Join other players on play.universemc.us

Denied AerialAF's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by aerialaf, Jan 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aerialaf

aerialaf ==-AerialAF-==

1) Simple Information
    • Minecraft Username: AerialAF
    • Previous Minecraft Usernames: AppyFlitz
    • Timezone: SEA (Philippines)
    • Do you have access to Teamspeak and a working microphone? Yes i do, and i also have access in discord in case there's an announcement or any other emergencies
    • Do you have the ability to record minecraft videos? Yes, I have OBS and also Broadcasting recorder software
    • Are you Star (Or Above) Yes.Galactic.
    2) Elaborate:

1) Where are you most active on the Universe Server?:
    I am most active in the Morning to Afternoons here recently 8:30am till around 9:00pm. However i do have a job so i will somethimmes come on more in the mornings 7:00am - 11:30am. I am mostly active on the jupiter realm of the server. However i do help players out whenever it comes to certain issue like, how to get on to discord, were can i find the rules?, How do i make a faction and etc. I do my best everyday to interact with new players and try my best to make them understand what faction is all about.
    2) How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:
    This is my time stand i have currently, however this may differ a little whenever my work hours change.
    Monday: 8:00am - 11:00am
    Tuesday: 8:00am - 3:00pm
    Wednesday: 8:00am - 11:00am
    Thursday 8:00am - 5:00pm
    Friday: 8:00am - 12:00pm
    Saturday: 8:00am - 9:00pm (No work)
    Sunday: 8:00am - 9:00pm (No work)
    3) Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details.
    No, I haven't done anything against the server rules. I wont ever do something breaking the rules or any other things like that, unless if it's disrespectful towards me personally. However i have dealt a lot of toxic behavior in my time to know how to hold back.
    4) SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player.
    They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?
    I would ban them for 1 day for unmute evading. I don't care if it's a known player rules matter.It's basically peer pressure which i can overcome now.
    5) Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last month? How did you deal with it? What did you learn? I've made a mistake for being an inactive player on the server and letting my faction members down, i realized that you really need to cooperate on the server to be higher and to surpass other player so i began to play the server again for being active. Also with the scamming, everyone get scammed often because there's no rule to NOT scam so i just easily trade them on calling them on discord so we can have a fair deal.

6) Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? (Minimum 200+ words)Yes, I have quite do, I'm used to be the Manager a manager of ZenithReborn then i later resigned to the lack of players. I was Sr Mod on ZenithSurvival but i was demoted due to people thought i'm the one who griefed and ruined the Survival gamemode. The owner believed that i was the reason for making such things horrible but i was critically blamed by the people who thought i was the reason. I currently own my faction named MCPinoyZone. We mostly play with our allies and DarmMingSi and Atashiiwa and Rebel_PvP. We are decent at PVP were always there for each other when we're being ganked. Rebel_PvP looks up to me as a leader since i helped him catch hackers and bait them out for him. I may be the but it's ok because knowing who's the hackers is the right thing to do. I always come up with the first person when suddenly Atashiiwa asked if we should PVP when im on. I really trust Atashiiwa even though I am enemies with his faction. I always lead the gank which consists of 4 - 20 people on about 2 - 6 people at a time. We hardly lose our fights. During this time period of me making this application I just became a moderator on a server named MCPinoyZone, I am quite helpful on there and active people rely on me being there for them. People rely on me because I know when to not ban and when to. I also know what a hacker looks like and doesn't. I describe myself as a leader because To become a good leader YOU have to be a good follower. I watch those who I follow I recently notice my self to become a leader when I notice I started to think for myself a lot more. I started to become more independent and chose who I hang around. I really think I am fit for this Rank. I am a good teacher and student. I know when to listen and when to hear. I realize people will try to set me off track but I know when to get back on track. I always often see it's the wise that is quiet most of the times, I have 3 friends who stay quiet when I'm running my mouth they are good followers, who helped me In becoming who I am today. I really think to become a leader you have to surround yourself with those who can help you and give you ideas and solutions to your problem, I am somewhat independent. I am the type of person who asks for help when I need it. I notice when I Was younger I used to think I could do everything myself. Now I rely more on others facts and opinions. Which got me where I am right now. Writing this application. If I am denied. I will know I tried. Everyday I wake up I say to myself a word is enough for a wise person. My dad was the first person to say this to myself when I was 12, My dad always told me never be a follower Always strive to become a leader. Now I get what he means and I don't understand why I can't follow those who lead well. And Lead those who Follow good. This is my path of life I must overcome my fear of writing applications. This is the first application I write this long but it doesn't matter. What matter is the effort I put in. This is why I think I am ready to become a good leader and solve my problems the right way. This can help the server in many ways one being the trust of the players. More people will want to play and say this a good server.

