Join other players on play.universemc.us

Denied Cathedrel HELPER APP

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by Catherel, May 14, 2019.

1. Catherel

Catherel Member

1) Simple Information

Minecraft Username:Shailaha3

Previous Minecraft Usernames (if applicable):ZakaGaming

What's your timezone?:GMT

Are you staff on any other servers?:
    Yes sure , Im once moderator and once helper in some little server but i was doing my jobe nice and working nicely , and allways active on formums,discord,minecraft) But unfortunatly the server was closed for some reasons

Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone? If you have discord, please list your full discord name and tag : Youlo#7051

Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?: No

Do you have a donator rank on any of our game modes?:No

2) Elaborate

2) Where are you most active on the Universe Server?:In Jupiter

3) How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:With school coming up, I won't be able to be as active as I can be in the summer. But I can definitely fit in at least three hours daily. I have a schedule of times that I will be able to play below. Note that these are only estimates, and my playing times are subject to change.

Sunday: Anywhere between 12:00 PM-5:30 PM and 6:15 PM-10:00 PM.

Monday through Friday: 6:15-7:00 AM and 2:30 PM-10:00 PM

Saturday: Any time during the day (9:00 AM-11:00 PM)

4) Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? I have never been banned on the server or the forums. In fact, I've never been muted other than by console, and I've never been warned. I try my best to follow the rules all the time, no matter what the circumstances are.

5) SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?: first of all i will not mute a person whoever it was known or not for no reason, and if there is a problem and people start whinnig and asking to unmute this person i will ask gently to report in the forum about the incident if they realy feel i'm abusing my admin power (it will be good for me to correct myself and good for the community and for the game atmospher)

6) Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?:At the last year i have a probleme with a moderator,i was in pvp and my ping is going wrong i reached the player who was doing pvp with me,the moderator was thinking im hacking he was SS me but i told him the story and he SS me,finaly he doesn't found anything suspicious.

7) Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? If not, please explain how you could do as staff even without having any previous experiences. (Minimum 200+ words):

My first vanilla Minecraft server was known as Alliance-Craft. The server was a Free-Build Vanilla Minecraft server with a consistent player base. At the time it was recognized as one of the most popular Minecraft Free-Build servers in Australia. The owner at the time took over the server after the founder had decided to resign from his position as owner. On this vanilla Minecraft server, I acquired the rank of helper through being proactive and helping other players within the server. I maintained my position for several months until the new owner decided that he had no use for helpers as he claimed that administrators were giving this rank out as a reward for players ‘actively helping the community’. Several days later after my demotion, I was then offered the position of Moderator after a process of applications and interviews. As a moderator, I kept the community a fun and safe environment as I enforced rules, executed punishments upon players who went against the rules and engaged with the community. I was yet again offered a promotion to an administrator. However, I declined as I felt that the extra responsibility was unnecessary as I enjoyed my work as a moderator.

On may, 2015 I applied for a guild known as LycanFang - A social community guild founded in 2009 consisting of a few hundred members. After several months of being active on the forums, I was promoted to section moderator on the guild's forum through an application process. I spent another nine months in the guild being proactive and moderating the sites and taking care of the recruitment as an officer. As time progressed, I joined the guild council and remain a member of the guild council. My position in the guild requires me to conduct critical decisions as to guild alliances, expansion into other games, recruitment and site administration along with other responsibilities

8) If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?:Not Really. I Go around cut peoples lawns but that's basically it. I don't do much but as I grow up I will do some things like sports and have a job

9) SCENARIO: You're on a busy game mode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a junior moderator for a hacker, someone then messages you on discord telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?: there is something called priorities in my point of view there is 3 tasks to do here :
    1- Resolve the hacker problem
    2- Take care of the music issue on discord
    3- Get back to answer the left questions on minecraft

10) SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?: if it was an incorrect punishement if i hade the courage to punish i should have the same one to undo the damage i have done not because of pressure made by the players but because it was a mistake and i should swallow my pride and apologize.

11) Anything else we should know? I would like to take the time to thank anyone who has gone through this application and has read every word. I have spent several hours on this drafting, editing and repeating the process to refine my application to ensure it has met the requirements and that it was at standard. I haven’t had the opportunity to type up an application for a staff position quite like this in a very long time and enjoyed every minute typing this one up! If you have any questions or concerns, feel more than welcome to comment below or message me here on the forums or through Discord.Im with a really known faction in jupiter :D

#1 Catherel, May 14, 2019
    Last edited: May 16, 2019
  2. Jazzy

Jazzy Member

Hey after looking over your application

I have a few suggestions

1. Add more detail overall

2. Maybe space your questions and answers a little (makes it look set out nicer)

3. Bold your questions (so it’s easy to see what are the questions and what are the answers)

4. Use a colour scheme (again helps differ question to answer as well as making it look nice)

5. Fix any grammar mistakes

Goodluck :)

3. Catherel

Catherel Member

Thanks for giving me advice and i will fix it soon :D

4. Strixii

Strixii Member

Hey! @Catherel, after an evaluation of your application, here are my suggestions:

Add more detail to your answers

Add a color scheme

Fix up grammatical errors

Provide a clear and full schedule

Be more active network-wide (Discord, Minecraft, Twitter etc)

Use a clear layout

Use the correct format, which you can find here at https://universemc.us/threads/staff-application-format.1395/

For more tips you can check out this really helpful guide ↡
    https://universemc.us/threads/guide-to-having-a-decent-application.5826/

Alternatively you can also utilize the official writing guide
    https://universemc.us/threads/staff-application-writing-guide.864/

Additional comments:

You could really make major improvements to your application with the suggestions I have stated above, be sure to be more active network-wide so we get to know you a little better.

Best of luck!
    - Strixii

5. Catherel

Catherel Member

I worked with all advice and im trying to add much detail

6. Jazzy

Jazzy Member

Hey,

I suggest bolding the entirety of the questions so we can see it easier and maybe change the dark purple to a more brighter colour.

The dark grey background with the purple makes it hard to read.

Try to keep it to 2 colours, a colour for your questions and a colour for your answers. So it looks more professional

7. Catherel

Catherel Member

I changed my minecraft user name :D

8. Catherel

Catherel Member

I changed it

Any thing elese?

9. Jazzy

Jazzy Member

You still have 7 colours in total counting the plain text colour

This as well

10. UserNumberJuan

UserNumberJuan Network Manager
    Manager

DENIED - Hello, Cathedrel
    Your application has been intensely reviewed and the management team and has decided to deny your app you may reapply in 2 weeks.

More overall activity.

-UserNumberJuan