Join other players on play.universemc.us

Denied Darknetic's staff application

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by Darknetic, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Darknetic

Darknetic Member

1) Simple Information
    Minecraft Username:
    Darknetic
    • Previous Minecraft Usernames:
    past names -> https://namemc.com/search?q=Darknetic

Timezone:
    PST

• Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone?
    I have access to discord and a working microphone.

• Do you have the ability to record minecraft videos?
    yes I have recording software but not the best quality

Are you Star (Or Above)
    Yes I am Ghoul on Jupiter with (a lot of kits) Noble on Mars, Champion rank on Neptune,and diamond rank on kit map

• What is your full discord name?
    Darknetic#2924

2) Elaborate
    2) Where are you most active on the Universe Server?
    I am mostly active on Jupiter, but I do play on Mars as well also Neptune when I see people on there.

3) How much time do you have to contribute to the role?
    Monday 2-4 hrs
    Tuesday 2-4 hrs
    Wednesday 2-4 hrs
    Thursday 2-4 hrs
    Friday 6-8hrs
    Saturday 5 - 12 hrs
    Sunday 3- 5 hrs (break day)
    Over break I'm on Morning to Night

4) Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details.
    Yes I am still now banned on cosmicpvp because I didn't read the rules on that server but it has been 2 year which was my fault because I didn't read the rules. Now I know to read the rules every other week so I don't get banned on this server or from any servers. Rules can get changed and I need to know so I don't get banned.

5) SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?
    First I show them the proof of why he was muted because the proof is very important when you mute or ban anyone on the server. I'll ask a mod or junior mod if I was wrong to mute them, If I made a mistake I'll tell admins to remove their punishment then I will apologize to the player. All players must follow the same rule new and old, players

6) Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last month? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?
    I didn't really make a mistake this month. The only real mistake was not being able to do my work since I had family issues and wasn't able to go to school for a week. I missed a lot of homework and stuff. When I came back, I was allowed to make everything back up. The lesson was to go to school whether you are sick or not. It is a pain to make up work.

7) Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? (Minimum 200+ words)
    First of all, I don't have leadership skills on the server because I never really applied for staff. I never really cared about being staff on a Minecraft server. I didn't start playing until I was actually got into which was like 6 months ago when I found this server. To be honest I don't have a lot of experience in Minecraft staffing but I do know when people are hacking on Jupiter. Some are just blatant. In real life leadership. I lead many events and I also run a D&D club at lunch. Some of the events I led was making events to collect canned food for homeless shelters and all the spirit events in our school. Another leadership I do outside of school is I a leader in the Youth group. The youth group is from 7th - 12th grade where we meet and go help out the community. I have been leading this group for 3 years now. The things we do is go out and help Homeless people. To help the Homeless we buy the needed stuff for the homeless, we bring them food for them and other supplies that can help them survive. I wish I can be helpful even though I don't know as much Minecraft staffing but I'm pretty sure I learn some new things about being staff.

8) If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft ?
    Hobbies outside of Minecraft is going golfing with my dad, and in the spare time on Sunday and through the week I work on the events for my leadership events and school events.

9) SCENARIO: You're in a busy gamemode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a moderator for a hacker, someone then pokes you on teamspeak telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?
    First I message the 2 players, I will deal with the hackers and I will kindly ask for the in-game names of the people hacking while I am doing it. I will start up recording software and go on TeamSpeak on my phone to stop the player who is blasting the music. Then I will tell 1 of the player while letting the other person has contacted me first so I will be helping them first then I will help you after

10) SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?
    First I will show them the proof of why I banned them. I will ask the other staff members if this was a false ban by showing them the proof I have on them. If I was wrong, I will tell an admin that It was a false ban and ill unban the player, then I will apologize for the false ban. Everyone makes mistakes.

11) Anything else we should know?
    I can speak Korean Fluently, but I can also speak English very well.

#1 Darknetic, Feb 11, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  2. RNS

RNS Member

Good luck!

3. Darknetic

Darknetic Member

TY

4. Tank

Tank Resigned Admin, Staff Application Critic
    Resigned

Hello! @Darknetic

So glad to see you apply again. I've seen some great improvement.

Although, I have two major concerns.

First one being the major grammar issues, they need to be addressed. I believe I would be correct to assume Korean is your primary language(?) but our server is based around English players and certain responses are hard to read without proper grammar. A great example would be the response to prompt no.9. In addition, be mindful of using than instead of then, capsizing pronouns, using commas when necessary, etc. I understand this is tough! Try your best to revise.

Second one being detail in some responses. More detail in your scenario questions would be appreciated, since they are of course the most important questions. This would most likely solve your grammar and clarity issues in your responses too.

Interested on where this goes.

Good luck!

#4 Tank, Feb 11, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  5. Darknetic

Darknetic Member

Thanks for the response, I will look into it again
    but I did live my entire life here so...

#5 Darknetic, Feb 11, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    Tank likes this.
  6. PenguinNerd

PenguinNerd Fluffy Penguin <3

Hello, @Darknetic Here are some Suggestions.

Suggestions:

- Add more detail to your scenario questions
    - Fix Grammar Mistakes throughout your application
    - Become more Globally Active (Forums, Discord, All Server Platforms, and Twitter if applicable)

Best of Luck.
    -Penguin

7. ShadeyPvP

ShadeyPvP Staff Member

Hey, @Darknetic! If you are having issues with grammar, try to use grammarly for chrome. Just search on google for "Grammarly extension" and add it to your chrome. It helps a lot with your grammar.

Application feedback:
    - Add a bit more detail.
    - Fix your grammer. ^^
    - Show more overall activity.

Best of luck!

- NotShadey

8. LiteB

LiteB Member

Grammar* and in my opinion Darknetic is a lot more active than 90% of the staff team that is currently on

zuccccc likes this.
  9. ShadeyPvP

ShadeyPvP Staff Member

Could be so, don't want to call it an opinion though it's just true or false can't be an opinion.

10. Darknetic

Darknetic Member

I did check it through Grammarly but ok I will check it again

11. LiteB

LiteB Member

There is opinion since you would not write this if you did not have your opinion and if you would like me to rephrase it then Darknetic is more active than 90% of the current staff team

zuccccc likes this.
  12. zuccccc

zuccccc Member

Have been seeing you "try harding" on the forums lately and I think you would be a decent addition
    +1

13. Darknetic

Darknetic Member

Much appreciated

14. yoursooonice

yoursooonice Member

I actually think this guy would make quite a good fit to the staff team, seems like an incredible person and easy to talk too another thing would be that he is extremely active I see him on quite a bit. Now about the application is that it could use a bit more detail though and maybe go through the application and fix some of the grammar mistakes (use Grammarly) .

+1 really nice guy!

15. Darknetic

Darknetic Member

Thanks dude, much appreciated

16. Zarinaw

Zarinaw Magical Unicorn <3
    Junior Mod

I would have to agree with these suggestions still, please consider fixing them.

Good Luck!
    ~ Zarinaw

17. Darknetic

Darknetic Member

I already did check it through grammerly and I already corrected it.
    - Thanks for the suggestion

18. Dnoxal

Dnoxal Network Staff

Suggestions
    Fix Grammer Mistakes
    Add more detail
    Be more active

19. Darknetic

Darknetic Member

What do you mean be more active?

I am on universe almost 24/7 everytime I get to get on I'm on, checks uni discord every 30- 1hr
    I get on forums 3 or 4 times a day

20. Dnoxal

Dnoxal Network Staff

Never hurts to be more active. (Even though you are active)