Join other players on play.universemc.us

Denied BigBlakk's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by BigBlakk, Apr 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigBlakk

BigBlakk Member

1) Simple Information

• Minecraft Username:
    BigBlakk

• Previous Minecraft Usernames (if applicable):

Fallows
    Kluge
    SirBrandt
    blakkkk
    PvPzScripts
    loukaslea

• What's your timezone?:
    AU

• Are you staff on any other servers?:
    No.

• Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone? If you have discord, please list your full discord name and tag. Example; Example#1234:
    BigBlakkᶜᵃʳᵗᵉˡ#2993 and yes, I have a working microphone.

• Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?:
    Yes, I use OBS Studio and if for some unknown reason I'll be experiencing some issues with it, I have a backup recorder which is the NVIDIA Shadowplay.

• Do you have a donator rank on any of our game modes?:
    Yes, I have Legend rank in Neptune.

2) Elaborate

1) Where are you most active on the Universe Server?:
    Mars Dimension, I am a faction player for a long time now so I am present here in UniverseMC for the faction server.

2) How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:
    It's summer for me for 3 months so daily, I can cantribute upto 9+ hours and weekly, I can contribute to approximately 45+ hours

Monday - Sunday: 2:00 pm - 3:00 am

This schedule will vary depending on my body clock. I could either wake up at 10 am and still end up playing until 3 am or even longer which most likely i'll be waking up the next day at around 2 pm. Schedule may also change If ever we have family activities or any random activity that will just take place. But overall I am really active and I will be on almost all day If I am able to log on.

3) Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details (if applicable):
    I have been banned once in my first ever faction server 6 years ago. I got banned in Cosmic Craft for GMC abuse and when I appealed, I was given a second chance and ever since that day I never got banned in any other server. But aside from the ban, I have been punished. I play factions alot and we all know that factions is a toxic community and that's just what it is. I myself am toxic, I trashtalk alot. But there are always time for everything aswell as there is time for trashtalking. When I was given the opportunity to be part of the staff team in DecimatePvP, I played my role and tried to be the best example one could portray.

4) SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?:
    First of all if I become a helper, and this goes to all staff positions, I do not give a single crap if you are a well-known player who have played the server since the beginning of it, a new person in the server, a member of a rich faction, the best pvper, the best cannoner, i do not care. All of them are treated the same and the rules don't bend for anyone. So back to the situation, I punish someone when I have complete proof of the wrong that was commited. If the mute is temporary, then he/she can wait for it, and if otherwise it is permanent, then he/she must make an appeal for it. Players should never hesitate to appeal a punishment that they are not guilty of. If they have sufficient evidence/proof to counter my stand then I am an easy guy to talk to.

5) Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?:
    2018 was a pretty tuff year for me. I'll be completely honest with you and this isn't a made up story, this really happened to me. First time I had a sexual intercourse with my girl, no protection or any of that stuff, few weeks later her menstruation was late so I kinda was scared but I was really hopeful that everything was fine, and then came her menstruation. She and I were relieved. Next intercourse we had I finally brought condoms. But we all know world is not always a happy place and life is cruel. My condom broke. Same event happened, her menstruation was late, I kinda paniced then it came and we were relieved. Next intercourse the same thing really happened it broke and so on. That was when I decided to make a move. Tada! I used 2 condoms. And everything went well. What lesson did I learn? A very valuable one. And whoever is reading this, should take my word for it. Problems happen, that's life. <Swear Word> happens. But that doesn't mean you gotta stop. Every problem has a solution. So when life hits you hard, get up and find that solution.

6) Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? If not, please explain how you could do as staff even without having any previous experiences. (Minimum 200+ words):
    I have been only a helper in DecimatePvP and that is all the experience I have with staffing, I am completely honest about that. But this wasn't ended due to some bad reputation. I decided to resign because during that time it was my Finals. It was only 2 weeks off minecraft and when I came back, I just decided to play the game and not go back to staffing. You may say that a helper is just the lowest rank in the staff team which means that there isn't really much to be done but that is completely wrong. Based on my experience, it's the helpers who are really hands-on on what's happening ingame. Just monitoring the chat itself in a faction server is already a heavy task. Sometimes I get really flooded with all the rules broken that I have so much to do (ban, mute, send ban record, send proofs) but at the end of doing everything, you get the best feeling. The feeling of accomplishment. You may be reading this and say that "sht that's some easy job" but I tell you it really isn't an easy task. You need to be responsible, determined, and most of all you really need to learn to control your temper and not burst out to the staff team or especially to the community. You have to keep yourself together and always keep in mind that a lot of players are watching you. One mistake you do could reflect to the reputation of the server. That's just how people are. One person in the group commits something wrong, and the whole group gets the bad rep. What really helped me during the first time of being a staff member was my experience in factions. Factions is a diverse community and is played by all kinds of players. Toxic, kind, kids, adults and many more and because of my 6 years of playing factions I got to encounter all these types of players and so during my first time as a helper in DecimatePvP, interacting with all sorts of players wasn't much of a problem because of the great background I already have have of it.

Aside from the experience in server moderation, I have great leadership skills and experiences. I've led (owner/co-owner) a lot of power factions and won several faction maps with these and up until now I still have a great faction that I lead. I believe that leadership skills can be a very great asset to being a staff member because there will be times wherein decisions are to be made and with my leadership skills, I am positive that I can make the correct decisions.

Aside from minecraft, I have been staff in another game called Habbo (online virtual reality game) for a year. I started as an event staff and got promoted to moderator then administrator. As an online virtual reality game, communications are done in the chat and the game revolves around the chat, due to this, I was trained to react quickly because the chat box floods down rapidly so if the staff team and I cannot "catch" rule breakers in the chat straight away, then that's a big NO NO because it can affect the server. Keep in mind there is just not only one rule breaker out there, but many.

7) If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?:
    I do a lot of activities around Minecraft. I play some sports. Im a varsity in Taekwondo, and I also love playing basketball. I won 2nd place in the recently condluded National Meet in Taekwondo aswell as 1st place in a 3v3 basketball competition in my school. My friends, family, and I do hangouts from time to time but it doesn't really much affect my activeness. But most of the time, especially now that It's a long break of school, I just sit in my chair and infront of me is my pc.

8) SCENARIO: You're on a busy game mode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a junior moderator for a hacker, someone then messages you on discord telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?:
    Questions flying rapidly at me isn't really much of a problem. I will answer them one by one up until the last question or help being asked. I'll them in a mannerly way how I cannot consult them all at once. The technique there is to not panic. And regarding the 2 different players both asking me to get them a junior moderator for a hacker, I tag a junior moderator or higher in the staff chat and wait for them to come. While waiting, incase none of the higher staffs can come on, I will let them record the hacker for evidence to be shown to the higher ups once they are available. If none of them are able to record, I myself can ask for a tp wherever they are, if they would allow, and see the hacker myself and at the same time recording for proof. If the hacks are blatant (e.g. bhopping all over the place, flying,etc.) I can ban the hacker myself and if it is not blatant but I feel that the player is suspicious/hacking, and if I am Screenshare Verified, I will freeze him/her then do the screenshare. Personally, when I punish someone, I make sure to put a -s at the end of the command, meaning that the punishment will be silent and won't be seen by the whole server, si as to not cause chat flooding and chaos. And with the blasting of music in their channel, that definitely is against the rules in discord so If I have the perms to mute the said person then I will do such but if not, I will call on a higher up who has the perms to do so. While waiting for these higher ups to respond, I will teach them how to mute that person blasting the music off for them to have a peaceful conversation in their channel.

9) SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?:
    I am not sure if the 'incorrect punishment' you are trying to say is that I really made an incorrect punishment or you're being sarcastic and that I made a correct punishment but the players think it is false, so I will answer both scenarios. So first scenario, If i really made an incorrect punishment and I absolutely know it was incorrect, I will lift the punishment and talk to the victim properly and explain myself. Second scenario, If i made a correct punishment and these 4 players say it is false then there's really nothing to do about that because I am correct and I have the evidence to back it up therefore I will hold my stand and the player who was punished could just make an appeal if he wishes to.

