Join other players on play.universemc.us

Denied effortt's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by effort, Oct 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. effort

effort Mars, Jupiter, Skyblock and Prison Main

• Minecraft Username:

effortt

• What's your timezone?:

MST (Mountain Standard Time)

• Are you staff on any other servers?:

Not at the moment and don't really see myself wanting to be staff on any other server besides UniverseMC.

• Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone? If you have discord, please list your full discord name and tag. Example; Example#1234:

My discord is kyle#4201. I have a working microphone.

• Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?:

I do

• Do you have a donator rank on any of our game modes?:

I have Titan on Mars Dimension, never really spent money on minecraft servers.

2) Where are you most active on the Universe Server?:

I'm active on Mars, Jupiter, Skyblock and Prison (in the limited seasons) I've also played KitPvP many times but there's a lack of players there.

3) How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:

3-4 hours per day. That's everyday as school doesn't really affect how much I play.

4) Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details (if applicable):

I've been muted a few times and once banned for 24 hours but I've realized my mistakes and have apologized.

5) SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?:

First go through all evidence. most likely not unmute the well known player as the mute was probably called for and justified, if the other players spam me enough I'll also mute them for spam.

6) Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?:

I used to be very toxic last year, it made me a pretty bad person and my character was very shot. I realized this and knew I needed to clean up my act and did. I started being more positive and helping players. This really helped me through some tough stuff I was going through. Being toxic is a big strain on yourself

7) Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? If not, please explain how you could do as staff even without having any previous experiences. (Minimum 200+ words):

I have been staff on some notable servers but I really want to be staff with this server and community as they have helped me through stuff in my life that I can't even comprehend

TheArchon - About 2 years ago I was Moderator on TheArchon. The server was going through a change when staff, players and youtubers were a bit scarce. I was staff for about 6 months and saw the downfall then the start of the rise but one of my relatives died and I had to go across the country for about a month and had to retire due to inactivity.

VerixPvP (Skyblock) - I was moderator back in, I believe 2018. I worked hard with about 3 hours of playtime per day for 3 months straight. My responsibilities were to ban/ss/mute players, I was most active of forums and helped out a lot there and I made sure the server, more specifically my realm, ran well. I started to get bored and retired.

I've been staff on about 3 other factions servers, 2 other skyblock servers and 1 prison server but they were much smaller and don't believe they hold a position on my staff application.

8) If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?:

I play sports. I competitively play basketball and play other sports like, football, bowling, soccer etc with friends for fun.

9) SCENARIO: You're on a busy game mode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a junior moderator for a hacker, someone then messages you on discord telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?:

I prioritize the most important stuff that is happening, in this case it would be to message 1-3 Jr. Mods to get on and help deal with banning the hacker (I would provide the staff with details on the hacker, like IGN, what hacks they're using etc). I wouldn't sit around and wait for the hacker to be banned, I'd then join the channel where the music is being blasted and server deafen the player if the music is deemed too loud. If the cheater is not banned by the time I've dealt with the music scenario I'd record the hacker for more proof just incase it's needed.

10) SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?:

I look at all the proof, rules and facts. If I still deem the punishment is correct I'll message another higher up staff member to agree/disagree on the punishment.

11) Anything else we should know?:

I have excellent communication skills; I am very professional when speaking to others. I've played factions for about 5-6 years, skyblock for 3-4 years and prison for 2-3 years so I believe I'd be a great asset to UniverseMC. I've played mostly competitive gamemodes but also non-competitive so I have well rounded knowledge of all the gamemode and how to deal with each and every scenario.

Thank you! - kyle

2. Archie

Archie Ex- Nooberator

Heyo! Best of luck on your application!

effort likes this.
  3. effort

Tysm! Any constructive criticism is appreciated and I actually like it!

4. NiceKB

NiceKB Member

Legend +1

effort likes this.
  5. effort

I very much am a legend! very experienced

6. PenguinNerd

PenguinNerd Fluffy Penguin <3

Here is a comment on your mesage and application.

1. Experience isn't everything, the process and the way you handle certain situations as staff is what counts.
    2. Your application is lacking extreme amounts of detail, I'd suggest working on that
    3. The color scheme is a bit hard to read, I'd suggest lighter colors

Other than that, Best of Luck!

~ Penguin

7. Zoxide

Zoxide Member

I completely agree with Penguins suggestion, as he stated just because you have experience does not automatically make you good, it is all about the ways you handle situations, I could have the most reputable positions but handle situations poorly, just because I have had good positions in the past does not mean I am automatically good.

Best of luck
    - Zox

8. droppedexe

droppedexe Non-staff Staff Critic

Penguin and Zoxide are correct, but don't feel bad because they are basically dating and will do anything for each other(sarcasm they just suck each other off all the time), I would start with fixing those errors they pointed out, and also try to be more active on all platforms(such as forums, discord, and in-game) as I have never seen you in my entire life.
    Sincerely-
    drop

9. effort

I hate edaters so I'll just ignore them

10. Sarnando

Sarnando Member

Like PenguinNerd stated, your application is a bit bare and could do with some more detail.
    Good luck!

11. effort

ok weeb man sarnando

12. T0PB0Y

T0PB0Y Network Helper
    Helper

Hey Effort
    Grammar - misuse of commas and dashes here and there, but not too much to be worried about when talking about grammar.

Detail - not that bad, but I would try to add more because I feel like you are just over the fence if you know what I mean.

Design - I don't know what to feel about it. Personally I would have gone with something else but it is still readable.

Overall, add more detail.

13. Mudbug4

Mudbug4 Member

Im not gonna lie I don't think I've ever seen you on Jupiter and that is the main server I play, I've been playing since around season 4 or 5 I believe yet your name doesn't ring a bell to be but as for the app I would say add more detail as everyone else says

14. Tank

Tank Staff Application Critic

Denied - Hello!

After long consideration, your application has been denied for the following reasons:

Denied due to:
    -Globally inactive
    -Immaturity (response to Sarnando)
    -Some grammar mistakes (like capitalizing proper pronouns, such as "I")

Note: Make sure you're active during your application process!

(You may reapply in one week)

-Tank

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.