Join other players on play.universemc.us

Denied 2DC's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by 2DC, Jan 13, 2019.

1. 2DC

2DC Member

1) Simple Information

• Minecraft Username: 2DC

• Previous Minecraft Usernames: NoHitCombo_

• Timezone: GMT

Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone? I do, I also Stream So yes i do have a microphone.

• Do you have the ability to record minecraft videos? I can indeed.

• Are you Star (Or Above): I am indeed (Nebula)

• What is your full discord name? 2DC#1763

2) Elaborate

2) Where are you most active on the Universe Server? Jupiter (Factions)

3) How much time do you have to contribute to the role? I can contribute around 5-10 hours a day, probably more.

4) Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details: I was banned on SaicoPvP falsely but other than that, no.

5) SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do? I would ignore them, ask them to stop, and if were not to stop i would ignore them and or tell a higher up, if this doesn't work i would try and work around another way of helping them.

6) Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last month? How did you deal with it? What did you learn? I trusted someone on skyblock (SaicoSky) and they gave me an account to borrow, logged on it used for it a day, then 4 days later i got banned for ban evading because the person who gave me the account first got banned for misconduct which made me and the alt banned for ban evading.

7) Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? (Minimum 200+ words) I have moderator on a couple of servers, new ones, been helper on a couple of servers back in the day. I also have been staff on other games like GMod etc. I know the in's and out's' of how to punish a player correctly, i know how to handle different situations whatever it may be. I like to help out the community on the server (UniverseMC) by doing Daily giveaways to new comers. I enjoy helping out the community when it comes to problems which may occur, for example if you have ever watched one of my stream, i get asked a lot of questions for example what kind of drops do bosses have, what perks does a certain rank have etc. By me giving away ranks, i feel i make people want to stay on the server longer as they tell this server is a friendly internment, and i enjoy what i do. So when it comes to people asking for help, with whatever it may be, im always there to help them. I respect all players, and will stay mature throughout being staff.

8) If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft? I go to college, i study Level 3 IT, so i know alot about computers.

9) SCENARIO: You're in a busy gamemode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a moderator for a hacker, someone then pokes you on teamspeak telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do? I would tell the person ingame to do ./report (name) and it will be looked at, and i would go and help the person in team speak and or tell them to contact a higher up, if that wasn't helping the situation i would find a better way of helping them and possibly speak to them in person for more information.

10) SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it? I would inform a higher up of the situation, and i will handle it in the most right way possible, after is was done i was sincerely apologise for the mistake and hopefully they would accept the apology.

11) Anything else we should know? Not at all, have a good day, to be honest with you, im not much of a writer, i tend to be better at speaking in interviews. There's not really anything else i can talk about.

#1 2DC, Jan 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
    Vilde likes this.
  2. Dnoxal

Dnoxal Network Staff
    Junior Mod

Hey there, 2DC!
    After reviewing your application, I have came to these pros and cons:

Pros
    Exceeds Age Requirements
    Previous staff experience

Cons
    Just made a forums account
    Seems slightly immature (presented in application)
    Question 11: Advertises Twitch Channel

Suggestions
    Add a color scheme
    Spread your application out

3. Vilde

Vilde Member

Oh my god! This is literally the best application. Like seriously. I'd easily accept this, no joke.
    I can't see any wrongs here. Well maybe he's advertising a bit too much, but look at it in a different way. He streaming, so hes recording any hackers on there. He sounds like a pretty cool dude tbh.

4. Gloking

Gloking Member

Pros:
    Active on Server
    Is able to record/records on server.
    Has Rank (youtube)
    Is well known with community!

Cons:
    Application needs more detail.
    Not Active on forums.

Suggestions:
    Try being helpful in chat.
    Put more detail on scenarios questions!
    Try being a little bit active on forums [So you can be globally active]

Sincerely
    ~ Gloking

5. PenguinNerd

PenguinNerd Sr. Staff / Weeb / Nerd
    Senior Mod

I would have to agree with Dnoxal here, in your application it makes you appear slightly immature. Here are some suggestions.

- Become more Globally Active (Forums, Discord, All Server Platforms, and Twitter if applicable)
    - Add much more detail as your application is lacking a lot of detail
    - Space out your questions and responses as your application is unorganized

Best of Luck.
    -Penguin

6. Tank

Tank Self-Appointed Staff Application Critic
    Administrator

Hello!
    I would agree with basically everyone else here.
    Some suggestions-
    • Add more detail to scenario questions
    • Few grammar errors
    • Maybe little bit brighter colors?
    Besides that you seem to have some good staff background.

Good Luck!

7. 16LettersUserIGN

16LettersUserIGN Demoted Staff Member

Hello 2DC , this is my feedback on you're staff application

Pros:

• Exceeds age requirements
    • Working Microphone
    • Streamer
    Cons:
    • Advertising you're channel a lot in the questions
    • Lack of detail
    • No effort
    • Lack of dedication
    • Unorganized application
    • Showing signs of inmaturity (by placing emojis down.)
    Suggestions:
    • Get rid of the advertising
    • Put in more effort
    • Add more detail
    • Be more dedicated
    • Fix your Color Scheme (This falls down in the category "Unorganized Application" that I mentioned in the cons.)
    • Get rid of the emojis (They make you look inmature.)
    Best of Luck!

#7 16LettersUserIGN, Jan 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
  8. Conceptors

Conceptors Member

PROS: Exceeds requirements, able to record, nice, know, and active on Jupiter
    CONS: Not globally active, lack of detail / effort, and under 200 words on question 7
    SUGGESTIONS: Become more active on discord and forums, also, add some more detail and effort, and finally fix up question 7.
    Summary: I think you're a great youtuber, you make good videos, you have a good application but there is some stuff you could work on, anyways, good luck!

9. Acceptation

Helper

Hasn't been on forums long enough so no thanks

10. Randomuser

Randomuser Member

I agree with PenguinNerd, He is absolutely right.

11. RoboticSavage

RoboticSavage Member

DENIED - Hello there!

Your application has been intensely reviewed by the management team and it has been decided to deny your application; you may reapply in 1 week.

Be sure to look at our writing guide, this will help you when writing your next application https://universemc.us/threads/application-writing-guide.864/ and our general requirements, https://universemc.us/threads/staff-application-requirements.15/

For these reasons your application has been denied:
    - Globally inactive
    - Lack of dedication
    - Lack of detail
    - Failure to read through Q7 and supply 200 + words.

Please take care to fix this up when creating your next staff application in 1 week.

Thanks.