Join other players on play.universemc.us

Denied Dooble's Staff App!

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by iSlayerYT, Feb 8, 2019.

1. iSlayerYT

iSlayerYT Contrasted, I haven't heard that name in years.

1) Simple Information

• Minecraft Username:
    Dooblerod

• Previous Minecraft Usernames (if applicable): IzaEleven , Constrasted

• What's your timezone?: EST

• Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone?: Yes

• Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?: Yes

• Do you have a donator rank on any of our game modes?: On my main (hacked) I have void on jupiter and on my alt I have Noble on Mars

• What is your full discord name? Example: Example#1234: Dooblerod#7061

2) Elaborate

2) Where are you most active on the Universe Server?: Mars realm

3) How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: 4-5 hours a day unless I have real life obligations.

4) Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details (if applicable): I once got muted for Caps Lock, and I believe I once got banned for Ban Evading (trying to contact staff about my mute ban)

5) SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?: I would tell them why they were muted, how they could avoid doing it, and tell them just to wait it out. If they still are arguing, I would ask them for proof about why they deserve to be unmuted and look over it. If I made a mistake I would acknowledge that and if I didn't they would stay muted until it is over.

6) Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?: One time, my phone went missing at school. I instantly turned to my friend and started blaming him. He kept denying it. After a while, I turned back and my phone was on the floor. I apologized to him but he kept denying it. I learned from that to never make assumptions. It taught me to be a better person and be more tolerant with people.

7) Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? If not, please explain how you could do as staff even without having any previous experiences. (Minimum 200+ words): In real life, im in student government, and take public speaking. I do not have any experience leading in minecraft. However, I believe that my real world leadership skills are able to help me learn how to communicate with people, and teach them what they need to learn. Not to sound conceited, but I am very good at communicating with people and helping them with things they need. My real world speaking classes, might help me be able to talk things out with the person who has an issue, instead of getting them so riled up that they go to other staff and waste their time. I am also in the player council in the Universe MC discord. I believe that this shows that I can be trusted and approved with certain ranks with more power. I believe that I could do great at staff, because I understand the player base, and naturally love to talk to people and help them in any way that I can.

8) If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?: I play Cornerback for my junior high football team (varsity heavyweight). I love to play football because in real life I have a very aggressive nature. I also play center in basketball for our junior varsity team. I enjoy playing other video games, such as Apex Legends or Overwatch. I find being outside enjoyable, but still love to play video games sometimes.

9) SCENARIO: You're on a busy game mode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a junior moderator for a hacker, someone then messages you on discord telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?: I would tell them to hold on, and try to deal with the situation one at a time and to provide as good of help as I can to each of them. I would deal with the most severe ones first (hackers, ddos threats, etc), and deal with the smaller things (music, etc) after the more major things are dealt with. I would try my best to provide the best care for all of them.

10) SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?: I would make sure that it was indeed a "incorrect punishment". After that, I would ask the people spamming me to stop and tell them that I was dealing with it. Then I would apologize and give compensation from my balance or pvs to the player that was falsely banned/punished. If they are still not being compromising I would tell them that I am very sorry and say that if they still have other problems with me they could make a ticket and I would deal with it.

11) Anything else we should know?:
    I have 4 dogs, and they love everyone!

2. Tank

Tank Resigned Admin, Staff Application Critic
    Resigned

Hello! @iSlayerYT

Great application, I like the color.

I suggest to add more detail to application overall as it looks a tad underdeveloped (such as the scenario questions).
    I also suggest to check your application for any grammar errors as I noticed uncapsized pronouns and sentence fragments.
    Finally, it would be nice to see a detailed schedule of when you can be on the server (such as a Sun. to Mon. possibilities of how long you can be on for).

Besides that, nice job.

Good luck!

3. Dnoxal

Dnoxal Network Staff

Suggestions
    Add a bit more detail
    Become more globally active
    Bold some of the color scheme. (Questions, answers, etc)

4. PenguinNerd

PenguinNerd Fluffy Penguin <3

Hello, @iSlayerYT Here are some suggestions.

Suggestions:
    - Add more detail to the scenario questions
    - Fix Grammar Mistakes, throughout your application
    - Become more Globally Active (Forums, Discord, All Server Platforms, and Twitter if applicable)

Best of Luck.
    -Penguin

5. Darknetic

Darknetic Member

Suggestions
    - Be more active on Forums and discord
    - add more detail

6. Zoxide

Zoxide Member

Hiya, @iSlayerYT, Here is some feedback!

Suggestions:
    - Add more detail to the scenario questions.
    - Fix the grammar mistakes throughout the application.
    - Become more Globally Active, this concludes of, Twitter, Discord, Forums and the Network as a whole.
    - Try to help people out whilst in the application stages to try increase your chances.

I also very much agree with what @Tank said.

Good Luck!
    - Wee

7. RoboticSavage

RoboticSavage Restricted
    Muted

DENIED - Hello there!

Your application has been intensely reviewed by the management team and it has been decided to deny your application; you may reapply in 1 week.

Be sure to look at our writing guide, this will help you when writing your next application https://universemc.us/threads/application-writing-guide.864/ and our general requirements, https://universemc.us/threads/staff-application-requirements.15/

For these reasons your application has been denied:
    - Lack of global activity
    - Lack of effort
    - Lack of dedication
    - Failure to meet basic requirements.

Please take care to fix this up when creating your next staff application in 1 week.

Thanks.