Join other players on play.universemc.us

Denied Dodgedblocks Helper Application

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by Dodgedblocks, May 13, 2019.

1. Dodgedblocks

Dodgedblocks Member

1) Simple Information

• Minecraft Username:

Dodgedblocks

• Previous Minecraft Usernames (if applicable):

No other usernames

• What's your timezone?:

EST - (Eastern Standard Time)

• Are you staff on any other servers?:

No, I am loyal to Universe MC

• Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone? If you have discord, please list your full discord name and tag. Example; Example#1234:

Yes, I have discord and a working microphone.
    Discord is dodgedblocks#1449

• Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?:

Yes, I can record using Fraps or OBS.

• Do you have a donator rank on any of our game modes?:

Yes, I have blizzard on Factions and sky on Sky block.

2) Elaborate

2) Where are you most active on the Universe Server?:

I am mostly active on factions but I will play sky block about 25% of the time that I am playing.

3) How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:

Mondays: About 3-5 Hours
    Tuesdays: About 4-6 Hours
    Wednesdays: About 3-5 Hours
    Thursdays: About 4-6 Hours
    Fridays: About 5-6 Hours
    Saturday - Sunday: About 6-8 Hours if needed.

4) Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details (if applicable):

I don't think I have ever been banned on any server.

5) SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?:

The first thing I would tell them to do is that is they think that the mute is wrong they can make an appeal on the website. If I cannot reason with them, I'd take myself and the evidence to a higher ranked staff member. I would show them the evidence, and maybe get some help from them. If they did end up making an appeal, I would show another staff the evidence, and make sure they know why they are muted. I am fully unbiased and plan to stay that way, and any decision will not be biased for or against any player, even if they are good friends of mine.

6) Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?:

A time that I made a mistake was not doing my best in high school. I am still currently in high school, but in my sophomore year in high school I started to slack off and only play sports. This was a major mistake. I love sports and gaming but I started to get D's and F's, and because these grades were so low I would not play sports. This for me was a wake-up call and told me that I have to try harder to do better in school. After that point, I did all my work, did work that had been missed, and studied for tests when they were due. Now I am getting A's and B's, and now I have learned that if you want to succeed in life you have to try your hardest, and now I am trying my hardest to get helper, and I will try my best to take in any suggestions you guys may have for me.

7) Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? If not, please explain how you could do as staff even without having any previous experiences. (Minimum 200+ words):

Yes, I have previously been a helper on here on Universe MC. I had to resign because things were getting too busy for me and I had to take a break. (But I'm back now!) Previously I had learned a lot for being helper here. I learned the basics and how to handle things appropriately. I also had a great experience being here to build relationships and take in and learn as much as I can. I hope I can come back to being a helper on this great server. I am now committed and have time to be a great staff on this awesome server.

I have been co-owner of a server with my friend. The server was very unsuccessful, and we had to close due to financial issues. With this experience, I learned a lot of the commands that I need to know and how to run and help a server. With these commands, I can fluently be helper, and I will know all the commands that are needed to perform my job the best that it can be.

8) If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?:

I love sports as I stated above. I love to play basketball. It is a stress reliever to me and is a great way to settle down. I play basketball on Mondays and Wednesdays. Another hobby is collecting coins. I do this with my family but does not take that much time. With this, I build bonds in my family. Finally, I go to school to learn and get better.

9) SCENARIO: You're on a busy game mode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a junior moderator for a hacker, someone then messages you on discord telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?:

I would stay calm and not get panicky and overwhelmed. I would quickly jump in the discord call and make decisions whether or not the music is too loud and like earrape. Then, I would try to provide to the player's wishes as fast as possible. The hackers should be taken care of first. I would ask the people asking questions to me to settle down and answer them as fast as I can. I would then immediately tp to the hacker, and decide if he is really cheating. I would be recording this all so I can have proof to ban him and if he appeals I will have the proof. If he's a closet cheater, however, I will contact a higher ranked staff member to deal with him, as I am not equipped with the powers for dealing with those types of hackers. I would then message the other person complaining about the hacker, telling them that it will be dealt with.

10) SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?:

I would first tell them to make an appeal. Then, I'd then proceed to link the website or discord to talk it out. If they post solid evidence that the victim of this situation was actually not wrong for what they did, I'd apologize very sincerely, and say that it is all my fault and that I'm sorry, and say that it will never happen again. If they posted sub-par evidence, and make constant excuses about unbanning/muting the player, I would consult a higher staff member about the situation. If the staff member asked for proof of punishment, I would show him the screenshot or video of the player breaking the rules. Finally, I would go back to my game and tell the people that were messaging me about his punishment that the problem has been dealt with.

11) Anything else we should know?:

I used to be a helper on this server and when I resigned I instantly regretted it. I hope I can make it up to you guys. Thanks for taking the time to read my application and feel free to comment on any criticism or things to improve my application.

2. Acceptation

Helper

3. Strixii

Strixii Member

I thought it was one week to re-apply? As stated in https://universemc.us/threads/staff-application-format.6270/
    "If your application is denied, you will need to wait at least one week to re-apply."

4. Strixii

Strixii Member

5. Acceptation

Helper

6. Strixii

Strixii Member

Oh I was confused because it said on the writing guide.

7. Dodgedblocks

Dodgedblocks Member

Sorry I saw on the writing guide that I can re apply in a week and it was a new week that started. I am sorry it was a big misunderstanding

8. UserNumberJuan

UserNumberJuan Network Manager
    Manager

I have allowed other people who were denied recently to reapply. So, I will allow this application.

MrWild likes this.
  9. UserNumberJuan

Manager

Interview - Hello, Dodgedblocks
    Your application has been intensely reviewed and the management team and has decided to put your app to Interview stage.

Please PM me on the forums or on discord (DiscordUserNumberJuan#6437) to schedule your interview.

-UserNumberJuan

MrWild likes this.
  10. UserNumberJuan

Manager

DENIED - Hello, Dodgedblocks
    Your application and interview has been intensely reviewed and the management team and has decided to deny your app you may
    reapply in 2 weeks.

Lack of support from staff.

-UserNumberJuan