7) If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft ?
    Well, Not that much but I'll give you a background about me, I am a 15-year-old boy from Philippines, Quezon City People say it's bad out here it is not that bad anymore. I am learning to play Guitar and drums because I want to better myself in the near future. I am a very good leader because When I can help I will. I don't try to make my self big a bad I just think that I should be given respect. if I don't understand a subject someone is asking me I will make sure I ask what Is being asked or taught. I am teachable I am a very easy person to work with because I am very nice to everyone I just don't like those who use my kindness for granted, I am nice but I can be very strict. And i don't like those people who's trying to act nice in front of me but when i look behind they're going to backstab me, There are any fake people.

8) SCENARIO: You're in a busy gamemode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a moderator for a hacker, someone then pokes you on teamspeak telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do? I'll do what i must first because i'm here to work, not to slack and enjoy full time. I need to do what i need to do first so i can deal with the problem. So I will ask a moderator to come help these players. Then I'll talk to the other person about the person blasting their music.

9) SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it? If I accidentally made an 'incorrect punishment' I would quickly report it to the higher ups explaining to them that it was accidental. I would then apologize to the player that was punished and also tell the other players that it was my fault everything occured. If they don't drop the conversation after I apologize to the players I would follow on the rules for punishments on mutes for spamming. If they continue after that punishment I would still follow onto the guidelines and make sure that I don't ever make that mistake again. How would I handle the situation? Well I would make sure that I am being polite,respectful and mature as possible during this 'debate'. I wouldn't lose my cool and go onto a random muting / warning spree unless the player says something that is 100% against the rules.

10) Anything else we should know? I'm just a novice on this Website, so i might be inactive in here but i'll try to be active often in the future.

2. SketchyAI

SketchyAI Member

Pros:
    Has Discord
    Has Rank
    Has Microphone
    Detailed Application
    Good color choices

Cons:

Not active Globally [Discord,Forums, and Servers]
    Has a few missed punctuation in answer #7.
    Not well known in the community.

Suggestions:
    Be active globally
    Talk more in public chat to stand out more

Try to answer new players / players questions.
    Don't ever be toxic in chat, could resort to you having a bad rep.

3. Dnoxal

Dnoxal Network Staff
    Junior Mod

Agreed.

4. Tank

Tank Self-Appointed Staff Application Critic
    Administrator

Great application!

My only suggestion is be more active in the alternate areas of the server.
    Also the questions are weird, but I don't really consider that a con.

Besides that, well done.

Good luck!

5. aerialaf

aerialaf ==-AerialAF-==

Thank you all for your respond, I'll be active from now on and participate from all of the events,
    Cooperate more and other things that i should do so i can really earn the 'helper' for being what truly it is

Thank You!.

6. Dnoxal

Dnoxal Network Staff
    Junior Mod

OH By the way @aerialaf you submitted your app early, you have to wait a week after being denied.

7. aerialaf

aerialaf ==-AerialAF-==

I'm really sorry for submitting my app too early. I was not aware of the time when i submitted my other app. My apologies.

8. RoboticSavage

RoboticSavage Member

DENIED - Hello there!

Your application has been intensely reviewed by the management team and it has been decided to deny your application; you may reapply in 1 week.

Be sure to look at our writing guide, this will help you when writing your next application https://universemc.us/threads/application-writing-guide.864/ and our general requirements, https://universemc.us/threads/staff-application-requirements.15/

For these reasons your application has been denied:
    Did not wait a week.

Please take care to fix this up when creating your next staff application in 1 week.

Thanks.

9. aerialaf

aerialaf ==-AerialAF-==

Alright, thanks for your respond. I'll surely wait for 1 week, so sorry i did not expect it hasn't been a week since my last application. My apologies

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.