Join other players on play.universemc.us

Denied Duyie's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by Duyie, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Duyie

Duyie Member

1) Simple Information

Minecraft Username:

My Minecraft username is Duyie.

Previous Minecraft Usernames (if applicable):

My past usernames can be viewed here: https://namemc.com/search?q=Duyie

What's your timezone?: AU (Australia) - AEST (Australian Eastern Standard Time)

Age: I am currently 14 years of age, 13 in my background.

Are you staff on any other servers?: No, I am currently not staff member on any other servers.

Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone? If you have discord, please list your full discord name and tag. Example; Example#1234: Yes, I have access to Discord and a working microphone. My Discord is Duyie#1666.

Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?: As of right now, I am not currently able to record Minecraft videos but soon I will download a program like the O.B.S recorder to record Minecraft videos.

Do you have a donator rank on any of our game modes?: Yes, I have a donator rank on the Jupitar realm
    I believe, and it's the Solar rank.

2) Elaborate

2) Where are you most active on the Universe Server?: As of right now, I am most active on the realm called Mars.

3) How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:

Here's my current status:

Right now (and for another 6 days or so): 7+ Hours
    School days: 3-4+ Hours
    Weekends: 5-6+ Hours

4) Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details (if applicable): Yes, I have been banned and punished several times on multiple servers. Previously when I was 9 - 10 and played Minecraft, I would describe myself as an attention <Swear Word> or immature person. That person that would always talk in chat, try to find fights, do really annoying or bad stuff, things like that. I was first banned for spamming, I believe which was a few days then muted for a week for causing group spam (accident, things happen).

Personally, I wouldn't tell you this if I didn't have to but since it's mandatory, I'll tell you. I used to use a client named "Wurst" and hack on servers going from <Server Name>, <Server Name>, CubeCraft, <Server Name> & a bunch more servers that I forgot the name of. I abused the client quite hard, using kill aura, flying, tracers, yeah it was stupid of me but I will say, I have stopped. My biggest regret from using the hacked client was when I was playing single player on a skygrid map and then I logged onto <Server Name>, the server I used to play on whenever I had free time and would giveaway my kits on kit-pvp. One time when I was on kit-pvp, I was giving away my kits like usual because I had Immortal rank, the best rank on the server (100$+ F.Y.I) and I was so glad to have that. Then I had to go to the bathroom so I dropped my Immortal kit, jumped on a stone brick somewhere at the spawn area and I had accidentally pressed K. The K button toggled kill aura but I didn't know that so when I came back, I was guessing someone reported me because I saw kill aura on for my client. I was ashamed and knew was going to happen, and that was the end.

About a month later, I appealed, it got denied. I was about 10 when that happened. After about a year and 3-4 months, I re-appealed and it got accepted! Hooray! I was so happy to be back then I got muted for 3 days and then a week again. I quit! Hope you enjoyed my most embarrassing story ever.

5) SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?: Well first, it sounds kind of illogical how I muted them and they're still talking first of all, unless they went on some sort of alt or messaged me on another platform like Discord. And second, I wouldn't really care if they're really well-known, I just want to get my job done, then become well known myself. All in honesty, I wouldn't really care about others in this scenario.

What I would do? I would probably message another staff member and tell them about this one guy, or take it into my own hands by extending their mute / perm mute as they're basically evading their mute, no?

6) Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?: A mistake I made last year...

I'm guessing you mean in the virtual word of MC, so I'll tell you a mistake in MC! If not, then... Whoops.

Discrimination! A big mistake I made when I started playing again on <Server Name> (I quit a few days ago). A few people and I were talking in chat, saying jokes about Indian tech scammers... Oh you know. I thought it was quite rude so every joke we made I would kind of feel bad inside or make a little apology. Even one of them were Indian but they didn't care.

Then I kind of went too far. Past the Indian tech scammer jokes, and into the discrimination zone! The "your mom gay" zone. An innocent player in chat said for me to stop making jokes in chat or he'll report me. I knew nothing would happen anyways since I read all the rules (Gotta be careful boys) but I was feeling tired so I ended his whole Minecraft career with a "your mom gay" comeback and he was pissed, oh yeah.

When I came back from the shower, I was going to say "Sup (Username), can I have some money bro, I need to rank up to Z man!". When I pressed enter, I knew, I f*cked up.

"You have been muted for Discrimination!

Duration: 1 Week
    Think this punishment was a mistake? You can appeal at ______"

I dealt with this by first of all, appealing again and it was accepted, and I furthermore agree to not say anything like this again unless it's not prohibited, fully and everyone thinks it's funny instead of disrespectful or rude.

I learnt to understand how others feel. I thought people argue all the time like me. I always thought that words in this game from other players doesn't really matter so I don't care about what they say, but I am slowly hurting them with my own words as they may not feel the same as me.

7) Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? If not, please explain how you could do as staff even without having any previous experiences. (Minimum 200+ words): Yes, I used to co-own a server with a friend that only had about 5 to 10 players. I don't remember much, but I'd say I was a good co-owner. I also moderated a server with 50 players and that was a fantastic experience! Let's talk about the one I was moderator in, with 50 players, hey?