10) Anything else we should know?:
    Regarding my microphone, Yes I have a clear microphone and I can speak English fluently but the problem is I cannot join calls in some times and this is due to the fact that English isn't our main language here in the Philippines and it is kind of awkward to speak English especially that my family is not used to me speaking the language. I can use my mic when my brother isn't in the room but that is really nothing to worry because that happens often, that my brother isn't in the room but this is just a heads-up incase I am not able to use my mic. You may say that this would be a problem since I'm going to need a mic when I screenshare someone. This is only some times wherein I cannot use my mic during screenshares but when it happens wherein I am not able to use my mic, I've got that handled since I am fast in typing and I have tried screensharing a couple of players without my mic. I am good in conveying clear instructions so it won't be a problem.

You might ask " WHY THIS SERVER? " . Well, the first thing I'd always think of when joining a certain group would be my companions. Would they be cool with me, won't I be annoyed with them and vice-versa. Well that's what I had in mind before applying for helper and I got it all answered. When I was new to the server, I was confused and had a lot of questions to ask. I confronted some staff to answer my questions and they responded to me in a nicely manner. I think that the staff team here is great and well-mannered.

Here are some of the abilities I have that I can offer to the team:

Maturity:

To join a faction, you need to be mature. How much more leading a faction. I take on the responsibilities given to me seriously. There is always time for everything. There's time to spend some quality time and laugh around with the community. I am a humorous person but there is also to be serious. If the task needs strict, then I am strict. And when it needs to be jolly, then I am jolly.

Passion:
    I am passionate with what I do. I do not voluntarily take on anything I am not passionate of doing. If I start something, I always finish it. I have played minecraft for over 6 years and I always get to have the best laughs and memories in here.

Communication:
    The most important asset needed to be present in one team is communication. This is to avoid chaos and misunderstandings. When I have something in mind, I speak it out and I do not get offended when I receive feedbacks. It is there to help me improve myself and my doings. I condone lying and I always speak the truth but at the same time I try my best not to hurt anyone in the community or the team with my words.

#1 BigBlakk, Apr 14, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2019 at 8:17 PM
  2. SourPatchSkidz

Suggestions:

Add more detail
    Become more globally active
    Become more well known in the community

best of luck!

BigBlakk likes this.
  3. BigBlakk

BigBlakk Member

I'm trying my best, thanks.

SourPatchSkidz likes this.
  4. Dorito_

Dorito_ Network Helper
    Helper

Hey @BigBlakk, here are some suggestions for your application:

» Become more globally active, I have never seen you on Jupiter or Skyblock

» Remove the emoji from question 5 as it shows lack of professionalism

Other than that I like how you have a solid amount of detail throughout your application.

Good luck!
    - Dorito_

BigBlakk likes this.
  5. BigBlakk

BigBlakk Member

Will do, thanks!

6. PenguinNerd

PenguinNerd Sr. Staff / Weeb / Nerd
    Senior Mod

Hello, @BigBlakk Here are some Suggestions.

Suggestions:
    - Change the font size, as it looks slightly unproffessional I suggest making it smaller
    - Add slighly more detail to the scenario questions

Best of Luck.
    -Penguin

BigBlakk likes this.
  7. BigBlakk

BigBlakk Member

Got it, Thanks!

8. FireTheLiar

FireTheLiar Member

Get Well Know I have no idea who you are and I looked up your faction it looks like you've just joined the server with $5,000 with a member rank. I recommend you become a little more active and popular while actually grinding and playing the server.

9. BigBlakk

BigBlakk Member

I play mars, not jupiter and a bit of skyblock.

10. FireTheLiar

FireTheLiar Member

11. FireTheLiar

FireTheLiar Member

Just get a little more well known and your good

12. BigBlakk

BigBlakk Member

Thank you very much!

13. BigBlakk

BigBlakk Member

Added more detail to the scenario questions and to some of the other questions that needed such.

14. YunusEmre

YunusEmre Member

I suggest you add more paragraph to your text, it makes it hard and "draining" to read.

15. BigBlakk

BigBlakk Member

Worked on the needed ones :) thanks.

16. Jonski

Jonski Administrator
    Management Team Administrator

DENIED - Hello there!

Your application has been intensely reviewed by the management team and it has been decided to deny your application, you may reapply in 1 week.

Be sure to look at our writing guide, this will help you when writing any application you may choose to create in the future. Also, check out our general requirements.

For these reasons your application has been denied:
    - Impatient with the application process.

Please take care to fix this up when creating your next staff application in 1 week.

Thanks, Management.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.