Join other players on play.universemc.us

Denied Appeal for staff age requirement

Discussion in 'Denied Suggestions' started by GamerClick, Oct 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GamerClick

GamerClick VeryEpic

true* lol ;)

2. GamerClick

GamerClick VeryEpic

I would like to mention something here. I believe I have stayed professional for the most part, but I have not become toxic upon a staff denial, all I do is accept it, read what they had to say, and try to fix it. I don't believe I would be classified as the 2nd view. I have been toxic before but that was a while ago and I have completely forgot about it, because that's what leaders do. They put the wrong behind them and they push forward. I am not saying I a leader in any way, I am just saying I don't believe it is right to talk as if you were someone else. I am not here to argue I am here for input, this suggestion is not about me but the people who thrive to get to this position.

3. PenguinNerd

PenguinNerd Fluffy Penguin <3

Alright mate, you got me there I'll fix it.

4. SemTehPotato

SemTehPotato {#AllBae<3}

Hello VSauce,
    You were very upset every time you would get denied, I always pushed you on but you would come to me mad and upset back when I was staff because you kept getting denied. Don't think back to now, think back to a few months ago. What you said back then matters now. Also I said that I believe you are classified as the second view. However I may be wrong, thats just how I and a few other players saw you. You could get professional and mature, or super toxic and that side of you stood out the most.

Saying oof looks immature it's like a staff member saying "Hahaha oof mate that's a rip!" It looks bad for that staff member and the rest of the team. They do make exceptions for staff, two examples of this are me and Robotic. Robotic is still underaged and when I was staff I was underage. If someone is under 13 but professional and mature enough to become staff, I'm sure they'd make an exception. But this is life, some people will agree with you, others will disagree. Some rules will be against you, but you have to learn to deal with them.

-JustCallMeSemYT

{AllBae<3}

5. PenguinNerd

Sem, I believe both you and VSauce have both got your points across, I think this subject does not need to continue any further.

6. Destoyable

Destoyable Member

When making your application and the management team sees that your under that age requirement, yes it will lower your chances, but you can still get accepted. Theres not a 0% chance of you getting accepted when your under aged. You have to show maturity both in game and on the forums. It sounds like you think you'll never get accepted because you don't meet the age requirements. You can get accepted if you make a extremely good application and show professionalism both in game, in discord, and on the forums. It comes down to your personality and how you look at things. The staff management team doesn't want bratty 12 year olds that go extremely toxic when they get denied. they want people that keep trying after they keep getting denied. they want people that take the criticism nicely and accept that they are denied. I'm not saying your a bratty 12 year old that goes toxic when they don't get their way. I was just giving an example as to what the staff team wants. The best teacher is failure. not accepting failure means you will learn nothing from your mistakes. Your learn from what you did wrong in your application, fix it, then keep applying.

7. Acceptation

The way I see it is that they should give people who are under the requirements at least a chance and even if they do start being immature and unprofessional then they can always be demoted.

8. Destoyable

Destoyable Member

agreed

9. GamerClick

GamerClick VeryEpic

I feel like this topic has no relevance to what I am talking about, as this suggestion is not about me as I have stated, its about other people. I feel there is no reason to argue with me about it as it is not directed at me.
    Thanks,
    -Sauce

10. GamerClick

GamerClick VeryEpic

I like what you have stated but I feel I am no where near bratty. I have mentioned that I have asked an admin about this topic and they said they do not accept people under 13 any longer. ​

11. Destoyable

Destoyable Member

12. GamerClick

GamerClick VeryEpic

I know but it sounded like it was directed that way

13. Destoyable

Destoyable Member

sorry if thats the way you saw it. I didn't mean to offend anyone

14. GamerClick

GamerClick VeryEpic

Its fine :)

15. NYAN

NYAN Member

I completely agree. It's not like when you're 12 you are very immature and then the minute you turn 13 you're mature. In my faction I recruit people not because of their age, but because of maturity and overall skill in factions. You cannot base something off of a number.

I saw your staff requirement and I honestly think that was a little bit unfair how their only reason of not hiring you was because of your age. You are more mature than many older kids and even some adults that I know and I've seen many of your posts. You would be great staff and I hope you reapply when you turn 13. Best of luck!

16. Destoyable

Destoyable Member

I saw his staff application too, and it was far better than most applications I've seen on the server.I totally agree maturity isn't based on age.

NYAN likes this.
  17. PenguinNerd

Completely agree! I don't base my faction members on age, in my faction as long as your mature your good.

Yes I agree, VSauce's Application was much better than most applications, I believe he should've been accepted because he is most likely one of the most professional and mature players I've seen so far on the network.

18. Rookes123

Rookes123 Member

I am on both sides of the argument. As a past server administrator, I have seen many immature staff both on either side of the age limit. However, I would like to add that there have been some incredible staff members that do not meet the age requirement.

Reason why I agree with the 13+ rule.

Staff's image is just as important as anything. If we had a seven-year-old staff member, people of who are older and more 'developed/mature' will assume dominance over the staff member, this can lead to not co-operating or a lot of dislike against the staff member. As humans, we would expect that the older we are the more dominance and power over younger people we have. We, especially as teenagers, do this meaning that a seven-year-old trying to do his/her job would have issues with respect and control.

The reason why I disagree with the rule.

I think that if the player prepared to dedicate their time and their energy into a server they should be allowed to do so providing they are deemed mature enough. Age is not the determining factor when it comes to staff members, it's about the person behind the screen, and if that person has dedication and pride they should be able to help the server.

P.s @AnonymousOG I am still awaiting an unban. It is not difficult to remove perms and would like this done asap as I could do it in 5minutes.

Destoyable likes this.
  19. Destoyable

Destoyable Member

I agree with you an about everything you said. I'm also going to get straight to the point and say I would like to see underaged players in the staff team like V sauce and others.

Also @Vsause_exe you should apply again for staff. If you just keep applying making your application better and being very active on forums and discord they define toy will accept you eventually. I would love to see you on the staff team.

20. PenguinNerd

Very much agreed man! VSacue is one of the most capable and possible staff members I've seen on the network. I'm very much hope he is accepted! @VSauce_exe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.