Join other players on play.universemc.us

Denied Appeal for staff age requirement

Discussion in 'Denied Suggestions' started by GamerClick, Oct 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Destoyable

Destoyable Member

I wasn't agreeing with him, simply stating my point

2. Destoyable

Destoyable Member

Just edited the post, may want to check it out

3. PenguinNerd

PenguinNerd Fluffy Penguin <3

I agree, you of course have to be professional but not so serious to the point that your job is what you care about the most.

4. PenguinNerd

Do not double post please. Just say what you wanna say once and the message will get across. Thank you.

5. Destoyable

Destoyable Member

sorry I didn't mean to post it twice

6. PenguinNerd

It's fine, just don't do it anymore. I only wanted to give you a warning.

7. Destoyable

Destoyable Member

I get that. I pressed the create reply button and I didn't see it go through so I pressed it again.

8. PenguinNerd

Fair enough reasoning, it's all good.

9. SemTehPotato

SemTehPotato {#AllBae<3}
    Helper

Hello YesHaxNoSkillz,

There's four ways to look at this. One way is to look at it from a players view, a player who thinks all of this is just a video game and whatever they say or do doesn't matter. That they won't get in trouble for their actions. The second way is to look at it from a player who cares about what they say. They try to act professional and mature so when they get toxic it stands out like an dragon in a dessert. The third was is from a staff members view, a staff member that hates their job. The fourth is a staff member who loves their job.

If you asked someone with the first way of thinking if they would consider it a real job or if they would even treat it as a real job they would say no. If you asked someone with the second way of thinking, they would most likely say yes because that's how they view it. If you ask someone with the third way of thinking then they probably would say no, because they don't like it. They wouldn't view it as a job more like something they volunteered to do and hate because they have to do so much work for volunteering.

I see you as someone who is someone between the first and second way of thinking. You think this all means nothing and don't see this as a true profession. However I think that you act professional and mature and it sticks out when you say something wrong. I see VSauce as someone with the second way of thinking. He acts professional & mature in chat but upon being denied he gets toxic. This is a stick in his personality, and it shows when he talks to people. He's slow to become professional & mature and easy to become toxic and disrespectful. I once was someone with the fourth point of view, however now I see myself as someone with the second point of view. I can get toxic, and I was toxic when Yunus & Shotgun would make me upset, and everyone could see that. My friends would always be there trying to get me to calm down. Yunus & Shotgun lived to annoy me and make me upset. I let them get to me too much, and the New Yorker side of me was
    unleashed.

I have made stupid mistakes and even now I think back on my life, things I said and did in Kindergarten and I hate myself for it. So no, we can't ALWAYS be perfect but we also can't ALWAYS be toxic. Camel (Jaii) hasn't been the best manager. He can be very immature and unprofessional, a lot. He also can be toxic and disrespectful along with bias. He has made many mistakes but he tries. Agree to disagree with your comment on success. The road to success is NEVER easy. You have to work for it, yes I know, effort, but with the right mindset and enough determination you can reach success. You can meet your mark.

I am not pushing this down because it was different for me. I'm pushing this down because of the
    possibility of this server falling into a decline. I can say yes we've had very immature and unprofessional staff members who were 16 or even 18 but the most people we've had trouble with was the younger staff members. Yes there are exceptions to this like Robotic, but a majority of them are immature. The rules & requirements cannot fit every single human being, that would impossible. Yes there is going to be exceptions for every age group but we can't accustomed to them all. That is why we set the standard requirements.

-JustCallMeSem

{AllBae<3}

10. PenguinNerd

This is quite true, but most people I have seen, love being a staff member and do it just to help out the server. The reason I became a staff member is so I could help the server itself, and the community as a whole.

11. YesHaxNoSkillz

YesHaxNoSkillz One Of the Oldest UniverseMc Players.

I have explianed it to you 3 times in as much detail as I could yet you do not seem to fully understand me. You can beleive what you want but we beleive that the current rule should be changed.

12. PenguinNerd

Yep

13. ShadeyPvP

ShadeyPvP Staff Member

I always said "Age doesn't matter, maturity does."

14. PenguinNerd

With your recent behavior, I'm not sure you follow that statement yourself. But good advice man.

15. ShadeyPvP

ShadeyPvP Staff Member

Hey, I never said I was not immature, I know I was & I don't apply for now because maturity does matter. Thanks for making the post though.

16. PenguinNerd

I wasn't calling you out or anything don't worry man. I understand you want to change and I fully support that.

17. Destoyable

Destoyable Member

I used to be extremely toxic on the server, shady. Its not an overnight thing to change and become even a hair more mature. It comes with things that happen to you and things you learn along the way that will change you.

EDIT:The reason staff management don't want immature, toxic players on the staff team is because It not only looks bad for the server but the community as a whole. When kitmap had more players I would always be saying ez and L every time I killed someone. everytime someone died I would say noob or your trash. If your better then a player and you beat them they want you to say "gf" or "your pretty good, but I'm a little better" stuff like that. People want to you point out their flaws and tell them how to fix them. Not point them out and laugh at them for it. A great way to being "untoxic" is to not let people push your buttons. I understand its easy to lash out and get mad at people for being toxic to you. And try to be nicer to players overall. Just start with ending a fight with "gf" not "ez" That will go a long way and really help. Trying to stop being toxic is very hard. Its not like trying to quit swearing or stop some other random habit. Its something you have inside you that you've placed there that you just have a reaction to every time you do something to someone you just say the meanest thing to the player to try and get them rage quit just to laugh. trying to break the habbit of not brushing your teeth is different. Its something you need to do 2 or 3 times a day. being toxic to players is a reaction, not an action. Thats why its so different. I'm not saying I'm perfect and your horrible. I still can get mad at players and lash out. We aren't perfect.

#57 Destoyable, Nov 7, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
  18. PenguinNerd

Fair point, I agree.

19. GamerClick

GamerClick VeryEpic

I have a question for you. How does saying oof make someone immature. One singular word is not enough to explain someones maturity level, but there maturity is based on an overall of their actions. I also disagree how you talked about my grammar, as I don't think not holding the shift key makes such a big difference, yes it was a mistake but i fixed it yet it was small and we shouldn't be worrying about these things in our short lives. I beg to differ with quite a few of your statements but arguing over it would be ridiculous. (They don't allow people under the age of 13 anymore, i asked an admin.)
    Thanks for your time
    -Sauce

20. GamerClick

GamerClick VeryEpic

Good words

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.