Join other players on play.universemc.us

Denied _Kiira's Staff Application XO

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by Kiira, Jul 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kiira

Kiira Member

______________________________________________________________________________________
    • Minecraft Username:

_Kiira
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    • Previous Minecraft Usernames (if applicable):

ProfessorKush
    Paradox__

• What's your timezone?:

PST (Pacific Standard Time)
    I am currently 18
    • Are you staff on any other servers?:

I run a self sustaining Rust server (Self managed - Many staff - Im only on for emergencies)
    • Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone? If you have discord, please list your full discord name and tag. Example; Example#1234:

I do have Discord and my tag is: Kiira#5220

Also my microphone is a Blue Yeti
    • Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?:

Yes, my computer specs are a 1080 TI aFTW 3, and an Intel Core i7 6700k.
    • Do you have a donator rank on any of our game modes?:

Yes I have Nebula on Jupiter

2) Elaborate

I am most active on Jupiter but I am VERY excited for the new expansion and will dedicate all my time there.
    3) How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:

I pretty much work on my computer during school, home, and my job. I can contribute a minimum of 3 hours a day, but I usually dedicate no less than 5 hours a day.
    4) Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details (if applicable):

I mostly run / manage servers these days but I have an interesting past.
    Banned On UNI: So I was a Moderator on Universe MC before. Personally, I like to think I was popular and loved, I hope the OG’s can vouch for me on that one. One day I caught (on video that I may still have) another moderator abusing his permissions to raid a base. I contacted the head of staff at the time, who if I remember correctly was Seth, and he just verbally warned the mod. I have seen staff demoted for less so I was angry that there was no further action taken and I regrettably got to dedicated to punishing the mod and was demoted/banned for my outbursts. That was two years ago.

Aside from that, I would say I have only been banned for advertising which I did when I was way younger and was for my garbage servers I have made in the past.

5) SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?:

Being a well-known player is irrelevant, at the end of the day if he quits or stays due to his punishment I still have a job to do. I am assuming I muted him for a just reason in this scenario. First I would state that he already broke one rules, and mute bypass and harassment is against the rules and I will be forced to further his punishment if he persists. I will not need any staff getting involved because this is a simple rule being broken and I know how to handle this.

6) Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?:

When I opened my game server hosting company I used cheap servers to host my clients and promised results from them. After some time I realized the clients were getting what they paid for as I was very cheap, but their servers will never be able to blow up and succeed as you get what you pay for. I lost big clients who stated they needed to go to a host that can provide higher specs, so I understood if I stayed with what I had I will ultimately be a failure. So I started renting tens of AWS (Amazon Web Services) Servers, and I had the best CPU and RAM on the market to compete with hosts that host very popular servers. Now when I advertise I can promise not only results but a guarantee that the server will not fail when they blow up. This worked, now all my clients are SERIOUS server owners and are not just your everyday kids making servers, I actually host a few servers with a hundred players average across many games. I learned a valuable lesson about business and management.

7) Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? If not, please explain how you could do as staff even without having any previous experiences. (Minimum 200+ words):

I can go on forever.
    I Major in Software development / Cyber Security.
    My skill sets are expending daily as I tinker with everything I can. Currently, I am exceptionally experienced in the following.

- System Administrator:
    I run my Game Server Host company on Ubuntu 18 OS and have in the past used Windows Server 2016 and have come to be a professional and both and can manage any type of service on them with ease.

- Management / Support:
    As stated many times I own and run a game server hosting company and manage it all on my own, other than my three support agents. I myself am head of the support team and answer 33% of all medium priority tickets and 90% of high priority tickets.

- Minecraft Administrator Experience:
    Again as stated above, I run and own a game server hosting company and I host many Minecraft servers. Almost daily do I receive questions on development and other subjects that server owners who are experienced have, these are not your simple “I have an error with my config” issues, these are real issues decently popular Minecraft server owners have.

Staff Experience:
    I have been staff on many servers, and here is the list.

BRUH Servers: three years ago, I owned a Rust server that had 300 players average (have proof) and lasted a year, the server was immensely popular financially and player base wise, as it was in the top 5 for most popular Rust server. The server eventually died as I was not the best at Cyber Security and I was a target of DDOS, this kept taking down the server and I eventually lost all trust from my players and they did not want to put the time in a server that was gonna go down from a DDOS attack. This killed me, but now I am prepared for an attack such as this.

Universe MC: I was a moderator on this server and in my opinion, was very popular and had a lot of fun, I got too invested in fixing a corrupt staff member two years ago and lost this position, but today I have learned a lot of how to react to a situation such as this.

Rusty: This is a Rust server that has around 10 servers today and they dominate the server list as the biggest modded servers. When they first started I was hired as a system administrator and had console access which I used to develop the server further. Eventually, the servers grew very popular as can be seen today and I was swamped with work for very unfair pay, so I decided to step down as it was not worth it.
    8) If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?:

As stated before, I major in Software development and Cyber Security, basically, I am a nerd who needs to leave the house, these are my hobbies.

