Join other players on play.universemc.us

Denied 8au's Staff application.

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by 8au, Aug 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 8au

8au Member

1) Simple Information
    Minecraft Username:
    8au

• Previous Minecraft Usernames (if applicable):
    Theodysseey

What's your timezone?:
    GMT (England)

• Are you staff on any other servers?:
    Yes! I am a proud moderator on Venompvp.

Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone? If you have discord, please list your full discord name and tag. Example; Example#1234:
    Yes, I have access to both. Discord name is - 8au#7122

Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?:
    Yes, I record whenever I am online/playing.

Do you have a donator rank on any of our game modes?:
    I have Neptune rank on Mars realm where I am currently playing with my faction Dominos.

2) Elaborate

2) Where are you most active on the Universe Server?:
    Mars realm but am always happy to hop around and see if anybody needs any sort of help.

3) How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:
    6-10 hours a day, ( the same on weekends )

4) Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details (if applicable):
    Yes, awhile back I was banned from SaicoPvP, this was because I was using alts to drop kits/gapples and killing them to farm factions XP. I really regret doing this and have learned to follow rules on the servers that I now play.

5) SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?:
    I would tell the player that he would have to wait out his mute and if he wanted to appeal the mute I would tell him how to do to so. I would give the player a verbal warning for spamming me via DM, if he continued I would punish the player accordingly. If the player was being disrespectful via DM I would also warn the player, if he carried on breaking all of these rules I would ask a higher staff member to temp ban him/her for the necessary time for the rule that x player had broke.

6) Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?:
    I have made mistakes in the past, Not reading rules used to be a big issue for me. I used to just deal with things when they hit me. I have now learned that this is not a good way of doing things as they come back and hit you right in the face.

7) Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? If not, please explain how you could do as staff even without having any previous experiences. (Minimum 200+ words):
    Introduction -

Over my 4 years of playing Minecraft I have been staff on many different servers, some of the servers barely hit 10 members on its most active time, however this did not make me any less able/willing to do my job and help the people playing it to ensure that they have the best and most enjoyable time.

Current day -
    I am currently enjoying being a moderator on VenomPvP, I got helper around 2 weeks ago on there and recently have been promoted to a moderator which means that I cannot play with my faction on there. Since this has happened we have moved over to Mars realm where I would like to further expand my ability to help players. ( being staff on venom will not dampen my ability to help/provide support here on UniverseMC as I am active on both servers weather I am staff or not.

Difficult Situations -

As a moderator on Venom, I have been able to learn how to deal with certain situations such as: Multiple messages, Hackers, and people trying to bend the rules. When dealing with multiple things at once I feel that this is one of my strong points. If I am not currently able to help a player and the player's issue was not urgent I would simply ask the player to hold on while I deal with something else. I am also not afraid to ask another staff member for help if I was dealing with to many things at once.

Over my time being staff I have been exposed to multiple factions/players being toxic to me, I would like to note that I can deal with this and will not let this get to me. I act in a very professional manner and would like to continue to help players and will not be less inclined to help them based on their opinions of me.

Skills I have -
    I am currently Screenshare certified on Venom so I have the skillset to do so on here.
    Polite and professional
    An active player willing to help anybody that needs it.

8) If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?:
    I enjoy working with computers and would like to do this as a profession when I am older, I am currently studying ICT in college and would possibly like to become an IT technician or get into Cyber Security in the future.

9) SCENARIO: You're on a busy game mode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a junior moderator for a hacker, someone then messages you on discord telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?:
    Firstly, I would deal with the hacker because of the urgency of this issue, I would message an online moderator (if any were online and free to help) if there was not a moderator or higher online I would tp to x player and see if I could catch the alledged hacker breaking any rules, if I were not able to see anything that was ban-worthy I would ask the player to submit any proof he may have, or contact an online moderator or higher on Discord. To deal with all of the oncoming questions I would scroll up and reply to each question and apologize for the wait. (I am able to do this as I use badlion so I can scroll up without any issues)

While answering these questions I would hop in the discord call and see what was happening and if needed I would deal with the situation that was occurring.

10) SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?:
    I would apologize for my lack of judgment/error and would ask the players to stop spamming me. I would make it clear to both parties that this was completely my fault and would ask that if there's anything I can do to just message me. I would also make it clear that this would not happen again.

11) Anything else we should know?:

About me -

I am a 17-year-old male that is from the United Kingdom, I enjoy playing video games such as Rust, Minecraft and GTA 5. I have a desire to work with computers when I grow up and have just finished my first year of college where I am currently expanding my knowledge in the world of IT.

Strengths -
    assertive
    Likes to have a joke but knows how to act when things get serious.
    I do not rush into my decisions, I like to plan things out before I act upon them.

Weaknesses -
    I struggle with writing things ( not very good at English even though it is my home language, I can speak English don't worry!)
    Loves ice cream ( a little too much )
    Procrastinates sometimes :)
    If you would like to ask me anything please feel free to message me in-game or on discord (8au#7122
    Many Thanks,
    8au

Thank you for taking the time to read my application, if there is anything that you need, or have any suggestions please let me know!

Have a great day!

IGN: 8au
    Discord: 8au#7122
    Faction: Dominos​

Edit - Changed question #10 to orange to fit all the other questions.

#1 8au, Aug 12, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  2. Almost_Isaac

Almost_Isaac Member

+1
    Extremely nice guy and very professional.

8au likes this.
  3. Error404

Error404 Member

+1
    A great staff member on Venom you should definitely steal him from Venom. Great guy good personality. Was always muting people and doing his job. Muted me alot ;)

#3 Error404, Aug 12, 2019
  4. 8au

8au Member

Thank you for the kind words <3

Thanks means alot :)

5. Zoxide

Zoxide Member

Hey! Your application looks amazing, I have spoken to you in the Universe discord and you seem like a chill person!

+1

Good luck,
    ~ Zox

#5 Zoxide, Aug 12, 2019
  6. 8au

8au Member

Hey! Thank you for the kind words. :)

7. Acceptation

Senior Mod

So you're betraying the fellow Venom team for Uni hehehe

Jokes aside, you seem like a really nice person and I wouldn't mind having you on the team. Best of luck.

8. 8au

8au Member

Thanks for the kind words my friend. <3

PS

Easy dub in the UHC ;)

9. TechnoPat

TechnoPat Network Helper
    Helper

"It is restricted to be staff on another server, if you are your application will be rejected." - Staff application requirements.

10. Kiira

Kiira Member

I believe you are qualified and I like your app, but I do think that especially since Venom is re-opening it would not be the best to split your time for now. I do wish you luck and it would be awesome to see you as staff especially since how nice you were to me, but professionally I don't see it working for either UNI or Venom, you would have to choose one :( GL.

#10 Kiira, Aug 13, 2019 at 1:43 AM
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2019 at 3:05 AM
  11. fbkd

fbkd Network Helper
    Helper

Amazing application. :)

12. 8au

8au Member

Hello, thank you for making me aware of this requirement. I went through the staff documents and did not see anything relating to this, I do apologize for not being aware of this, thank you for your reply.

First of all, I would like to say thank you, it means a lot!
    I do understand why this is a requirement ( not being staff on any other servers ) but I do personally believe that this won't affect me to do my job to its full potential. I play Uni with my faction where I am becoming increasingly active, I feel that the time i spend here would be better spent if I were both playing and helping the community out.

I completely understand why this is a requirement and I thank you all for reading through my application :) <3 have a great day

Thank you <3

13. Sarnando

Sarnando Member

I see no reason to criticise this application.
    Good luck!

14. 8au

8au Member

Thanks! : )

Sarnando likes this.
  15. TechnoPat

TechnoPat Network Helper
    Helper

It's no problem. Just wanted to make sure you know.

8au likes this.
  16. Snooker

Snooker Administrator
    Administrator

DENIED - Hello there!

Your application has been intensely reviewed by the management team and it has been decided to deny your application; you may reapply in 1 week.

For these reasons your application has been denied:

- Staff on another server

Thank You

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.