Join other players on play.universemc.us

Denied CosmoIssues' reapplication

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by Cosmoissues, Nov 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cosmoissues

Cosmoissues Pro mineman

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Simple Information

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Minecraft Username: My current username is CosmoIssues.

Previous Minecraft Usernames: My previous usernames include SmhCosmo, SadCosmo, uhc_god, and TooLazyToPot.

What's your timezone?: My timezone is EST (GMT-4)

Are you staff on any other servers?: No, I am not I feel it is important to dedicate myself to one server at a time!

Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone? If you have discord, please list your full discord name and tag. My discord username is ! Jacob#0001 (make sure to include the ! as well as the space) and yes, I do have a microphone.

Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?: Yes, I can record videos at a decent quality.

Do you have a donator rank on any of our game modes?: Yes, I have Ghoul on the Jupiter Dimension, Ghoul on the Mars Dimension, Venus on the Venus Dimension, Emperor on the Neptune Dimension, and Pluto rank on Pluto Dimension.

Elaborate

Where are you most active on the Universe Server?: I enjoy factions mostly, so I am the most active on Pluto Realm, though I have been playing Venus realm a lot, I am currently working on my activity on other realms!

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:

Monday - 4:00pm-12am

Tuesday - 4:00pm-12am

Wednesday - 4:00pm-12am

Thursday - 4:00pm-12am

Friday - 4:00pm-12am

Saturday - 12pm-12am

Sunday - 2pm-12am

This is the time I will be available every day of the week these times could change every so often due to events in my life and errands I may have to run or school events.

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details: Yes, I was banned on Jupiter for buying someone a rank, though afterwards I did realize how immature it was. (Last season)

SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?: First off, I would suggest to the player making a mute appeal or buy an unmute. As a helper it is my job to make sure people follow the rules, so I would ensure the player knows they do have to stay muted as they aren't any different from everyone else. Harassment isn't allowed so the player would also be dealt with accordingly if they continued spamming and arguing after I assure them that their mute will not be removed.

Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?: I made a mistake about a month or so ago that was severe. I teleported to an opposing faction member making it look as if I were abusing. I tried to deal with this by pleading my case to tank and anonymous but had too little proof proving my case. I learned from this that when dealing with situations like this if there were a problem I should've asked another staff member that doesn't really play to teleport rather than making myself look abusive.

Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? If not, please explain how you could do as staff even without having any previous experiences.: I do have moderation experience. I have moderated many servers and had been an admin on a few of them.
    DaedricMC

I was one of the head admins on DaedricMC when it was open and my job was to help with config and dealing with ingame problems. As administrator this also gave me the responsibilities every admin has on every other server such as dealing with B claims and ddosing and distributing strikes. I had been admin here for a few months I had helped develop the server and community it was. On Daedric I enjoyed my time helping set up the server and helping the lower staff along with their journey as staff on the server.

ArmonicPvP

This server is pretty old but I was one of the moderators there and I dealt with hackers, spamming, racial/homophobic slurs and basically everything within the chat moderation area. This server was also kind of og factions so there were a decent bit of people so I also helped deal with more difficult stuff such as helping figure out the causes of bugs and lag issues and stuff such as that. On Armonic I honestly didn't really enjoy my time there as staff were toxic between each other and nothing was very organized.

SkiesMC

I was helper here for a while and as a helper I did all the basics that I could such as chat moderation and helping the mods and Jr Mods find hackers and people abusing bugs. Then eventually I was promoted to mod a month or so before the server shut down and as mod I helped screenshare people and catch hackers. On skies I really enjoyed my time there as staff and helping all the new comers and any players at all that needed it.

Exabyte

I am also currently one of the founders of Exabyte which is a faction that is pretty og some may know us as JewCrew we used to play UniverseMC alot.

JROTC

I am currently in JROTC at my high school and I have been for the past 2 years, in JROTC they teach us leadership skills and self discipline, and to overall better ourselves.

UniverseMC

I was Jr. Mod. and Helper on universe, I really enjoyed this even tho I received tons of toxicity and hate. In these positions, my job was mainly to moderate chat, but I did also help find hackers as I came across quite a few as my time being staff. Since I've been demoted I've been toxic and immature I understand that, I've been working on it a lot I can assure you. I believe I've come a long way I've improved my toxicity and immaturity. I realized how bad it was and unnecessary. I was just overall unacceptable afterwards but I've changed.

If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?: I am apart of JROTC at my high school as stated in my experience, I am starting to get into football, I also do help with robotics at my school sometimes.

SCENARIO: You're on a busy game mode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a junior moderator for a hacker, someone then messages you on discord telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?: As a helper I should be able to take on all of the players that are needing support so first I would deal with the players needing Jr. Mods and I would contact a Jr. Mod or two and ask them to support the players with the hackers. Second, I would join the discord voice channel or directly message the person blasting music and ask them kindly to turn it off or I would have to mute them temporarily.

SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?: After making sure that my punishment was actually correct, I'd ensure the player that my punishment was in fact correct and send them proof it is correct. If my punishment was incorrect I'd remove the punishment given to the player and make the mistake aware to the rest of the staff team and hopefully learn to ensure that my punishments are correct before distributing them next time.

Anything else we should know?: I know I have been toxic a bit since I was demoted, as a result of my anger and being upset about the demotion. I would like to apologize to anyone in the staff team and all of the communtiy for the toxicity I expressed as that is innapropriate especially for an ex staff whether I was demoted or resigned. Another thing is I understand my application may not have a abundance of detail in the scenarios, I feel as if I stated what the correct thing to be done would be and I am also not the best with detail so apologies in advance!
    NOTE: I did not copy Cxnser's application originally he copied mine and got denied for

plagiarism, this is my original application that got accepted with a bit more added on to it, I got permission to reuse it.
    ANOTHER NOTE: This was suggested last time I applied for staff. Ever since I've been demoted I've really reflected back on what I did, it was a very immature and selfish action that should've never occurred. I feel as if I've grown in maturity and my responsibility has been bettered since then, I truly regret what happened then, if I could take back my actions I definitely would. I miss being on the team lots <3 (Some staff members think I may not be ready to come back right now, but I'd love to have the chance to prove I am!!)

2. cattyzombie

cattyzombie Member

hi! lovely format, detailed answers. clean colour scheme, so +1 for presentation.

why were you originally demoted?

3. Cosmoissues

Cosmoissues Pro mineman

Thanks for the feedback, I was demoted for abusing tp permissions by teleporting to a player with the intent to get their base coordinates a month or so ago, since then I've changed and matured alot it may not seem like I could've changed much but I have.

4. cattyzombie

cattyzombie Member

i’m sure you’ll do a great job and show your new-found maturity :))

5. 3Cents

3Cents Staff

I hope you do get accepted we’ve been talking and I know you have improved! Can’t wait for the results good luck my man.

-3cents

6. gankfights

gankfights Member

STICKING WITH MY GUT ON THIS ONE #OnceAAbuserAlwaysAAbuser

3Cents likes this.
  7. Cosmoissues

Cosmoissues Pro mineman

I'm sorry you feel this way, I'd have to disagree on this I have changed alot since then, if I could get the chance to prove that statement wrong I would take it. Thanks for the feedback though!

8. Cosmoissues

Cosmoissues Pro mineman

Thanks!!

9. Cosmoissues

Cosmoissues Pro mineman

Thanks!!

10. mr2f0

mr2f0 Junior Mod
    Junior Mod

Hey there, overall your application was great. Normally I would comment on what you could improve, but I don't feel that is necessary. You are extremely active, helpful and nice in chat, and overall a great person to talk to. Although you were demoted in the past for abusing, I do believe people should be given a second chance. I have no doubt you will get accepted once again.

Best of luck!​

11. Floams

Floams Member

Hello! I read through your app, and I really liked it! I would fix a couple of things such as:

- Making the colors easier to see. The application is a little hard on the eyes.

Other than that I really thought your application was great!

Good Luck, Floams.

12. Cosmoissues

Cosmoissues Pro mineman

Thanks man, means alot to me! :)

13. Cosmoissues

Cosmoissues Pro mineman

Thanks for the feedback, will for sure work on the color scheme when I'm home.

14. Zoxide

Zoxide Member

Hey if I was you when responding to responses do it in one message as it may seem you are post farming.

Nevertheless you were an amazing ex staff member and would be amazing again! +1 from me

- Zox

15. Cosmoissues

Cosmoissues Pro mineman

Yeah, sorry about the double reply, was in school and just clicked each through the email I got on my phone and replied, thanks for the feedback though!!!

16. B1ackmailed

B1ackmailed Junior Mod
    Junior Mod

Hello! I have read your application and it could use a little improvement. It has greatly improved since your last time seeing fewer grammatical mistakes overall. I have personally seen you become much less toxic and you have had a change for the better. I hope to see you continue with this new reputation of yours.
    Best of luck
    - B1ackmailed

17. ItsJoes

ItsJoes I just work here
    Management Team Forums Manager Operator

Hello @Cosmoissues

After reading your application, I have come to the decision to move your application to our "Interview Stage" Congratulations! Please contact me on Discord to set up an interview time. Thank you

-Joes

18. PenguinNerd

PenguinNerd Fluffy Penguin <3

GG on interview, good luck!

3Cents likes this.
  19. Acceptation

Why would they demote you because you tpd to someone?

All staff members are allowed to tp regardless of their rank or whatever. If what you're saying about only teleporting to the player then they wouldn't demote you over that, your demotion makes no sense at all and I don't really think that it's the proper reason you where demoted if I'm going to be honest.

20. droppedexe

droppedexe Non-staff Staff Critic

He tped to someones base to get the coords.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.