The moderator rules weren't so strict in that server and I was actually offered it for how active and kind I was! I was pretty new to a leadership experience so I thought I could still slack off, and do the same stuff, just with a "Moderator" tag! Ha ha, nope. I was required to be twice as active! (I mean I only played on that server for half an hour then played on other servers) I thought 1 hour was too much, just watching over chat and beind bored. The experience here was pretty good because I never felt cool and had leaded others in a good mindset! Hoping one day they will become like me, a spoiled kid that eats chocolate everyday a nice wholesome person that helps other people out! Even in real life to be honest with you.

I'd say I would do a good job as a staff and share my wholesome-ness to the server.

8) If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?: One of my outdoor and indoor based hobbies are playing down-ball, tennis & reading textbooks. I'm a A+ Student, with my 160 IQ i got from guessing! Ha, I'm a genius! You can't beat my IQ. O wait...

Every now and then, I would also do a wide range of things from yoga, meditating, doing stretches, etc.

9) SCENARIO: You're on a busy game mode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a junior moderator for a hacker, someone then messages you on discord telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?:

I have a few options for this! Let's make a game. Choose which one you'd think Duyie would do or just can / the correct option / logical one.

1) I'm good at multitasking so this is easy peasy, lemon squeasy. < 200 IQ grammar right there boys. Doesn't even matter. I'll just ignore one person and help the other person! Or try to help em both! And fail miserably!

2) Clone myself twice and leave the two clones to sort it out.

3) Do exactly what they want! Since a player needs a junior moderator, and one needs help with someone blasting music in their channel, I would have to think which one is more important. Blasting music, or a hacker on the run! Easy! It's more logical to help the player with the hacker first, because you can just try asking for a junior mod and then tell them to wait patiently then deal with the other person. But either way, there's a quick solution to both. You can evade the hacker situation like I said before, call and see if one is active then tell them to wait patiently, or you can solve the person with music being blasted easily by temp muting them. (Also depends on your server rules, maybe it's just a warn, or a mute too)

(option 3)

10) SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?: It's hard to sort this one out, so I'll make a chat log if that's okay!

[Member] xXGemaxX: This Moderator is so dumb lmao
    [Member] Jamingo: Ikr, I just wanna smacc him y'now
    [Member] Jason281623 /msg Duyie bro why u mute my friend for group spam, he's not even talking you stupid butt hole face idiot.
    [Member] Jif: Report Duyie guys for incorrect punishment!
    [Helper] Duyie: Everyone, please calm down. I will handle this punishment accordingly. My apologies for this disruption, everyone.
    [Member] xXGemaxX: Dis dood doe br0, so weird.

I would try to look into what I've done wrong and punish them accordingly, or if I tabbed the wrong user whilst muting someone, I would see if I had the perms to unmute them and mute the correct person! If necessary, I would discuss my incorrect punishment with a staff or see if I am wrong or right.

11) Anything else we should know?:

No.

#1 Duyie, Apr 16, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  2. SourPatchSkidz

Suggestions:

Add slightly more detail
    Become more globally active
    Become more well known in the community

Best of luck!

Duyie likes this.
  3. Duyie

Duyie Member

Thank you for the suggestions!

SourPatchSkidz likes this.
  4. RoboticSavage

RoboticSavage Restricted
    Muted

Pending - Congratulations, you have made it through to the next stage. In this stage we will be reviewing you on your activity in-game and on our social media sites.
    Be sure to stay as active as possible and we will review your app again within the next 3-5 days.

One thing I do really want to emphasize on is your global activity. I need to see a massive boost, the last push.

Thanks.

5. SourPatchSkidz

Congrats on pending!

6. BigBlakk

BigBlakk I'm Asian.

GG on pending, well-deserved!

#6 BigBlakk, Apr 21, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
  7. Ghostinqs_

Ghostinqs_ Member

Congrats on the pending well done

8. Zoxide

Zoxide Network Moderator

Hello!
    First of all I would like to congratulate you upon recieveing pending!!
    One thing I would like to see changed would be your color scheme, at the moment it is extremely bright and makes it harder to read! I hope you take my advice upon editing your application!

Best regards,
    - Zoxide

9. Dorito_

Dorito_ Senior Moderator
    Senior Mod

Hey @Duyie, after reviewing your application I have come up with some suggestions for you:

» Remove all the immature jokes scattered throughout your application as they make your application seem unprofessional.

» Boost your activity throughout all the servers

» Fix multiple grammatical errors

» Rethink some of your answers for the scenario questions as it seems you have taken them unseriously by answering in a "joking" like manner

I know I am a bit late, but editing your application while pending is still important because the administration team will take a second look over your application.

Good luck on your application!
    - Dorito

10. RoboticSavage

RoboticSavage Restricted
    Muted

DENIED - Hello there!

Your application has been intensely reviewed by the management team and it has been decided to deny your application; you may reapply in 1 week.

Be sure to look at our writing guide, this will help you when writing your next application https://universemc.us/threads/application-writing-guide.864/ and our general requirements, https://universemc.us/threads/staff-application-requirements.15/

For these reasons your application has been denied:
    - Lack of maturity
    - Lack of detail
    - Little dedication

Please take care to fix this up when creating your next staff application in 1 month.

Thanks.