Join other players on play.universemc.us

Accepted AwesomeBroDude's Staff Application #2

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by AwesomeBroDude, Feb 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AwesomeBroDude

AwesomeBroDude Riven Main

• Minecraft Username: AwesomeBroDude
    • Previous Minecraft Usernames: GRS_Squixy, Banana_Splitt

• Timezone: Central Standard Time.

• Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone? Yes.

• Do you have the ability to record minecraft videos? Yes, I use OBS for all of my recordings.

• Are you Star (Or Above) Yes, I am currently the Ghoul rank on Factions, Emperor on Skyblock, and Titan on Mars.

• What is your full discord name? AwesomeBroDude#0001

2) Where are you most active on the Universe Server?

I am the most active on Jupiter. I have been playing on Jupiter for 3 seasons now. I have also been playing Neptune for around 2 seasons. Recently, I have started playing on mars for this current season.

3) How much time do you have to contribute to the role?

6-8 hours a day throughout the week. I do not do much outside of this game. If more time is required for releases or certain events I have no limit to play time per day. This schedule refers to when I am available. I will not be on Minecraft for all of it, but this is when I am online everyday.

Monday: 2:00pm-4:00am
    Tuesday: 2:00pm-4:00am
    Wednesday: 2:00pm-4:00am
    Thursday: 2:00pm-4:00am
    Friday: 2:00pm-4:00am
    Saturday: 2:00pm-4:00am
    Sunday: 2:00pm-4:00am

4) Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details.

I have been kicked once for spamming vouchers last season. I was also warned twice this season, once for server names and once for letter spam. I also recently said another server name as of 2-10-19. These were impulse decisions and I wasn't really thinking about the consequences when I put them in chat.

On other servers I have been banned for joining the server on a VPN. I join most servers on a VPN if I can to hide my personal information from other people. These bans were mostly on random factions servers I used to play on ages ago. A lot of servers still require joining with your actual IP, but I don't really have this problem anymore.

5) SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?

SCENARIO: Well known or new, all players have the same rules to follow/abide by. My reason would be justified and in making my decision it would go strictly off of what the rules say. Not following the rules will always have consequences, but people will still get bitter even when they know they are in the wrong. Players always have the ability to make a ticket for staff members to review. I make sure to have screenshots/proof of all punishments. If the situation comes to a more severe point, I can tell them to appeal it. Appealing punishments is an extremely important part of any server. and sometimes tickets are overwhelming especially when there are a lot of them. Everyone makes mistakes and confusion happens sometimes. I can back this up by my previous punishments on Universe. I have a couple warnings just by saying things when I didn't think before I said them.

6) Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last month? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?

Earlier this week I was driving to the airport to pick up a friend that was arriving in Terminal B32. Unfortunately, his flight got changed and was now going to be coming out of terminal A. Now, the DFW Airport is a very confusing place, and while making my way to Terminal A, I took the wrong airport exit. I still arrived to Terminal A, but it was the wrong level of Terminal A. There was two ways I could go, Airport exit and try again, or the Terminal A parking garage. I decided to pull into the parking garage and call my friend to communicate locations of where we could meet each other. Fortunately, he was very close to the parking garage and we met up without walking into any more problems.

As for a more reoccurring mistake, something I haven't learned from, is my horrible sleep schedule. Every day I get on this game and play for hours on end, but when it gets really late I don't feel like getting off. I stay up until 4am-8am playing until I finally feel tired enough to go to bed. This leaves me waking up in the middle of the afternoon causing the same problem. My sleep schedule causes me to live in all time zones, those being NA EU and AU, and I still haven't been able to learn from it because I don't really have a problem with it. Its nice seeing and talking to different people all the time. Eventually I will have to straighten up at least a little bit when I have to go back to manage my team at work, but currently I love how my random sleep schedule is. I guess you can say this isn't really a mistake, but in reality it is. Having this kind of sleep schedule isn't logical in anyway as I see it. It just creates a bit more fun for me as I get to see a lot of different people.

7) Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? (Minimum 200+ words)

OstiaPvp:

About 6 months ago, I applied for the helper role on OstiaPvp. I sent in an application and was interviewed within the next couple of days. The interview took about an hour and a half considering I elaborate on most of my answers when I talk through a voice interview. During my time as staff on <Server Name> I was promoted twice. I was Helper, then Trial-Mod, then Jr-Mod. I asked the manager to keep me there because after being promoted to Mod, you wouldn’t be able to play anymore. The reason I applied for staff was because this was going to be my first big server staffing job. I thought I was responsible enough for it and thought it would be a good learning experience considering I would be dealing with chat violations and complaints most of the time. Unlike I had previously thought, this job was more interesting than I thought it would be. People treat you very differently when you have authority over people. Being a factions player for 5 years now, I understand this in great detail. People try to manipulate you and tell you lies to get what they want. This was a huge problem on <Server Name> due to the players that were on the server. There was always a level of toxicity in chat between factions and players just like every other server. I resigned from <Server Name> because of the way the server was running. Ninety-five percent of the player base was alts and the staff team was very inactive. I was staff on there for about two months which was the equivalent of two seasons there. It was a very good learning experience and I don’t regret any of it.

