Join other players on play.universemc.us

Accepted Dorito_'s Staff Application

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by Dorito_, Mar 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dorito_

Dorito_ Trial Administrator
    Trial Administrator

Simple Information

Minecraft Username:
    Dorito_

Previous Minecraft Usernames:
    Dorito_Gaming

What's your timezone?:
    I am in the PST timezone

Are you staff on any other servers?:

------------------------------

Currently I am not staff on any server, However, I have been staff on a popular server named Royal-Craft. It was a server that had around 400-500 people online at a time! I started out as a Junior helper, and worked my way all the way up to Head-Admin and Staff manager. But, my journey was not simple; I had to be constantly active every day for countless hours. And After a whopping 8 months, I finally achieved my goal of becoming the server manager. And sadly after I took my 2 year break from Minecraft, the server shut down for an unknown reason. I even decided to check the main Youtuber's channel from the server and noticed none of his videos were up anymore. This of course made me pretty upset, but I have moved onto this server which is much more fun!

Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone? If you have discord, please list your full discord name and tag:

Yes, I have access to discord. Discord username is Dorito_#6788.
    And I also have access to a good microphone (Blue Yeti Pro)

Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?:

Yes, I can record Minecraft videos. I currently use the OBS screen recorder and the Nvidia screen recorder which both record with great quality. I can use the screen recorders to record hackers for proof of them cheating. It is very important to never hackusate unless you have proof!

Do you have a donator rank on any of our game modes?:

Yes. I have the [Wanderer] donator rank in the Mars Dimension and the #HotVibez tag.
    I also have the
    [Legend] donator rank in the Neptune Dimension. However, I still plan on buying more things such as a rank upgrade or a G-Kit across all the dimensions.

Elaborate

Where are you most active on the Universe Server?:

I am definitely most active on the Mars Dimension. I mainly play on the Mars Dimension because that is where my friends are at. However, I plan on hopping on the other Dimensions to get a better feel of what they are like. You never know if you like something if you haven't tried it yet.

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:

I plan on contributing a lot of my time to the server. However, because I am in the running start program for my school, I have much more work to do and have multiple SAT preparation lessons after school. But, this wont stop me from not playing. I Try my best to get on as much as possible during the week. And on the weekends, I can stay on for however long I want. Listed below is my "Play-Times" Schedule.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Play-Times
    Monday: 9:00 PM -> 2:00 AM
    Tuesday: 9:00 PM -> 2:00 AM
    Thursday: 9:00 PM -> 2:00 AM
    Friday: 9:30 PM -> 4:00 AM
    Saturday: 8:00 AM -> 4:00 AM
    Sunday: 8:00 AM -> 2:00 AM

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details:

Yes. I have been permanently muted on multiple servers before due to me advertising one of my friends servers. But keep in mind, this occurred more than two years ago. Back then I was immature and did not know how to act politely. The biggest incident however, was getting muted on the server <Server Name>. This happened when my friend just made a server and we got everything set up. We were both so excited and desperate for players, that we both just decided to go onto the bigger servers and spam the server IP in chat. But, little did we know, this was a very bad mistake. Only a couple of people ended up joining and we ended up getting muted on <Server Name>. I was so sad that I got muted on <Server Name> that I decided to file an appeal. But, because I was not so good at writing, my appeal got denied. And after this moment, I decided to take a very long break from Minecraft. And after all this time flew by, I finally decided to make a second appeal on the server. But, this time i came prepared; I had matured and gotten much better at writing. And after I made my second appeal, It got accepted. And yes every once in a while I did get banned instead of getting muted, BUT, I have never cheated in Minecraft in my whole life. I find cheating very unfair for other players and I always put myself in the other persons perspective. Cheating in any game just makes the game worse for other players, and that is what makes it extremely selfish.

