Join other players on play.universemc.us

Denied Discoverers Staff application

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by Conceptors, Jan 10, 2019 at 4:32 AM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Conceptors

Conceptors Member

1) Simple Information

Minecraft Username: Discoverers

Previous Minecraft Usernames: https://namemc.com/profile/Discoverers.1

Timezone: PST

Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone? Yes

Do you have the ability to record minecraft videos? Yes

Are you Star (Or Above) Nebula

What is your full discord name? Discoverers#4382

2) Elaborate

2) Where are you most active on the Universe Server? Jupiter, but, if kitmap was thing then also kitmap.

3) How much time do you have to contribute to the role? 4 - 6 per weekday and 6 - 10 on Saturday and Sunday so roughly 41 hours per week (probably more)

4) Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details. Yes as you may have noticed one of my previous names was "ItsNotHypixel" and I was punished for server names.

5) SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do? Kindly ask the player(s) spamming me to stop and obviously I wouldn't unmute the well known player if he/she got muted then they probably deserved it no matter if they are well known or not that doesn't mean they can't be punished because they are more known then others.

6) Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last month? How did you deal with it? What did you learn? I was responsible for something and I didn't step up for it and everyone suffered because I couldn't have just admitted I did something wrong and take the blame for it now I realize it's better if you do something wrong to admit to it and not risk them figuring it out after you said you didn't do it.

7) Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? (Minimum 200+ words) I have little to no previous server experience, however, I do have leadership experience. For 2 years I was the leader of our Boy Scout Troop and I learned some important leadership skills, however, I am shy and I don't like to boss people around but I don't mind being told what to do. I used to Co-own a server with a friend and I learned to tend to players needs and take criticism. I do think I could lead players and I know i'm no more important then they are just because I am a staff member. I also used to own a sad server that had little to no players but it was fun to see players enjoying themselves playing and to help people because I enjoy doing that and I don't mind going out of my way to help someone I don't know. I also have taken leadership in the 6th grade and in the 8th grade. I also don't mind not getting to play the server that much but spending most of my time helping players i'm also decently active on the Universemc discord and I can tend to tickets fast. I could probably tend to most tickets as I have thoroughly gone through the rules and taken the time to understand each and every one of them.

8) If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft? Track, Basketball, Football, Wrestling, Cross Country, and other after school activities. I also play other games but I mainly play Minecraft and if I was accepted I would spend all my time playing UniverseMC .

9) SCENARIO: You're in a busy gamemode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a moderator for a hacker, someone then pokes you on teamspeak telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do? First, open OBS to take care of the hacker then teleport to the hacker in staff mode then go in Teamspeak and take care of the person blasting music then right after try to record the hacker.

10) SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it? Quickly correct punishment if it's a no
    brainer if it's a tough decision ask someone of a higher staff position for assistance or check rules.

11) Anything else we should know? After being a regular player for over a year I understand what annoys players and common issues I also learned basic facts to help players in need. I'm also loyal and I don't mind putting all the time I can into Universemc. I can also speak some Spanish but not fluently. I'm also very polite, behaved, kind, and mature. I also, try to keep my toxicity to a minimum usually if i'm toxic it's just joking around but I understand how someone could misinterpret that as being rude. I also am active on discord and I could be active on forums if needed. I try to keep up with Universemc Twitter as well. Lastly, I can screenshare and I used to know a hacker so I know how to tell if someones using hacks I can tell nearly every hack and I know where to find them in a screenshare.

#1 Conceptors, Jan 10, 2019 at 4:32 AM
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2019 at 11:34 PM
  2. PenguinNerd

PenguinNerd Penguino
    Junior Mod

Hello, @Conceptors Here are some Pros, Cons, and Suggestions.

Pros:
    - Exceeds Age Requirement
    - Active on Jupiter

Suggestions:
    - Add more detail and put forth more effort into your application
    - Space out your questions and responses, so your application may appear more organized
    - Change the Color Scheme as it's too bright, and stick to two colors (Example: Orange and Blue)
    - Become less Toxic, as recently and in the past you've been quite toxic to staff and other players
    - Become more Globally Active (Forums, Discord, All Server Platforms, and Twitter if applicable)

Cons:
    - Lack of Detail and Effort
    - Unorganized Application
    - Recent and Past Toxicity towards Staff and other Players
    - Globally Inactive

Best of Luck.
    -Penguin

3. Acceptation

Acceptation Restricted
    Banned Muted Member

Why are your cons and suggestions the exact same...

You're just trying to make your comments bigger.

4. Acceptation

Acceptation Restricted
    Banned Muted Member

Full support for this man though

5. Conceptors

Conceptors Member

@PenguinNerd , Thank you for your feedback, I fixed most of what you recommended.

6. _fps_god_

_fps_god_ =>IGN : _Plewi_<=

7. _BlockGame_

_BlockGame_ Member

Only thing about this is the Questions and the Responses are mostly in the same color scheme
    and you cant really tell the difference between the two.
    At least bold the questions and you could keep the color scheme

8. Conceptors

Conceptors Member

9. SketchyAI

SketchyAI Network Helper
    Helper

Pros:
    Meets Age Requirement
    Active on Discord
    Active on Server
    Is able to record
    Has microphone
    Has Rank
    Meets Requirements for #7

Cons:
    Toxic Towards Staff & Players
    Semi non Detailed App
    Not Active on forums.

Suggestions:
    Be nicer to staff/players
    Try being helpful in chat by answering all questions the best you can
    File reports in #Report-Players [If can]
    If you can, put a little more details down for questions numbers 5,8, and 10
    Try being a little bit active on forums [So you can be globally active]

[Besides all of that, Good luck and can't wait to read your improvements!]
    ~ SketchyAI

10. Conceptors

Conceptors Member

@SketchyAI I have been nicer to players and staff and helped them out a lot recently and the toxicity was a joke to me and I now understand people might not have the same view point on how I treat players / staff.

11. Conceptors

Conceptors Member

But thank you for your feedback as well!

12. SketchyAI

SketchyAI Network Helper
    Helper

13. Dnoxal

Dnoxal Resigned Staff member

Agreed.

Good luck on your application!

As Sketchy Stated, be more active on forums.

#13 Dnoxal, Jan 14, 2019 at 2:27 PM
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2019 at 9:11 PM
  14. Iza

Iza Network Admin
    Admin

DENIED - Hello there!

Your application has been intensely reviewed by the management team and it has been decided to deny your application; you may reapply in 1 week.

Be sure to look at our writing guide, this will help you when writing your next application https://universemc.us/threads/application-writing-guide.864/ and our general requirements, https://universemc.us/threads/staff-application-requirements.15/

For these reasons your application has been denied:
    - Lack of dedication and detail in your application
    - Known for being quite toxic
    Please take care to fix this up when creating your next staff application in 1 week.

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.