Minespire:

I was very privileged to be accepted on this new growing server. I started out as a mod on Minespire and it was going very well. The community was like a server community I had never seen before. Not very toxic considering it was more of a survival server, but it still had its moments. The management team was extremely diligent at doing their jobs and keeping everything in line. Due to it being a relatively new server, everyone's focus was on growing. Unfortunately the server ended up going down and was lost for quite some time. Recently I saw the server was back up, but with a different management team than before. It was a very good experience and I learned quite a lot from it.

Blaze MC:

This was the second server I was staff on. I was one of the many administrators of the server and was widely loved due to my activity on the server. I was really good friends with the manager of the staff team, and a lot of the time we ran most of the events and staff meetings. I would like to try to be as involved if accepted on UniverseMC. I resigned from BlazeMC due to some outside issues with my life at the time.

ExtremeCraft:

This server was my biggest staffing job I've done thus far. With an average of 400+ players, The management team was a lot more developed than the other servers I had previously staffed for. Extreme had multiple servers that the management team had to be active on. As a Moderator on the server, they aimed my job mostly to hack prevention. This was my main role ofr the time I was apart of the leadership team. I learned the differences that really show if someone is hacking like head snaps, auto potting, reach etc. I feel like this added experience would really help me succeed on UniverseMC as a Helper.

Applecraft:

For this server, hacking was to a minimum. This is a 1.13.2 survival server with land claim and normal economy. As a Jr.Mod on Applecraft, I was mostly a chat mod due to permissions they set up for the staff team. Although I was used to record multiple x-rayers, and auto farm bots. This was a very short term staff job for me due to the fact that the player base was shrinking. They demoted me due to laying off members of the staff team because they didn't need us anymore. Survival has a very different vibe than factions but it still teaches you what to look for in the hacking player base.

FadeCloud:

This was my longest staff job to date. FadeCloud has been up since December of 2013. I joined the management in August of 2014. This server made me most of who I am as a Minecraft player today. I was a Staff member on there for a little under 3 years and ended up as the Sr.Admin at the end of 2017. I was head of the Management team and had an insane amount of responsibilities that I had to account for. I set up all of the meetings, held/announced most if not all of the events we had going on, and was the deciding factor of accepting/denying people promotions and demotions. I had a huge amount of people depending on what I did for the server and leadership team and I feel like I successfully did so.

Outside of Minecraft Experience:

Apart from Minecraft, every summer I march in DCI. For a little bit of background information, DCI is like the NFL for marching band. You fly to a random place in the U.S to train for a month, and then tour the country for another two. During my previous 2 seasons, I was the Mellophone section leader. This brought on a load of responsibilities that I slowly got used to as I went. A few of my responsibilities were to wake my section up every morning, and get everyone ready for the day after personal training. Again, These are just a few. Throughout the season I was supposed to be an example that people could look up to for answers or guidance. DCI is to date the hardest thing I have ever done, and I will continue doing it until I am 21(Age Restriction).

8) If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft ?

I don't do much outside of Minecraft. I just occasionally play other games. I'm on my computer 10 hours a day everyday unless I have other random plans. Other games I normally play outside of Minecraft are osu!, Rocket League, and League of Legends.

Like I said previously, I am also involved in DCI. This a very big band competition where you travel the country for around 2 months and play a show every 1-2 days. The training is very intense and rigorous considering that you train 16 hours a day for a month in the heat of the summer.

9) SCENARIO: You're in a busy gamemode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a junior moderator for a hacker, someone then messages you on discord telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?

SCENARIO: When there is a hacker in play, it becomes an extremely high priority for me to resolve it. Even realizing I need a higher up for a perm ban, depending on what hacks or modifications they are using, It still becomes a #1 priority. I would immediately turn on my OBS and start recording/watching the fight or ask the people who reported it if they can. I would also be trying to get another staff member to deal with the music problem if possible. After the hacker is in the process of being resolved, if I wasn't able to get someone to help with the music problem I would proceed to do it myself by hopping into the discord and asking both people what the situation is just for clarification of both sides. As for the questions, I would answer all of them to the best of my ability without giving falsified information. Giving false information causes confusion and creates more questions. Players shouldn't be afraid of getting help. I tend to compare it to school, If you don't ask for help you wont get any closer to success.

10) SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?

Giving a punishment always requires proof. If you don't have proof that the player is guilty, punishing them opens doors for questioning your punishment. You can't punish a player unless you have proof that they aren't innocent. We're all human and will all make mistakes sometimes. If the proper proof was presented that proves the player I previously punished as Innocent, I would Immediately revert the punishment and attempt to resolve the situation to the best of my ability. If proper proof was not given, the punishment will stand. Players can always make a new ticket in the discord or appeal it on the forums. Another thing you need to look at in this scenario is the other people spamming you. A second punishment may be necessary for players spamming you saying it was a false punishment. You cannot be focused on one thing at a time with a server like UniverseMC due to the fact that there are hundreds of people doing other things at the same time. Multi-tasking is a huge requirement for running servers as part of the management team.

11) Anything else we should know? My name is Jake and I am a die hard factions and skyblock fan. I have been playing factions for around 6 years now and I have never stopped loving it. I really appreciate you taking time to read my application! All feedback given will greatly help this application be revised/edited.

#1 AwesomeBroDude, Feb 6, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  2. PenguinNerd

PenguinNerd Fluffy Penguin <3

Hello, @AwesomeBroDude Here are some Suggestions.

Suggestions:
    - Add more overall detail to your application, especially your scenario questions
    - Become more Globally Active (Forums, Discord, All Server Platforms, and Twitter if applicable)
    - Put forth more effort into your application

Best of Luck.
    -Penguin

3. AwesomeBroDude

Thank you for the feed back! I appreciate you taking time to read my application.

Taking All of your feedback into consideration. I added some things and started revising. Hope you enjoy the edits.

#3 AwesomeBroDude, Feb 7, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
  4. Tank

Tank Staff Application Critic

Hello! @AwesomeBroDude

This application is well done. Although your scenarios need to be more detailed, as they're crucial to your application.
    Of course, be as active as you can on our other media outlets. Main one being Discord.

Interested on where this application goes.

Good luck!

5. AwesomeBroDude

Thank you so much for your input Tank. In the process of editing now.

6. J0NBE4R

J0NBE4R Ex. Community Manager

Pending - Congratulations, you have made it through to the next stage. In this stage we will be reviewing you on your activity and attitude in-game and on our social media sites. Be sure to stay as active as possible and we will review your app again within the next 3-5 days. Thanks.

7. AwesomeBroDude

Thank you so much for giving me a second opportunity to pursue this team. I appreciate everyone's feedback that went into this application.

8. NotShadey

NotShadey Billie Eilish ♥

Congratulations on pending! Make sure to show your best behaviour and be active! :)

9. AwesomeBroDude

@ShadeyPvP Thank you for the encouragement. I appreciate the comment.

10. Darknetic

Darknetic Member

Suggestions
    - Be more active on Forums and discord
    - Play more on Factions and just hangout with the community

BY THE WAY Congrats on Pending

11. Zoxide

Zoxide Member

Hiya, @AwesomeBroDude, Here is some feedback on your application!

Suggestions:
    - Try to add more overall detail.
    - Try to become as globally active as possible, this includes, Twitter, Discord, Forums and the Network as a whole!
    - Try to put some more effort into your application.
    - Try to help players whilst going through this application stage as it could help chances of being moved along the application stages.

A little side note, Congratulations on receiving PENDING.

- Wee

12. AwesomeBroDude

Thank you all for the feed back on my application, and thank you for all of the encouragement! I have edited things you have told me to, and I hope you consider re-reading my application. Thanks again!

13. RoboticSavage

RoboticSavage Restricted
    Muted

I would like to see a boost in activity on discord before we make any decisions.

I apologise for any confusion.

Thanks, Robotic.

14. Darknetic

Darknetic Member

You still have a chance

15. RNS

RNS Member

Good luck!

16. Dnoxal

Dnoxal Network Staff
    Helper

Suggestions
    Be more active
    Add some more detail
    (I know im late, sorry!)
    -very mature
    -Semi-detail application

17. AwesomeBroDude

Hello @Dnoxal! I appreciate the reply regardless. I'm trying to be as active as possible through discord and forums. If anyone needs anything I am almost always in Public 1. Thank you so much for the feedback.

#17 AwesomeBroDude, Feb 14, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  18. RoboticSavage

RoboticSavage Restricted
    Muted

Interview - Hello! After reviewing your application throughout the past few days we have decided to interview you, please contact an admin via discord regarding this.

It is your responsibility to PM an admin like myself regarding this.

My Discord: RoboticSavage#7091

Good luck.

Thanks.

19. RNS

RNS Member

20. AwesomeBroDude

@RNS Thank you so much!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.