Join other players on play.universemc.us

Accepted CodeXeno Staff Application

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by CodeXeno, Mar 10, 2019.

?

Is CodeXeno Ready For Staff?

Poll closed Mar 14, 2019.
  1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Maybe

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CodeXeno

CodeXeno Member

Before reading I am kind of new to the server but that should bring down the fact I am a dedicated hardworking young man and would love to be staff on this server. Thanks and enjoy reading!
    1) Simple Information

• Minecraft Username:
    My current username is CodeXeno and I do not plan on changing this in the future.

• Previous Minecraft Usernames (if applicable): https://www.namemc.com/codexeno

• What's your timezone?: I am in the EST (Eastern Standard Time)

• Age: I am currently 13 years old and I do believe I am mature enough for my age for this position.

• Are you staff on any other servers?: No, I am not staff on any other servers since I only dedicate my time on one server.

• Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone? If you have discord, please list your full discord name and tag. Example; Example#1234: Yes, I have access to discord and I am in UniverseMc discord. I also have a fully working microphone and can use anytime in voice channel or if needed to assist other players and fulfill there needs. Discord: CodeXeno#4754

• Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?: Yes, I have a youtube channel that I posted once or twice on but I still know the login and one of my videos was recording hackers and I have to admit I am decently good at this type of things. I used Windows Recording software for that but now I have switched to OBS since it is more efficient.

• Do you have a donator rank on any of our game modes?: Currently I do not have donator rank as I am only 13 years old, I have no source of income or any type of money. I try to ask my parents but they do not allow me to spend money on games since it is not useful at all. At the moment I am trying to persuade them in a nice way to float me over a few bucks and hopefully I would be able to donate to this server in the future.

2) Elaborate

2) Where are you most active on the Universe Server?: Jupiter is the server I am most active on and I love playing it with friends and my faction members. I also go on skyblock and currently have a island on there aswell and love working on it whenever I am bored with Jupiter.

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: Here is my week frame.
    Monday - Thursday 3:30-6:00pm, 7:00-8:00pm (roughly 3 hours I will contribute)

Friday, Saturday Sunday: All day

4) Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details (if applicable): Of course I have been banned on a server before as I would infer most people have. I was banned on this kitpvp server a while ago maybe around 2016-2017 and I was banned for hacking on the server and after I have got banned I learned that I had made a huge mistake and that this was cheating and unfair to other players and the other players won't have any fun with a hacker on there server. After this I uninstalled the hacked clients and to this day I have never touched or downloaded one. I have been muted a few time on different servers and that was due to my immaturity back then. I learned all my lessons from these events.

5) SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?: I have been helper on different servers in the past and know the commands well. In this type of situation I would first reply to them and warn them not to spam or ask for a unmute again or they would get more punishment. If they have not stopped and I don't know about this server or so but if helper has /kick I would do that first and if they come back and continue I would contact a higher up on the server and let them know about the situation, but the first thing I would do is give them proof. Without proof in your life there is nothing you can do about things. Think about when your in court and the other people don't have proof that you committed a crime, they can not go on to sentences and other things, same goes for here if I don't provide proof of the player spamming/harassing me the staff won't be able to do anything about it. So I would first screenshot the proof and dm any higher up on the server or on discord and let them know about the situation.

6) Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?: I did make a huge mistake and it was lying to my parents. I lied to my parents about my grades and if I turned my homework and classwork. I always lied about this everyday after school and my parents would always figure out. This was a huge mistake. I learned my lesson and now I continue to do my work and turn in everything and never ever will I make this mistake again. I am now a Straight A student after learning this huge mistake.

7) Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? If not, please explain how you could do as staff even without having any previous experiences. (Minimum 200+ words):
    RetroPvP: This was the first server I was staff on and I loved playing on it! It was a kitpvp server and I was helper on this server then gradually went up to higher ranks and eventually admin. I enjoyed my time here and resigned after a while since server was dying and owner had lack of funds to support the server.

FruityMc:
    I was JMOD on this server a while ago and it was a op prison server and was fairly populated around 10-25 players a day which is not bad since it had first started. I was referred by a friend and loved playing on it and after the first month of playing it I applied for staff and got accepted. I am pretty sure the server is still up but I have resigned since I needed to focus on other things at that time (ex grades)

LegacyPvP:
    This was my first server I had ever made and it was a fairly decent server. I was proud of myself for working with all plugins and I didn't have any dev, I was the dev. Once the server started dying since the first few months I had a relatively good playerbase (5-30 players ranging from). After a while I decided to shut it down since I was bored and players didn't rly join anymore. But I have experience as a Dev, Owner, Admin, Mod, Jmod, Helper.

SilentPvP:

This was my favorite server I played on. It was a EU practice server and US also. You can still search up "silentpvp" on google and find it. This had a massive playerbase 100-250 players on daily. I was first Trial-Mod on this server and after a while with screenshare test I finally was promoted to mod. This is where I caught a lot of hackers and recorded thoroughly. After a while the host costed 40$ so the owner couldn't afford it since we didn't get too much donations. That was the end of this server dm for proof. I still have the owners discord if you ever need.

