them.

Knowledge

I know pretty much everything about the server and all the game-modes. I mainly play on factions but I played skyblock on another server and it definitely is similar. I also used to play a kit map on another server so I fully understand that. The prison I half get and half do not but I am currently learning and PracticePvP is obvious what it is about and I also do fully understand it.

Flexibility

I can change and experiment to fit into any job needed from catching a hacker, chat moderating, and building. I will try to fit it into my schedule because I cant take a block game over real-life I must go to my football practices and school.

Leadership

I am not scared to take charge of a situation if anyone else cannot handle it even if it means I have no clue what I am doing if so I will look at youtube videos or ask higher staff for some tips as I do not want to bother them. When I am in charge and I know what I am doing I will stand to put in the most effort and getting the job done.

Approachable

I am very easy to talk to there is no need to be scared when messaging me. If you are spamming or annoying me I will not just block you I will ask you to stop. If you need help my skype is DJ_GamingTv or just pm me in-game or on forums.

Fun

After everything is done I will start to enjoy the server speak to the community and just play with my friends or members. I just try to enjoy the game but if there is a hacker being called out in chat It will be back to serious mode.

Jealousy

I am not jealous of other peoples roles such as Admin or Sr.Mod or even Moderator I stick to my role and make sure I do it right as a Helper I understand that I am mainly a chat moderator and that dealing with inside bases and broken chunk busters are not my thing.

Reliable

You can rely on me for any job I'll get it done it won't take 5 days to do if you give me a time or not I will do it to my full extent and make sure that I do not lose your trust of any sort.

Activity

I am ridiculously active I have posted on all the recent staff applications I am always on. You will always see me helping new players with free rank or just any old simple command I play around 5 hours a day and hopefully you see that I am currently online at an amazing time where there are around 10 people on factions and there are no helpers or staff to moderate so I can help those who cant be helped at that time and those who hack, ban them instead of letting them get away because there is no staff on.

Understanding

I am very understanding in many situations like if you admit to hacks and I am also very forgiving to players for mutes or warnings.

Respectful

I am very kind and respectful to everyone in this community and I always respect the staff if they are having tough times and a player if he is bad a pvp I won't go lmao go get good I will respect that we as humans are not perfect and that we can learn from our mistakes.

Honesty

I will own up to anything if I did not get the job done or did not ban someone I was supposed to I will always say that it was me.

Positivity

I always try to stay positive no matter what if I am having a bad day I will always say to myself or my friends sometimes life gets hard and you fall but you just have to get back up and enjoy everything.

Patient

Ok, so I have matured since my last application I was impatient and it got denied for being impatient and immaturity so I have brought it up to myself that the comment that I made was not appropriate and that my staff application got denied for a very understanding reason. From this I have learnt that I must stop making these immature posts and just stop myself and look at what I am saying and how it would affect other people.

#1 ElChaponee, Jul 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  2. DiversityYT

DiversityYT Member

Been playing with you for a while but here are some tips
    Add more detail to scenario questions.
    + 0,5 from me josh

3. ElChaponee

ElChaponee Member

Thanks for the response I will add some more detail now!

4. ItsJoes

ItsJoes Junior Mod
    Junior Mod

Great Staff Member in the past. You are very active and easy to work with in my experience. Best of luck!

+1

5. ElChaponee

ElChaponee Member

Thanks, hopefully I see you soon on the staff team ;)

6. DiversityYT

DiversityYT Member

You added a little more detail :) +1 from me now!

7. ElChaponee

ElChaponee Member

Thank You!

8. RevolutionYT

RevolutionYT Member

Hello, ElChaponee!

I have known you for a while now and I have been staff while you have been staff also before and believe you were a very great staff member back in the days!

Pros:

You are very active in the Jupiter realm.
    You are helpful at times.
    You are very experienced
    You have been staff before

Cons
    You should add some detail on the scenario questions, the detail is lacking over there.

Overall

Good application, hope to see you on the team again!

Best of luck​

9. ElChaponee

ElChaponee Member

Thanks! I will add some extra detail!

10. UserNumberJuan

Interview - Hello, DJ_GamingTv
    Your application has been intensely reviewed and the management team and has decided to put your app to Interview stage.

Please PM me on the forums or on discord (DiscordUserNumberJuan#6437) to schedule your interview.

-UserNumberJuan

11. ElChaponee

ElChaponee Member

Thanks!

12. UserNumberJuan

Accepted - Hello, ElChaponee
    Your application has been intensely reviewed and the management team and has decided to accept your application congrats.

13. ElChaponee

ElChaponee Member

Thank you so much!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.