USERS CURRENTLY ONLINE ON DISCORD

Become one of us today, click to join!

COVID-19 Support

Hazb0

Astronaut
Hello all,

As we all know, there is an ongoing, global pandemic which is affecting us all in one way or another. No matter where you are, or where you live, it is vital to follow your government's policies and procedures to ensure your safety and of others.
In this thread, I am going to be highlighting tips and tricks to help you through this tremendous effort against COVID-19, as well as remind you with essential techniques that you should abide to, allowing you and your families to remain safe.

Key Advice:

Stay at home! - No matter how much you enjoy going out and meeting you're friends, it is crucial that you stay home and protect yourself and others from the spread of the virus.

If you are going to be outside at any time, keep a distance of 2 metres between any other individuals who are not living in your residence. You should only be going outside in these times for essential needs e.g. (Shopping for food, medical visits and one exercise a day)

Wash your hands! - You have probably heard this everywhere recently, but it is very important that you thoroughly wash your hands. If you wish to follow the official guidelines for techniques on washing your hands effectively, visit: https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/healthy-body/best-way-to-wash-your-hands/

Stay Fit! - It is important to exercise in our everyday lives to keep our bodies functioning to the best of our ability. Exercise prevents us from gaining weight, and allows our metabolic systems to increase in their efficiency. You should make time each day for at least a singular exercise / workout. Workout plans also help you to categorise your fitness whilst stuck inside. The length and intensity of workout does not matter, as long as you are burning off calories like you would whilst performing your usual day activities, like the gym.
Useful links for exercise workouts follow:
Low Intensity: High Intensity: Further videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiP6wD_tYlYLYh3agzbByWQ

Remain Occupied! - It is always useful for you to keep yourself busy in times where you are unable to get outside much. You can keep occupied by watching videos, playing video games, being helpful to one another, including volunteering, and even taking up a new skill to learn!

Further Tips and Tricks:

Be helpful whenever possible, it is a stressful time for everyone in your family and in your areas currently. This does not have to be in large quantities: An example of this is that I am walking two of my neighbours dogs once a day to help them as they are elderly. This shows that you care and allows communities to come together in times which are deemed uncertain and unknowing.

Watch Netflix - One of the best things to do when you are stranded in your own home, is to watch Netflix, it stops you from being bored if you feel like you have nothing to do, and takes your mind off any ongoing stresses that are happpening.
Some useful recommendations from me:

Series:
- Paradise PD
- Brooklyn Nine Nine
- Titans
- October Faction
- Sex Education
- Rick and Morty
- Money Heist

Films:
- The Platform
- Jumanji
- Kingsmen 1 and 2
- Good ol' Shrek
- Blockers
- Bad Grandpa
- The Package

I hope everyone stays safe and keeps well, if you ever need to talk about anything, feel free to pm me and I will respond when possible.

Keep Smiling,
Hazb0

Angry_Pineapple1

Ghoul
Here's some other things you can do during the self-isolation period:

Annoy Universe staff members.
Find ways to crash the server.
Abuse glitches.
Split people.
Sleep.
Code.
Do drugs.
And so much more!

Zoxide

Astronaut
I have to vouch for Brooklyn Nine-Nine & Jumaji ;)

Hazb0

Astronaut
I have to vouch for Brooklyn Nine-Nine & Jumaji ;)
Brooklyn Nine Nine is amazing haha, would watch all the series again.

_Menace

Astronaut
Don't see the point of this as everyone is already informed of this daily, either in news-emails or any kind of social platform... Also not the correct sub-forum for it. But nice effort regardless.

Jokester

Astronaut

Zoxide

Astronaut

Hazb0

Astronaut
Don't see the point of this as everyone is already informed of this daily, either in news-emails or any kind of social platform... Also not the correct sub-forum for it. But nice effort regardless.
I know of this Menace, it is just a kind gesture for all members. Was not trying to make out we all don't know about it. Just a form of helping people stay occupied inside :) I apologize of your disliking.

Hazb0

Astronaut

AppleiPhone

Astronaut
Thank you for the great thread & Netflix suggestions. :)