Join other players on play.universemc.us

Pending Cannon Rules

Discussion in 'Pending Suggestions' started by Skybird77, Nov 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skybird77

Skybird77 Member

Thread Title:
    Cannon Rules
    IGN: (In-game name):
    Skybird77
    Date:
    Nov 12, 2018
    Suggestion:
    First of all the /rules ingame needs to be fixed it gives a old link with a lot of the rules not there. You can see the rules here (https://universemc.us/threads/rules-factions-rules.4604/)

So my first problem is with the rules on defending your base. You can't defend your base with slabs. Slabs unlike other things on the list can be slab busted.

Rule #9 No form of clocks can be used for any cannons.

I think that you can use clocks but only if it still fires above a amount of time.

Rule #10 You cannot prestack more then 7 shots at a time, this rule applies per cannon and cannot be evaded through the use of multiple sand comps.

I think that there is no point for this rule, you can just use sand gen buckets and stack sand.

Rule #11 No multiple wall one shots. Maximum of 1 wall break per shot, and can only shoot every 4 seconds.

I think that the rule should be extended to 2 wall one shots and nothing more than that.

Rule #12 No left/right shooting

I think that regular left/right shooting shouldn't be allowed. But reverse lefty/righty shooting should. Reverse lefty/righties can be prevented with extended reverse layers.

Rule #14 Roof cannoning is NOT allowed - NO EXCEPTIONS

I think that you shouldn't be able to roof cannon people at 255, but if people make the flaw of making their base at anything less it should be allowed.

Rule #24 Any form of fully automatic cannons including auto sand comps are not allowed in any way.

My understanding of this rule was sand comps like this:
    https://gyazo.com/e924f94784fdb24a20f9d8906dce1ad1
    sorry didn't have one built had to use schematica

I think that sand comps like that should be allowed but have to follow the rules of the other sand comps
    Server:
    Jupiter Planet
    Reason for this Suggestion:
    In my opinion the cannoning rules that you are using now make cannoning bases boring. You need to have more ways of raiding people so that you don't just shoot through there walls every time. Thanks for reading please give feedback! :D

#1 Skybird77, Nov 12, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  2. Destoyable

Destoyable Member

I agree with you 100% besides on the roof cannoning rule.

3. Skybird77

Skybird77 Member

Thanks for the feedback :D

4. GetTheShotgun

GetTheShotgun Best Staff Member!

So my first problem is with the rules on defending your base. You can't defend your base with slabs. Slabs unlike other things on the list can be slab busted.
    +1

Rule #9 No form of clocks can be used for any cannons.
    I think that you can use clocks but only if it still fires above a amount of time.
    -1 you can easily make it fire faster when staff is online, keep an eye out to see if staff comes online and quickly change it.

Rule #10 You cannot prestack more then 7 shots at a time, this rule applies per cannon and cannot be evaded through the use of multiple sand comps.
    I think that there is no point for this rule, you can just use sand gen buckets and stack sand.
    -1 Thats why they made the rule, you can only shoot 7times before you need to use sandgenbuckets again. it takes up time in the raid and gives the opponent a chance to either counter cannon or patch more walls. remember, this isn't a competetive faction server with crazy big factions.

Rule #11 No multiple wall one shots. Maximum of 1 wall break per shot, and can only shoot every 4 seconds.
    I think that the rule should be extended to 2 wall one shots and nothing more than that.
    -1 Its fine how it is, like I said before, this isnt a competetive server with crazy big factions.

Rule #12 No left/right shooting
    I think that regular left/right shooting shouldn't be allowed. But reverse lefty/righty shooting should. Reverse lefty/righties can be prevented with extended reverse layers.
    +1 I like the idea of this being allowed, however i think regular left/right shooting should be allowed aswel, you can prevent them by making more wraps.

Rule #14 Roof cannoning is NOT allowed - NO EXCEPTIONS
    I think that you shouldn't be able to roof cannon people at 255, but if people make the flaw of making their base at anything less it should be allowed.
    +1 totally agree with you on this one, raiding a base is trying to look for exploits (not server exploits but flaws in their base that they made)

Rule #24 Any form of fully automatic cannons including auto sand comps are not allowed in any way.
    My understanding of this rule was sand comps like this:
    https://gyazo.com/e924f94784fdb24a20f9d8906dce1ad1
    sorry didn't have one built had to use schematica
    I think that sand comps like that should be allowed but have to follow the rules of the other sand comps
    -1 same reason as the prestacking rule, Its to easy to make an auto cannon thats against the rules if you allow this and its easily changed back to a cannon that would be allowed.

5. IzaFour

IzaFour Restricted
    Muted

Thank you for your suggestion, I may do some changes to the rules but I cannot promise anything as we have a reason for the rules but a few of your suggestions may happen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.