Server management/hosting

Game Development (Using Unreal Engine 4)

Tinkering with lethal software such as RAT’s (Remote Administration Tools), Rootkits, Keyloggers, and etc. I love to mess with them and see how they work and their vulnerabilities, because even viruses have them.

I am advanced in the following coding languages:
    - C++
    - Unreal Engine’s edit of C++
    - C
    - CSharp
    - Java
    - and JavaScript
    (Learning Python/Swift)

9) SCENARIO: You're on a busy game mode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a junior moderator for a hacker, someone then messages you on discord telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?:

Firstly I would contact staff to see if anyone else can join in since as the scenario states “You're on a busy game mode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up” so I think it's safe to assume this work is beyond one staff.
    I would try and record the hacker they speak of and use it as evidence to ban if it is obvious. If it is not obvious but I do belive he is fishy, I or a staff that is available will screenshare (After I handle the other issues) the player and try to build a better case, which I belive I am capable of as I have a lot of experience in this field. If the player is not within reach of me, I will call a higher staff as helpers cannot force TP. After I will would quickly take care of the user blasting music in chat and see if he is breaking any rules, if he uses a bot, plays music that is against the rules, or does anything else that is against the rules I will handle it accordingly. Lastly sine that will be a fast fix, I will continue to help the players in chat, all with a smile.

10) SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?:

Once I can assure myself that I have made a mistake, I will correct my error, apologize, and post in make the staff team aware of my errors since it happens to everyone and I hope I learn from this mistake. You cant let things get you down, you have to adapt and react.
    11) Anything else we should know?:

Been here since season 1 (when server opened)

I believe I can help continue to make UNI and fun and welcomed community and hope the staff team accepts me, if not Im a big boy, I can handle it. Thanks and game on.
    ________________________________________________________________________________
    Wanted to add, as I said I know Java, so I wanted to learn Spigot so I can use Java to make plugins. I hope maybe one day I can make plugins for the server.
    ________________________________________________________________________________​

#1 Kiira, Jul 31, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
  2. Stratford

Stratford Member

Most of your application is totally unrelated to UniverseMC at all, i'd advise reading through it and actually putting topics about UniverseMC.

This whole application is pretty much based on your computer specifications, you have no thought about anything other than your own computer.

3. Kiira

Kiira Member

I'm sorry you feel that way, but I can't help but feel that your only saying this since I exposed your application as being copy-pasted... Also, I only mentioned my computer once when asked if I can record.

#3 Kiira, Jul 31, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
    Error404 likes this.
  4. gankfights

gankfights Network Helper
    Helper

+1. mature player and can handle situations well. Application is above par, and is very active ingame.

Kiira likes this.
  5. Acceptation

Senior Mod

Support .

Just looking at the way your respond to others and other threads I can tell that you are very mature, I don't believe I have seen you in game but I've just come back from a week holiday so it's probably just me. Best of luck.​

Kiira likes this.
  6. Kiira

Kiira Member

Thank you both, I very much appreciate it. Also I am very active on Discord and am making an extended effort to try and be more active on in-game chat.

7. SkywardMajora

SkywardMajora Member

+1 This dude is chill and very mature, they give honest criticism and seem to know what they are doing.

Kiira likes this.
  8. PenguinNerd

PenguinNerd Fluffy Penguin <3

+1 Seems to be a good application, nice person to speak with, etc.

Good luck!

- Penguin

Kiira likes this.
  9. Kiira

Kiira Member

Thank you guys. Also it was a good Naruto talk Penguin haha.

10. fbkd

fbkd Network Helper
    Helper

Kiira, you seem to hold personal issues against people over long periods of time, and throughout the past week I have heard multiple people say that you have been talking down on me and my name while I am not in the VC, if you continue to talk behind people's backs I am afraid you won't get staff.

Best of Luck, fbkd

11. Kiira

Kiira Member

I have not done this, your faction seems to like drama. Congrats on your acceptance though!

12. PenguinNerd

PenguinNerd Fluffy Penguin <3

Couldn't agree more about that statement Haha.

13. Kiira

Kiira Member

:)

14. Rse

Rse Member

No hate, but I have to give you a -1

Positives
    - Mature
    - Familiar with the server

Negatives
    - Most of your application is you talking about
    your rust server and what you do
    - Fairly unnecessary to list your pc specs and
    mic
    - Your application feels more like a "flex" than
    an application

Good luck!

fbkd likes this.
  15. Kiira

Kiira Member

Not a serious reply so will ignore. If anyone were to go to memes in discord it will be very apparent that you don’t like me. You also seem to have an obsession with who I am “dating”.

16. Rse

Rse Member

Those are all jokes. This is an honest reply, take it serious or not.

17. Rse

Rse Member

Here is most of the unnecessary / irrelevant information I stated above. I assume most others can agree.

18. Kiira

Kiira Member

You assume incorrectly as most my applications are vouches, from players and staff. Also I believe what I stated to be necessary information l, but I guess we will see.

19. TechnoPat

TechnoPat Network Helper
    Helper

Good app! I know that you're nice, helpful, and a good person. Maybe a bit more detail overall, but it's a +1 from Me.

20. Kiira

Kiira Member

Thank you, I appreciate it :).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.