[SCENARIO]: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?:

I would begin by telling the player that their actions could just augment their punishment. If the server has a specific set of rules, I would read over them and see if I would need to elongate his punishment for constantly arguing and spamming with me. If the player continues to spam me, I would kick them and instantly report what has occurred on the server with provided screenshots as proof. When muting a player, it is usually because they have violated the chat rules to an extreme measure. Therefore, if someone where to have been muted by me, it would have to mean that they were spamming the chat to an extent level or saying awfully offensive racial slurs.Therefore, if the player were to argue with me, I could provide the screenshots taken in game and use them as legitimate evidence to back me up. If the player joins back after the kick and continues to spam me, I would unfortunately have to request a temporary ban for the player. But, this will not always be the solution... because there is a possibility that no moderators will be online. I would need to inform the player that if he continued to spam me, his actions could end up resulting in a much more serious punishment; such as a ban.

Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?:

A little bit less than a year ago, I got my Drivers license. I was very excited to finally be able to drive myself, but I was very upset that I was not allowed to drive my close friends for another 6 months. But, of course I made a foolish mistake of taking my friends on a joyride with me. Although I never ended up getting caught, I felt guilty every day since the incident. I talked with my parents and told them what I had done. They were not mad at me, they were just disappointing. And from now on, whenever my friends ask me to take them somewhere, I tell my self that what I am doing is wrong. And it prevents me from breaking that rule.

Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience?

I would say I have a decent experience with server moderation. As I said earlier, I used to play every day on a server named RoyalCraft. It was a somewhat large server that had many unique players online from across the globe. I would get on every single day for countless hours and help players on a daily basis. Even though I was not allowed to join any faction due me being an admin, I still enjoyed going onto the server and making the community more happy. Although this was by far my biggest server moderation experience, I still had a few smaller ones. I was also staff on a couple of servers that had around 40-50 players online constantly. However, I was never able to make my way all the way up to Admin because the Owner was rarely online and I did not have any good form of communication with any of the other staff members. Other than Royalcraft, I was also a staff member on a server named CrestPvp.Net. It was a PvP server that had an average of 30-40 people online at a time. Although this server did not have as many people, It was still a great experience that allowed to me expand my knowledge and skills of how to be a great staff member.

What hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -Rock Climbing / Hiking-
    I love the outdoors and nature. I find mountain ranges and forests very beautiful which is why I enjoy exploring them so much. When I was just 5 years old, my mother signed me up for rock climbing. I feel like this was one of the best things my mother has done for me because now I am an advanced rock climber and compete in some climbing tournaments. But, Rock climbing isn't the only spring sport I do. I also Hike; My biggest achievement was reaching the summit of Mount Rainier. It was a total of 4 days just to reach the top, and I needed to come prepared with lots of gear. Mount Rainier was very a very fun hike but it was just one of the hundreds of hiking trails I had conquered.

-Soccer-

I began playing soccer when I was 7 years old. My parents had noticed the way I kicked the ball around my backyard and decided to sign me up for a recreational team for a soccer club. I really enjoyed playing Soccer with my new friends, I was always very excited to go and play with them every other day. And after every year, I had began to feel like I was advancing more and more. And as I grew up, I had been moving up in levels and switching to different teams that were more advanced. After a whopping 10 years of soccer, I now play for the 'A' team for my Highschool.

-Tennis-
    I started playing Tennis in 2014, when I was about 11 years old. At first, I felt like Tennis was a pretty boring sport because all the kids in my lessons were always much better than me. But, after having a talk with my Uncle who was a professional tennis player, he told me that playing against people who are better than you is the best way of getting better at anything. So I took his advice and continued playing for the same team. But, I was also taking a private lesson that would help me achieve my goals some players on my team. Taking 1 on 1 lessons helped me advance in tennis a lot, It allowed me to expose the skills inside of me that I never knew I possessed. After playing tennis for 2 years, I was finally able to overcome every single player that I used to play with.

