Join other players on play.universemc.us

Denied CallumTheUnicorn Application

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by CallumTheUnicorn, Oct 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CallumTheUnicorn

Minecraft Username:
    My ign is CallumTheUnicorn
    • Previous Minecraft Usernames (if applicable):
    BeauIsMyDad
    xXx_CallumOG_xXx
    GangLyfeCallumOG
    CallumOG
    CallumOg
    GodlyDisaster123
    CrazyBoy94
    CrazyMinerCallum

• What's your timezone?:
    EU
    • Are you staff on any other servers?:
    No, I want this to be a learning curve for me
    • Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone? If you have discord, please list your full discord name and tag. Example; Example#1234:
    Yes I have discord and a working mic Username: CallumTheUnicorn#9367
    • Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?:
    I have the software but it lags on my computer.
    • Do you have a donator rank on any of our game modes?:
    I have galactic on Jupiter
    Mystic on mars
    sky on sky block
    2) Elaborate

2) Where are you most active on the Universe Server?:
    Jupiter because I like the people and the atmosphere on the server but I also play the other servers mostly skyblock and prisons.
    3) How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:
    between 1 to 5 hours maybe more on weekends because of school and my GCSEs
    4) Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details (if applicable):
    I got banned on a server because they thought I was hacking but because of my old wifi I used to lag so badly they thought I was bhopping and also theirs was only like 3 people on
    5) SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?:
    well, I would ask them to stop politely. Then tell them to appeal it. Then if they continued I would tell them if they don't leave me alone I would mute them for longer
    6) Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?: Well, a couple of months ago I made a friend he stole bikes and things so because of my ADHD and because I'm 3 years socially immature I joined him. Then the police got involved and said if I didn't leave him alone or continue to rob things I would be fined or imprisoned then how I learned from this is that if someone is robbing things leave them to get in trouble and don't make yourself become the criminal

7) Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? If not, please explain how you could do as staff even without having any previous experiences. (Minimum 200+ words):
    I have experience of leading skyblock and faction teams we all grinded and one of the seasons on another server we became faction top 1 and is top 1 in the same seasons of each server so that was great for my leadership because it made my team want to do better and better but then half of them went off to college or uni so we disbanded and went other ways. But also then I joined a different server and joined at the start of the season then worked my up and got co-owner and help build bases and helped raid the season after then we got raided when it was meant to be unraidable period and we lost most of are ball so we all decided to leave and split up so I've had a difficult time but got through the bad times and have enjoyed every step I've taken since I've joined Minecraft back in 2011. If this didn't count then I would get to know the other members and then see how they do and then take what I've learned and hopefully make a good helper or mod. And maybe even become admin that would be my leading goal if I got to be a staff member.
    8) If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?:
    I'm involved with a cricket team which I train once a week and play games on Saturdays I'm also into BMX dirt track racing
    9) SCENARIO: You're on a busy game mode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a junior moderator for a hacker, someone then messages you on discord telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?: I would first focus on the hackers because we don't want any scum hackers on the server then I would go to the server and ask politely to stop spamming me and go into the discord support area for help. Then I would tell the guy just to mute the guy on discord blasting music

10) SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and 4 players are arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?: I would rego over the footage to see if it was a false punishment then I would go to the 4 guys arguing and ask them to be quiet because it ain't going to help their friend become unbanned/unmuted then if I did incorrect punishment the guy I would say sorry and say I thought I saw something in the footage.

11) Anything else we should know?: I have ADHD which makes me quite hyper so if I hype the server up I'm sorry I've also played this server since season 1 of whats now Jupiter realm and Iv'ed loved it and hope one day it will become #1 of the servers

Yours sincerely,
    CallumTheUnicorn

2. ItsJoes

ItsJoes E-GIRL
    Administrator

Known Callum for a long time. Very active and knows the server well. The application needs some work but overall think he's a good applicant. Best of luck :D

3. CallumTheUnicorn

4. droppedexe

droppedexe Non-staff Staff Critic

Seems like you recently just got back to playing on this server, I would try being more active in-game, as I rarely see you on. I also suggest adding ALOT more detail in ALL areas, for now its a -1.

5. DenzoEXC

DenzoEXC Network Helper
    Helper

Hey CallumTheUnicorn

I have read your application and it looks good, there are things that could be improved.

Pros:
    Active player on the server.
    I liked the design of the application really easy to read.
    I like it that you want to learn how to be a staff member.

Cons:
    Not bad but I would like to see a bit more detail especially on question 7 you barely got 200 words.
    No staff experience but everyone needs to learn it.

Ps:
    Take this as positive feedback. :D

Good luck on your Application - DenzosMind

#5 DenzoEXC, Oct 10, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
  6. gankfights

gankfights Member

Super active in discord, but I don't really see you on much. It may be time zones, but if playtime is improved you seem like a good fit!

7. Tank

Tank Staff Application Critic
    Management Team Operator Administrator

Denied - Hello!

After long consideration, your application has been denied for the following reasons:

Denied due to:
    -Poor formatting (center your application, past usernames look out of place.)
    -Inactivity (the last login was over 200 hours ago!)
    -Little immaturity with some responses

Note: Make sure to act like staff when replying to comments (etc.) and to stay active during the application process!

(You may reapply in one week)

-Tank

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.