Join other players on play.universemc.us

Factions Chat Issues

Discussion in 'Jupiter Discussion' started by Tank, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Tank

Tank Resigned Admin, Staff Application Critic
    Resigned

Hello, first post here. I was just bringing some attention to how I personally feel about the chat in factions, most notability being in context of the new Jupiter realm.

For simplicity sake I'll make a little pros & cons list here:

Pros -
    • Advertises the server, direct to store, congratulates donors, etc.
    • Gives information on Bosses' spawn, care package, etc.
    • Players with donor ranks can be seen easily
    Cons-
    • Chat is very fast and I can barely keep up with it
    • I, an unfortunate non-donor basically is irrelevant in the chat (no standing colors etc.)
    • Boss spawns happen all the time and flood the chat
    • Boss spawn updates also flood the chat
    What's the point?

Well I find it really hard to keep up with the chat, read the chat, use the chat, and be noticed in the chat.
    I want to be globally active with the rest of the server, but it's really hard to do this with the current system and filters.

I understand this is a vague complaint but I want to make it really clear that I want to hear others opinion on this, and what could possibly be done. Here are some of my ideas:

(TAKE THIS WITH A GRAIN OF SALT)

1. Don't display voting stuff.
      • Now I understand more votes the better but like when I vote I don't even see the prompt saying, "thanks for voting you sexy beast" (or whatever). So when everyone is voting it just adds to the spam.
    2. Cut back on boss spawning.
      • Again I understand that this is to show other players so that they can intervein, but gosh it happens so much.
    3. Vote Party info is displayed too often. (Connects with no.1)
      • I don't actually know for sure but I believe that after every time someone votes the plugin makes a global announcement saying how many votes are left for a vote party (If not then it sure seems like it).
    Thanks for reading!
    I realize now that I didn't list much compromise in my ideas, nor did I give good ideas but please share how you feel about the chat in factions. Do you like it? Are you on the fence? Am I preaching to the choir?

(before anyone says anything I realize it isn't this easy, probably).

#1 Tank, Dec 30, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
    samisabritas and RageMonkey like this.
  2. RageMonkey

RageMonkey Member

I have to agree with you on the chat spam, it is very hard to keep up with what players are saying and like you said, it's difficult to engage in conversations with others on the server.

Hopefully something will be done to fix this.

Tank likes this.
  3. samisabritas

samisabritas Member

I appreciate the opionion you got but notice most of the spam is made by players. This is factions Toxicity and chat spam is normal overall, this is the reason staff should be always be paying attention to it. I understand you by saying sometimes I can keep up but even though your not a high rank there's not much you need to worry about chat rather than friends msg's selling offers, the rest is just discussion and players conversations.

giannaaa likes this.
  4. giannaaa

giannaaa Member

I agree. As a helper, I have to constantly scroll up in chat and what I say is almost always gone in the next millisecond. Bosses spawning should not be in the chat. +1 from me.

samisabritas likes this.
  5. samisabritas

samisabritas Member

Well, yeah I guess I am use to it. From season 2 of UniverseMC LOL

6. Acceptation

Senior Mod