-Community Volunteering-
    In the summer of 2016, I realized that I needed volunteering hours for my high school. So I spent hours searching for the activities that I would enjoy doing the most. After going through hundreds of volunteering ideas, I stumbled upon a community theater for disabled children. I was always passionate about this subject so I knew I had to volunteer there. My first year of volunteering at the 'BYT' community theater was an amazing experience. I helped set up shows and did many fun and engaging activities with all the kids. And after the second year of Volunteering, I became the favorite camp counselor there. I plan on returning every year to 'BYT' because it is just such an amazing experience for me and all the kids there. (Below is attached a picture for proof of my volunteering hours):
    https://imgur.com/zeNKTBP

-FreeRide Snowboarding-
    Two seasons ago, my family and I went to Whistler, Blackcomb in Canada. Whistler was always my favorite place to go snowboarding because they had the best runs and the best terrain parks I had ever seen. While I was on the slopes with my family, I accidentally caught a glimpse of one of my old friends that I hadn't seen for a while. I asked my family if it was OK for me to go snowboarding with him. They told me it was fine and they just wanted me to meet them at the lodge around 3:00PM. So my friend Mason and I went up to the tallest point accessible on the mountain and rode down. But, we didn't go down the normal routes, he took me to the back country where there were tons of cliff jumps and trees. I saw him gracefully jump off the cliffs and land perfectly. I knew I had to try this, so I asked him how he did it. He explained to me in detail and told me if I fell it wouldn't hurt because there was a lot of powder on the ground that day. So I decided to send it! I didn't end up landing it but the adrenaline rush made me want to do more and more of this back country snowboarding. My friend told me he was on a free-riding team that was extremely fun. So I decided to go ahead and join the team with him. And from now on, every season Mason and I speed our way down the slopes and compete in as many tournaments as we can for our team.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[SCENARIO]: You're on a busy game mode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a junior moderator for a hacker, someone then messages you on discord telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?:

First, I would take care of the discord problem as it would take a very short amount of time. Then, I would teleport to the players while being in /v to make sure the suspected player doesn't see me. I would carefully observe the player that is suspected of cheating and I would record it all for evidence. If the suspected player is actually cheating, I would send the video to the moderators and tell them to look over it ASAP. Even if I personally think the player was not cheating, I would still send the video to the staff team to get their individual opinions on the report video. This is to assure that personally did not miss something small that occurred which shows proof of the player actually cheating. Now for the second option if I did not have the abilities to force teleport to a player and go into /vanish. I would send a teleport request to the players who reported the cheat. And when I teleport to them, I would observe the cheaters from a slightly larger distance to assure they do not see me. Although this would be less efficient, I should still be able to determine whether or not the player is actually cheating. Then, I would send the video to the upper staff.

[SCENARIO]: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?:

If it was in fact truly an incorrect punishment with provided evidence, I would unpunished the player. I would then sincerely apologize to the 4 players that were upset with my actions. I would tell them it was a mistake and that the player that was punished has been unpunished. But, that's not all; I would warn the players in chat for spamming me. After that, I would screenshot the chat for proof of them spamming, and then post it into the 'staff discord' and then would tell the players to [if they wish] report me as a staff member on the forums for making an incorrect punishment.

Anything else we should know?:

Even though I gave specific times for my play schedule, that does not mean that those are the only times I am able to get online, I try my best to get on whenever I can. I would also like to thank everyone who has taken the time to read my application. I would highly appreciate any advice on changes to my application. I wish the best of luck to every single one of you!

EXTRA QUESTION:

What qualities do you have over another staff member?:

I think the main quality I posses is being able to stay up much later than most staff members. As I stated in my schedule, I can stay up till 3:00AM on most days of the week. I think this would be very useful for everyone on the server because lets say for example there are no staff online and someone is spamming the server. This would be a situation where I could come in and punish the player accordingly for what they have done.

-Dorito

#1 Dorito_, Mar 30, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
  2. mebigjamie

mebigjamie Pending

Hello @Dorito_, here are some suggestions you should consider,

❖ Adding more detail into your application
    ❖ Expanding on all questions as it shows that your only putting in the minimum amount of work
    ❖ Fixing up simple grammatical errors
    ❖ Become more globally active (All Server Platforms, Forums, Discord social media if applicable)
    ❖ Adding more to questions seven as it needs a minimum for 200 words, this shows that you can follow simple instructions (your 42 words off).

