Join other players on play.universemc.us

Denied Actavia's Staff Applicatoin

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by Actavia, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Actavia

Actavia Member

Simple Information
    Ign:
    Actavia.
    Previous Ign's: Andrew2k16, XxShnukexX, WinsAlt, Ponysarebea.
    Timezone: PST

Elaborate:

1)Where Are You Most Active:
    I am most actively playing on the Jupiter planet and i do plan to continue to play on this planet.

4)How Much Time Do You Have To Contribute To The Role:
    6+ Hours daily

3)Have You Ever Been Punished On The Server:
    No

5)Scenario: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to un-mute them. What would you do:
    First off although the player in question is a well known and most likely a respected player in the community you could most likely expect some sort of backlash or unrest in the community. First thing i would do in this situation assuming that there is significant unrest on the Server/Discord priority number 1 is to calm the player-base. After i have calmed the community i would the proceed to try and assist the muted player in the best way i can as my role as a staff member is to be confident and set a good example therefore if the player doesn't understand the reason for the mute or wishes to discuss the matter further they can open a thread on the forums. Alternatively i can try to get them into a voice call do explain to them the reason they were muted and provide the evidence that i have to back up the reason for mute.

6)Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last month? How did you deal with it? What did you learn:
    In the last month i have made a few minor mistakes but only one that i see as making a significant impact on my life. I am currently in high school which you may or may not know is difficult on some kids. I was a huge procrastinator and often waited till last minute to do and hand in half done and horrible projects to my teachers. When i finally decided to deal with it i did so by simply talking to my teachers and explaining that i have a hard time staying organised and that i often times find myself getting distracted by other things. So what we came up with is that for every project i hand in on time i got 1 point i could exchange said 1 point to add 1% to my overall grade in that class so i gradually started to put my effort into my work and hand it in on time i saw a huge increase in my grade in my courses and for once wasn't always stressed about failing a class. The lesson that this taught me is that hard work is always important and that it is satisfying to see something i worked hard on succeed.

7)Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience(Min. 200+ Words):

I do have previous staff experience i am a former mod of a server named Jurassicpvp a cosmic test server with an average player base of about 100-130 players i also have small amounts of experience in running a servers as i used to make small servers for me and my friends to screw around on and in doing so taught myself a lot of essential commands in running a factions server. The reason my knowledge in factions commands is a decent amount is because i love the factions game mode and i think the game and player base alike are something special

8)If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft:
    In school i am involved with a few clubs one of witch is drama. Another school activity i am enrolled in is rugby which i enjoy playing very much

9)SCENARIO: You're in a busy game mode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a moderator for a hacker, someone then pokes you on Teamspeak telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do:
    This i feel is quite a simple question. You would simply figure out which one of the reports is priority most commonly going to be the hacker. After figuring out this whilst attempting to get a moderator online to deal with the hacker(s) i would join the teamspeak call and explain to the person playing music that if they do not lower their music or leave they will be punished

10)SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it

If i do happen to issue a false punishment my first priority is to get into some sort of call with the players to explain my end and hear theirs out if i conclude with sufficient evidence that my punishment was unjust i would tell the higher ups and explain to them that it was an honest mistake afterwards issuing a sincere apology to the player and all parties involved

Anything else we should know:
    No i would just like to thank you for taking time out of your day to read my staff application and i hope that in the future i can be a part of making this server fun and fair for all players (This is being added after posting i apologize for the spelling error in the title)

#1 Actavia, Jan 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    Tank likes this.
  2. PenguinNerd

PenguinNerd Penguino
    Junior Mod

Hello, @Actavia Here are some Pros, Cons, and Suggestions.

Pros:
    - Active on Jupiter
    - Exceeds Age Requirement
    - Detailed Application

Suggestions:
    - Become more well-known in the community (Being well-known in the community will highly increase your chances of being accepted)
    - Become more Globally Active (Forums, Discord, All Server Platforms, and Twitter if applicable)
    - Add more detail to your scenario questions

Cons:
    - Globally Inactive
    - Lack of Detail on scenario questions

Best of Luck.
    -Penguin

3. Actavia

Actavia Member

Thanks I really appreciate it

4. SketchyAI

SketchyAI Network Helper
    Helper

Pros:
    Active on Jupiter
    Age Requirement met
    Detailed Application
    Has Discord
    Has Microphone

Cons:
    Not Active Globally [Discord,Servers, and Forums]
    Lacks some detail in scenario questions
    1 color choice is to dark [Purple]

Suggestions:
    Change the purple color to something lighter
    Be active globally
    Talk more in public char [So players can get to know you more]

Try answering some questions to all players [When needed]
    Report players if they are breaking rules [If can]

5. Actavia

Actavia Member

Thanks took your advice and changed color

6. RoboticSavage

RoboticSavage Network Senior-Admin
    Management Team Senior Admin

Due to the fact your application currently stands out beyond the average I would like to give you 24 hrs to change up Q7. You have failed to read through it and display a minimum of 200 words. This has let you down and it would be a shame to deny you for this.

Thanks, Robotic.

7. Conceptors

Conceptors Member

I think the only con is Question 7, I think you could have put a little more detail in it, but, overall a pretty good application, good luck!

8. Dnoxal

Dnoxal Resigned Staff member

@RoboticSavage it’s been over 24 hours.

9. Randomuser

Randomuser Member

Agreed,

10. Khizao

Khizao Member

Add more details in #7

Good Luck!

11. Acceptation

Acceptation Restricted
    Banned Muted Member

12. Randomuser

Randomuser Member

Add More Deteil on #7! The Rest is fine tho.

13. RoboticSavage

RoboticSavage Network Senior-Admin
    Management Team Senior Admin

DENIED - Hello there!

Your application has been intensely reviewed by the management team and it has been decided to deny your application; you may reapply in 1 week.

Be sure to look at our writing guide, this will help you when writing your next application https://universemc.us/threads/application-writing-guide.864/ and our general requirements, https://universemc.us/threads/staff-application-requirements.15/

For these reasons your application has been denied:
    - Failed to meet Q7 requirement.

Please take care to fix this up when creating your next staff application in 1 week.

Thanks.