PROOF FOR STAFF: https://imgur.com/a/SP4n8ie
    PROOF FOR STAFF: https://imgur.com/a/5yOO

Outside of my Minecraft career:

Key Club: I am in a club at school that focuses on helping and volunteering at other places ex like a food kitchen or a soup kitchen. We help out others that are in need. I have learned a lot and still learning a lot of this experience.

Basketball Team: I was chosen to become a captain of our school basketball team since I was one of the better players on the team and also my grades were the highest and dedication and effort I place into this sport. I help the team with whatever they need and what skills they should practice on. At the end the coaches makes everyone 1v1 each other with new skills that I have taught them and we see who improved.

Home: At the moment my mom is pregnant and she always need someone to help her. Whether it is with laundry or dishes and I always try to help out whenever I can. I never fuss about any of the work I am doing since I know it is hard for her to handle with a baby inside of her. She is always thankful to have me here to help her.

8) If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?: I love playing basketball in my free time and I am quite good at it. I love helping out other player wherever, at the supermarket, school, home, with my family wherever. I also love doing math and I am 2 years ahead for my age which is really good. I love doing real-estate related work and love finance and am opening a broker account when I am going to be of age. In school we have a club, called key club. Key club is a club where you volunteer for like soup kitchen and anything else that is in need. I have joined that club and every Monday after school I go and help out people in need. Like, I stated above I help out anyone wherever and this is one place.

9) SCENARIO: You're on a busy game mode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a junior moderator for a hacker, someone then messages you on discord telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?: I would start off helping out the most serious problems first, which in my understanding would be the blasting music in the channel since that could very much cause real life problem and as the other ones won't. I would go to the channel and find out which player is doing this and kick him out of the server if I have perms(not sure), if not then I would record what's happening, as I always try to get proof to show and send the proof the a higher up with this capability to kick/ban the player out of the channel. After this has happened I would go tell a higher up we got multiple hacker report but I would ask the players to record or screenshot any blatant proof that they could give me. As of that if another junior moderator is on I would contact him to go access the situation and let him handle it. As for the question, I would answer them to the best of my capability.
    10) SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?:
    I always try not to make a incorrect punishment and I would believe so I have not. I would always have proof of the incident and I would send them the proof via discord and show them where the other player has made a mistake. Of course I would not argue with the other player since that is total unprofessionalism and would be wrong to do as a staff member. If they understand the reason of the mute it would be good.

11) Anything else we should know?: Thanks for reading my application and hopefully I could be apart of your staff team.

#1 CodeXeno, Mar 10, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
  2. PenguinNerd

PenguinNerd Fluffy Penguin <3

Hello, @CodeXeno Here are some Suggestions.

Suggestions:
    - Become more Globally Active and more well-known in the community (Forums, Discord, All Server Platforms, and Twitter if applicable)
    - Add more slight detail to the scenario questions
    - Change the Color Sceheme, as it's slightly hard to read

Best of Luck.
    -Penguin

Waffelwolf101 likes this.
  3. CodeXeno

CodeXeno Member

Sure will edit out now :), I am trying to become more known in the community.

4. CodeXeno

CodeXeno Member

Edited and added more detail, thanks for the feedback.

5. Dnoxal

Dnoxal Network Staff
    Helper

Suggestions
    Get to know the community more
    Be more globally active
    Bold the Questions

6. CodeXeno

CodeXeno Member

Fixed what you have listed, and I am trying to become more active and learning the community well. Thanks for the feedback.

7. CodeXeno

CodeXeno Member

Update- Added more detail into some questions.

8. RoboticSavage

RoboticSavage Restricted
    Muted

Pending - Congratulations, you have made it through to the next stage. In this stage we will be reviewing you on your activity in-game and on our social media sites.
    Be sure to stay as active as possible and we will review your app again within the next 3-5 days.

Work on your global activity - I have noticed on discord and forums you are not as active as I would like. In this period prove to me you are active enough.

Thanks.

9. CodeXeno

CodeXeno Member

Thank you so much! I will become super active and would love working for this staff team. I will be on in a few mins (eating)

10. yoursooonice

yoursooonice Network Helper
    Helper

11. Darknetic

Darknetic Member

12. CodeXeno

CodeXeno Member

13. FluffyPaper

FluffyPaper Member

Good luck man. Hope you'll get the role!

14. CodeXeno

CodeXeno Member

Thanks, hopefully I will :)

15. CodeXeno

CodeXeno Member

16. SourPatchSkidz

Congrats on pending!

17. CodeXeno

CodeXeno Member

Thank you!

18. AnonymousOG

AnonymousOG Network Owner
    Management Team Administrator Owner

Interview stage - Congratulations, you have made it through to the next stage. In this stage we will be bringing you into a call and interviewing you.
    Be sure to stay as active as possible and we will contact you within 3-5 days to schedule a time.
    Thanks,

19. CodeXeno

CodeXeno Member

Thank you so much for this opportunity!

20. mebigjamie

mebigjamie Pending

Congrats on pending!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.