Otherwise everything else seems fine,
    Good luck!

~ me
    bigjamie

Dorito_ likes this.
  3. SourPatchSkidz

I will have to agree with everything here

Dorito_ likes this.
  4. Dorito_

Trial Administrator

Thanks I will fix this now!

5. Dorito_

Trial Administrator

Hey! I have fixed:

* Adding More detail
    * Expanded on all my questions
    * And fixed every single grammatical error
    * Added alot more onto Question 7

Thanks for your feedback! It was very helpful.

SourPatchSkidz likes this.
  6. CodeXeno

CodeXeno Member

Nice application, add a little more detail to scenario questions. Just try to be more well known in the community

Dorito_ likes this.
  7. Dorito_

Trial Administrator

Hey! Thanks so much for the feedback, I will add more detail to the scenario questions now. And I am also currently trying to get more noticed in the community.

#7 Dorito_, Apr 1, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
  8. tamas3137

tamas3137 Member

DAM Saturday and Sunday all night for an adolescent idk

Dorito_ likes this.
  9. Dorito_

Trial Administrator

Hey @tamas3137 ,
    I know it may seem unrealistic to stay up so late on a Saturday or Sunday, its just i've been pulling all nighters on the weekends much more recently, making me somewhat less effected each time I do one. Thank you for making me check over my times as I have found a typo in the schedule I made.

Have a good rest of your day!

10. Courkie

Courkie Member

Do not deal with user
    The user is a former admin on a server called Royalcraft, the user has made several lies in this forum, one being the playerbase of Royalcraft which barely even peaked 200. Had around 80-100 on consistently at the most. The user failed to mention he was DEMOTED. When he was demoted the user offered not only me but several ally faction to /gmsp into bases and raid them. The user is scandalous and needs to be taken with caution. At the time OP was a good friend of mine, we created a server together called ResistanceMC which made around 120$, which isn't bad for 15+ players full of kids, The user eventually ran off with the funds and I had to shut down, user made an excuse that his friend took the money from our paypal and it wasn't his fault. being the gullible person I am, I rebranded and brought him with me into a server called AIRPVP which made around 450$ and had a consistent 50+ playerbase, The user this time not only ran with the money but griefed the server, deleted files, left the discord and blocked me. I did nothing with the brand until I eventually sold the server. I ended up making a new discord and spotting him in the UniverseMC discord and pm'd him and he happened to be clueless about the whole situation and acted like this never happened, I then brought up our old forums link from 2017 and he made an excuse "I might've played the server once but never logged on after that". The user is overall scandalous and should be taken with caution. Slight proof can be provided of this whenever I am able to hop onto my PC.

11. Dorito_

Trial Administrator

Hey @Courkie, (Orignal name on here was 2pac). To start off I would like to inform you that I have already reported your accusations to the staff on the discord server. They have told me to not listen to people like who. But, I would still like to inform you on some mistake you wrote in your essay to me.

1) The server always had 500 people online, my guess is that you joined after the server staff became extremely inactive and multiple duping glitches were being used. This is during the decline of the server which eventually caused the server to shut-down.

2) I was demoted but not for cheating in the game, I got demoted by the owner due to not playing on the server for 2 months in a row. The server had a monitoring system that informed all the upper staff when another staff used any command. Not only that, but as an Admin on the server, I vowed to never abuse my permissions on the server. (If anything I remember when we were in a faction together and you were begging me to teleport you to a players base, and I always declined you.)

3) Everything this user said after this was just a big lie, I yes remember him telling me to join his server to take a look at it, so I did. But I can guarentee to you, I never became a staff member on his server and left shortly after

4) I have screenshot evidence that we have never communicated on anything other than an actual Minecraft server.

To summarize, I truly am not sure why you would accuse me on this server, but whatever you are trying to attempt here, it will not work because I have screenshots of our whole conversation on discord yesterday.

