Join other players on play.universemc.us

Denied Appeal for staff age requirement

Discussion in 'Denied Suggestions' started by GamerClick, Oct 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GamerClick

GamerClick VeryEpic

Thread Title:
    Appeal for staff age requirement
    IGN: (In-game name):
    VSauce_exe
    Date:
    Oct 25, 2018
    Suggestion:
    I believe that you should let staff be under the age of 13. I would say universe should still be letting in exceptions for people under the age of 13 if they have an exceptionally good staff application. I understand completely that there has been some issues with letting staff in under the age of 13, but universe has let in very few. This leaves this very open as not many people have been tested that are under the age of 13. Just because 1 or 2 staff under the age of 13 didn't work out doesn't mean all wont. I feel you should give people under the age of 13 a chance, and if they have a good interview maybe you could give them helper training due to them being under the age requirement. I think universe is missing out on quite a few great staff members that are under the age of 13. I think that even if the few staff members under the age of 13 didn't work out doesn't necessarily mean that it should reflect the maturity level of them. I feel many people under the age of 13 are mature and responsible enough to be a staff member. A staff member needs to be a very responsible person with a high level of maturity. Some people over the age of 13 aren't mature and aren't good fits for the role yet some people under the age of 13 might be. In my opinion it is just as easy to find a person that is as mature or responsible at the age of 13 than it is 12. If someone is 13 i don't know if that makes such a difference compared to 12 and below people. I believe this rule should be appealed yet still set to a requirement of 13, my appeal is to let a few exceptional people into the staff team. Some staff believe you could be a good fit even though you are under the age of 13 but deny you due to it. I don't understand why you should be denying a person who's 1 or 2 years shy of the requirement if you think they'd be such a good staff member. In my opinion if you think they'd be a good staff member give them a chance and see how they would do in an interview, trial. If you deny people under 13 due to their maturity i would disagree. I think there are many people under the age of 13 that are very mature and fit for this role.
    Thanks for taking my suggestion into account
    -Sauce
    Server:
    Hub
    Reason for this Suggestion:
    Great possible staff members denied for there age

NYAN likes this.
  2. SinnFein

SinnFein Member

I completely agree.

3. Acceptation

Full support

4. Darknetic

Darknetic Member

+1 I agree with this

5. GamerClick

GamerClick VeryEpic

Thanks for the support!!!

6. PenguinNerd

PenguinNerd Fluffy Penguin <3

Hey VSauce! How are you doing? and I give you all my support! I do agree even if your under 13 you should be given a chance if you have an exceptional staff application, and your mature and professional enough for the position.

Hope this suggestion is approved! Hope you have a nice day!

-Penguin

7. GamerClick

GamerClick VeryEpic

I am speaking for all the people who almost meet the requirement but seriously are ready

8. PenguinNerd

Agreed.

9. Pandachills

Pandachills Active Forum's Member

Prior to past staff their have been very young and Immature staff but Robotic is very mature and he is 12 i believe you are older than him
    So i agree that their should be a limit still but maybe the requirments are higher for example you must have 3 months of server experience and you must have to have shown maturity in chat and other places

10. SinnFein

SinnFein Member

Pretty much all the staff that have been accepted that are under 13 have been really professional and mature.

11. PenguinNerd

Agreed.

12. GamerClick

GamerClick VeryEpic

I wouldn't say all staff under 13 were the greatest choice but some have like Wild said Robo. I feel like it could be a hit or miss between it so that's why i said they should probably go through a trial period.

13. YesHaxNoSkillz

YesHaxNoSkillz One Of the Oldest UniverseMc Players.

Fully agree if there is a lot of staff that are not even 13 or are underage when they where accepted. Is that kinda unfair?

14. PenguinNerd

Agreed.

15. NYAN

NYAN Member

+1
    I completely and utterly agree with you, this topic needs to be discussed more. I don't know if this topic applies to you, but if you are under the age of 13 and want to apply, you have my full support and you are extremely mature. I look forward to more on this topic.

-NYAN

16. Dnoxal

Dnoxal Network Staff
    Helper

I agree. When I was 12 I was decently mature.

17. PenguinNerd

I could say the same thing for myself.

18. GamerClick

GamerClick VeryEpic

Thanks for the support and commments

19. SemTehPotato

SemTehPotato {#AllBae<3}

Hello VSauce,
    I'm sure you were aware both Robotic & I were underaged staff, Robotic still is. Yes they do let in many few people under the age of 13 but that's because they have reasons. 99% of every child under the age of 13 that I have met is very unprofessional and immature when it comes to these things. I do agree you can be the best staff member Universe has ever had and be underaged. If the management team believe a person will be professional and mature as staff, they are willing to look past their age. However not many of the people who apply match what they look for in staff, therefore they are denied. VSauce, you are an amazing player and overall person, but even you can be very immature at times. In season 6 of skyblock you threw a fit simply because you didn't have the proof you needed after getting insided. Times like that get taken into account when you apply for the helper position.

-JustCallMeSemYT

{AllBae}

20. PenguinNerd

This is true, but I believe none the less, that VSauce is fit for the position of Helper.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.