I know I should have personally replied to this user in private DMs I just needed to inform everybody who views my application, that 2pac is in fact making a hoax.

2pac, everyone has the right to report someone, but it means nothing with no proof. Keep in mind, I have screenshots of you messaging me yesterday asking me to join your new server saying I would be a good staff member. Not only that, I also have a screenshot of you saying I never griefed you when I asked what I did to you...

(If any staff members have a question, feel free to DM me)

#11 Dorito_, Apr 2, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
  12. Courkie

Courkie Member

Let me stop you there, there's a few things that caught my eye haha, Firstly, there is videos of the server of their launch. even on launch day they ever peaked 300+. So you want to go on this application and makes lies to make you sound better? nah cut the <Swear Word>, and you claimed that I told you to hop on the server and check it out? nah lmao you told me through discord that you might've, Keyword, RANDOMLY logged on the server once but didn't hop on again, How can you randomly hop on, and hop on when I tell you to check it out? seems like a bullshit lie to me, here I was actually starting to believe that you didn't remember a single thing, and as far as the "never" griefed thing, this was related to the first server ResistanceMc, Not to mention I have numerous discords, and the one I happened to contact you on has never shared a single message with you so of course there is no message history left over. Wait til I get on my pc and i'll drop proof.

13. Dorito_

Trial Administrator

Go ahead and drop proof, but please not on my application page because the comments posted under here are supposed to be useful feedback for me to use to make my application better. I will contact staff as to figure out how to deal with you and your rumors.
    Have a good day

14. SourPatchSkidz

I agree with dorito_ here, courkie take it to direct messages as the comments are supposed to be giving suggestions about applications, not arguing.

Dorito_ likes this.
  15. Archie

Archie Professional Mineman

Hello @Dorito_!

After completely reviewing your application I have come up with these suggestions to help improve your application.

• Fix up the color scheme; this is very opinionated, however, I suggest using more vibrant colors like Red & Bright Blues, just to make it stand out a bit more. Also, try sticking to the same color scheme throughout the whole application just to make it look clean and tidy. I suggest using a color wheel to identify colors that work well together. (Just google 'Color Wheel')
    • Add 56 more words to Previous Staff Experience; you only need 56+ words to meet the 200+ word minimum
    Hope you take these suggestions into consideration!

Glowing regards,
    - Archie

16. Dorito_

Trial Administrator

Hey @Archie Thanks for your feedback! I have changed the color scheme completely and added more vibrant colors to make my application look more appealing. However, I have noticed you told me to add 56 more words to "Previous Staff Experience", so I checked and noticed that you made a mistake and were looking at "Are you staff on any other server?". This specific section does not require require 200+ words.

Nevertheless, thank you so much for your feedback! It was very much needed for me to change my color scheme.

17. Dorito_

Trial Administrator

Hey Pxlize, I mainly play on Mars which is probably why you don't see me online. But, I am beginning to play on Jupiter as well. Thanks for the positive feedback!

Edit: (I am also currently in Mexico for my spring break. However, I will still try my best to get on as much as possible.)

18. TgeBeast

TgeBeast Member

-=I do not support this application=-:
    Not very detailed.
    Not 200+ Words on experience
    Trying not to get caught by removing the (200+ Words) on it.
    Adding an extra question.
    Never seen him online.
    -=Suggestions=-
    Fix all of these if you can.

19. Dorito_

Trial Administrator

Hey @TgeBeast I appreciate your feedback, but here are some things I have to say.

1.) I do not know where to add more detail as my application is already very detailed.

2.) I have 220 words on the question that requires 200+ words.

3.) I am not trying to hide the (200+ words), I removed it from the question because I thought it made the application look less clean.

4.) As I stated earlier, you probably have not seen me online because I mainly play on Mars.

5.) Finally, I decided to add an extra question because it shows I am dedicated and will do extra work for this server.

#19 Dorito_, Apr 7, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
  20. TgeBeast

TgeBeast Member

Also another reason. I have read the thing from the guy and I believe him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.